Why is Johnny from BB3 so disliked on the Forum?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
Forum Member
✭✭
I watched BB3 and liked Johnny at the time. I thought that he and Kate Lawler had a great friendship and enjoyed watching them.

I wasn't on any of the Forums at the time, so I'm unsure of the reasons why he is so disliked. I've seen negative reactions on DS in recent years but have never seen FM's reasons for not liking him.

Could anyone shed any light on this please?

Comments

• PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was seen as creepy, an actor and a WUM by many who were watching the live feed and posting on the forum that year (which I was merely lurking). To get a real idea of why people were not fond of him, you should search for some of the old threads describing what was happening live throughout BB3 and fms reactions to it. :)
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not being 'that guy' but seriously (no irony) who???

edit: oh, this guy http://bigbrotheruk.wikia.com/wiki/Jonny_Regan

I have no idea then, didn't even know he uses DS
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't on here either but he did annoy me. I remember getting annoyed that he made the final and that the crowd were chanting 'jonny jonny' so was happy when Kate won.

I remember on live feed he was always taking it hard when he got nommed. He never took it well. It was mostly feed viewers, he came across much better in the HLs
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He came across as desperately insincere to me. Within minutes of them meeting each other he was suggesting that it didn't matter who won as long as they all kept in touch with each other.

Also, when he was nominated you would have thought he'd just been told he had a life threatening disease or something. He took it SO personally and let everyone know JUST how devastated he was ALL WEEK!
  • celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    He came across as desperately insincere to me. Within minutes of them meeting each other he was suggesting that it didn't matter who won as long as they all kept in touch with each other.

Also, when he was nominated you would have thought he'd just been told he had a life threatening disease or something. He took it SO personally and let everyone know JUST how devastated he was ALL WEEK!

And how his poor family would nt be able to afford to come down every week .

The nail in his coffin was the night near the end where Kate was cery drunk and a friend would have got her straight into bed but Johnny was still trying to ply her with more and more drink ,though i cant remember every detail of it , ( was there something to do with the shower ? ) i do recall It really was quite disturbing to watch ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.

I only used to watch the HL's show at the time and he seemed to me to be a great HM who brought a lot to the show.

I wish I'd watched live feed, and shows why live feed is important when watching the show.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Johnny. He was a bit desperate for fame, much like many who go on BB, but he & Kate made a good team. He was part of my favourite series so I may have rose tinted specs on & see him as better than he was.
  • ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above is true, but the most irritating thing I found about him was him telling everyone how funny he was. I've always found that people who think they are hilarious are in actual fact total bores.
  • BigMommaBigMomma Posts: 14,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a creep

The odd one out in one of the best BBs ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Are there seriously still people who spend precious time thinking about the events of a trashy reality show 12 years ago?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    I liked Johnny. He was a bit desperate for fame, much like many who go on BB, but he & Kate made a good team. He was part of my favourite series so I may have rose tinted specs on & see him as better than he was.

I liked him, him and Kate together on the poor side were good,
  • ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there seriously still people who spend precious time thinking about the events of a trashy reality show 12 years ago?

What's wrong with that?

BB is a bit of a hobby. Like some people might like researching stuff on Dr Who or Star Trek.

Who are you to judge what is acceptable for people to think about?
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Red Lips wrote: »
    I watched BB3 and liked Johnny at the time. I thought that he and Kate Lawler had a great friendship and enjoyed watching them.

I wasn't on any of the Forums at the time, so I'm unsure of the reasons why he is so disliked. I've seen negative reactions on DS in recent years but have never seen FM's reasons for not liking him.

Could anyone shed any light on this please?

Called himself a Geordie when he wasn't one, and, together with the foolish Kate Lawler, proceeded to act the clown by getting arseholed. Moaned when he ran out of 'tabs', and constantly whinged about being nominated. His act was contrived, puerile, and far from funny.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    "three fockin times THREE FOCKIN TIMES"
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member

Apologies. Next time I'll run it buy YOU before I choose to think about something.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Big Brother forum. :confused: Are there seriously still people who spend precious time judging others for what they choose to think about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    And how his poor family would nt be able to afford to come down every week .

The nail in his coffin was the night near the end where Kate was cery drunk and a friend would have got her straight into bed but Johnny was still trying to ply her with more and more drink ,though i cant remember every detail of it , ( was there something to do with the shower ? ) i do recall It really was quite disturbing to watch ..

O God, it's bringing it all back! Trying to blackmail housemates into not nominating him because his family would have to travel to London again for the eviction and they couldn't afford it. But I do remember the drunk Kate incident very well. She was all but passed out and he was literally pouring the booze into her mouth - it was very disturbing. I can't remember if BB interfered or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sorry you find it annoying.

I just find it interesting to find out about why opinions are different and what others saw that I didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    And the dance thing he always did, holding the ankle of of foot and hopping on the other?!!!
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    He chewed his toenails.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanzi wrote: »
    O God, it's bringing it all back! Trying to blackmail housemates into not nominating him because his family would have to travel to London again for the eviction and they couldn't afford it. But I do remember the drunk Kate incident very well. She was all but passed out and he was literally pouring the booze into her mouth - it was very disturbing. I can't remember if BB interfered or not.

As I remember they asked Jade to look after her :o
  • dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

I only used to watch the HL's show at the time and he seemed to me to be a great HM who brought a lot to the show.

I wish I'd watched live feed, and shows why live feed is important when watching the show.

I watched the LF and I still liked him. :)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found him tiresome. He seemed desperate to create "moments" and entertain.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »

He did do an ad for British Gas after that......
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    Apologies. Next time I'll run it buy YOU before I choose to think about something.

..........:D. 👍