A Walk For Jade

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
Forum Member
I saw this page on facebook (so many of my friends list seem to be joining various Jade pages):

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?sid=c35002baafeec9c79d615d71e78a02a0&eid=69134110335

Apparently a charity walk for Haven House, A Children's Hospice. It does also say this though:
Balloons can be purchased at the event, costing £5 each. All the money raised will directly go to Jade for her boys, Bobby and Freddy. Jade's been working thru her illness, so that she can at least support her son's financially throughout their childhood and young adult years. Hopefully we can raise a nice amount to add to the boy's bank, a gesture that will show Jade just how much she is truly loved, and how much we're thinking of her babies.

BTW.. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for starting a new Jade thread but I'm sure the mods will merge or remove it if they choose to

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't her sons have enough money? I think all the money should go to charity to be honest
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Lord, charity for the rich.

Just when you thought this sad woman's impending death couldn't descend any lower.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Won't her sons have enough money? I think all the money should go to charity to be honest

I agree with you on that one.

Another facebook page (created by the same person) mentions donations for the boys

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=48899024506
    Anybody wishing to send POSITIVE messages of hope to Jade or donations for the boys trust fund/bank, please feel free to send any cards/cheques/letters to Jade's business partner at : Jade Goody,
    Femme Fatel
    5 Station Road, Loughton,
    1G10 4NZ

The charity walk is also mentioned in the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/02/25/jade-goody-charity-walk-friends-and-family-join-fund-raising-event-115875-21150669/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with the above poster. Jade's boys will be millionnaires, they're hardly going to be poverty-stricken. All the money should go the hospice / another charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its right for the public to be giving anymore than they already have, we buy the magazines and papers etc that pay her for her interviews, so are giving our money that way, I don't think it's right to ask directly from the public like this but also don't think its Jade who has requested it?!
    Forum Member
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    I don't think its right for the public to be giving anymore than they already have, we buy the magazines and papers etc that pay her for her interviews, so are giving our money that way, I don't think it's right to ask directly from the public like this but also don't think its Jade who has requested it?!

Clearly not... it's a friend of hers who has set up the facebook groups and organised the charity walk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    It also says this on that Facebook page
    Anybody who wishes to attend and bring their own balloon can do so, and also for those who cannot make it, donations can be made to a children's charity at www.justgiving.com/jerrilee. It is a related cause and takes just 2 minutes online.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=56046106291&h=wIJ93&u=VoWtB
    Forum Member
    A walk for Jade - fine. A collection in her name/memory for a children's hospice - fine. But I think it's ridiculous to have a balloon sale for the boys. Deeply sad that they are losing their mother, but they are not going to be poverty-stricken orphans. Jade herself has already made plenty to secure their future. These girls are clearly either friends of Jade or obsessed fans, I can't imagine Jade herself is behind it.
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I saw this page on facebook (so many of my friends list seem to be joining various Jade pages):

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?sid=c35002baafeec9c79d615d71e78a02a0&eid=69134110335

Apparently a charity walk for Have House, A Children's Hospice. I does also say this though:

BTW.. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for starting a new Jade thread but I'm sure the mods will merge or remove it if they choose to
    Balloons can be purchased at the event, costing £5 each. All the money raised will directly go to Jade for her boys, Bobby and Freddy. Jade's been working thru her illness, so that she can at least support her son's financially throughout their childhood and young adult years. Hopefully we can raise a nice amount to add to the boy's bank, a gesture that will show Jade just how much she is truly loved, and how much we're thinking of her babies.

eh??? :confused:
    If I was buying a balloon from a Children's Hospice, I would WANT the money raised to go directly to the children IN the hospice, whose quality of life is not quite as enhanced as the life of Beautiful Boys Bobby & Freddy (TM)!!

As I am a supporter of Demelza House hospice, I would like the money that *I* donate to go to the little children in there, to make sure that they have those special treats and pleasures whilst they still CAN! :mad:

Jade was on the front of EVERY paper yesterday, all of them claiming that Jade had spoken "exclusively" to them.

If that IS the case, she must have made enough money to add to her increasing Trust Fund to have to NOT take this money. I hope she will tell the Charity Directors that they are very kind but they should sell the balloons but use the money to help the terminally ill children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *tiffany* wrote: »

I bet she'll take the money though.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would happily do a charity walk for Haven House but not if the proceeds were going to Jade and her offspring.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the money is going to Charity.
    Forum Member
    trumpet101 wrote: »
    A walk for Jade - fine. A collection in her name/memory for a children's hospice - fine. But I think it's ridiculous to have a balloon sale for the boys. Deeply sad that they are losing their mother, but they are not going to be poverty-stricken orphans. Jade herself has already made plenty to secure their future. These girls are clearly either friends of Jade or obsessed fans, I can't imagine Jade herself is behind it.

Friends of Jade from what I read on there
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »

The money raised from the walk is going to the charity. The money from the sale of £5 balloons is for Jade's sons
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly not... it's a friend of hers who has set up the facebook groups and organised the charity walk.

Goody/Clifford must know about it and have agreed to accept the money - It’s her shop details used as the address to send to and presumably these mugs will write "Jade Goody" as the payee on the cheque!

"Too much is never enough". Translate it into Latin and it would be the Goody family motto.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who thought of the balloon idea? Whoever did needs to feel ashamed of themselves, stretching the public generosity isn't it. I think donating all the proceeds from the walk and to keep up the awareness this can only be a positive, but to prey on the public whilst doing their bit to help others is disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrsHenri wrote: »
    I bet she'll take the money though.

Well why shouldn't she, if people choose to give her money then should take it. If they don't choose to give her money thats also fine
    Forum Member
    [PHP]
    eh??? :confused:
    If I was buying a balloon from a Children's Hospice, I would WANT the money raised to go directly to the children IN the hospice, whose quality of life is not quite as enhanced as the life of Beautiful Boys Bobby & Freddy (TM)!!

As I am a supporter of Demelza House hospice, I would like the money that *I* donate to go to the little children in there, to make sure that they have those special treats and pleasures whilst they still CAN! :mad:

Jade was on the front of EVERY paper yesterday, all of them claiming that Jade had spoken "exclusively" to them.

If that IS the case, she must have made enough money to add to her increasing Trust Fund to have to NOT take this money. I hope she will tell the Charity Directors that they are very kind but they should sell the balloons but use the money to help the terminally ill children.
    [/PHP]

I don't think the hospice are selling the balloons, think it's Jade's fans/friends at the walk...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »

They should make their minds up- the money is either for charity or Jade's children
    Forum Member
    trumpet101 wrote: »

I don't think the hospice are selling the balloons, think it's Jade's fans/friends at the walk...

Not sure what happened to your quote! LOL!

Yes.. it looks like the friends selling the balloons. I'm sure a lot of people will get caught up in the moment and buy them. I wonder if on the day it will be made clear that the money for the balloons will go to Jade's boys?
    Forum Member
    They should make their minds up- the money is either for charity or Jade's children

It clearly says that it's the money for the balloons going to the boys. All other money raised is going to the charity

I wonder what these balloons will look like. You can guarantee some will end up on ebay!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    This is getting a bit sick now, the boys have a father. He works as a television presenter. They must have a million pounds by now in that trust fund.

Just what level of shameless exploitation does this sordid circus have to reach before somebody spots that people are making money out of such a terrible situation?

WAKE UP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It clearly says that it's the money for the balloons going to the boys. All other money raised is going to the charity

I wonder what these balloons will look like. You can guarantee some will end up on ebay!

How much money do they need? How about giving them some good memories and taking them around the world for a year or so? All this money talk is ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    There was no mention of a hospice on Monday .... just money to go to Jade:confused:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/4148760.LOUGHTON__Charity_walk_set_to_raise_money_for_Jade_Goody/

I can understand her friends wanting to something to support her but wouldn't it be nice if the money raised could be donated (in her name) to the hospice.

http://www.havenhouse.org.uk/
    Forum Member
    beanio wrote: »
    There was no mention of a hospice on Monday .... just money to go to Jade:confused:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/4148760.LOUGHTON__Charity_walk_set_to_raise_money_for_Jade_Goody/

I can understand her friends wanting to something to support her but wouldn't it be nice if the money raised could be donated (in her name) to the hospice.

http://www.havenhouse.org.uk/

According to the facebook page the money is going to the hospice. It's the balloon money going to the boys. It could be the newspaper reporting it wrongly.

However I think ALL money should go to charity. Surely her boys will have more than enough now