How do you change your username!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
Forum Member
I've been caught!

I really don't want people i know in "real life" reading my posts in case i slag them off:D

I need to change my username or I'll have to stop posting.I've tried doing it uner my profile but it doesn't work and i know you're not allowed to have two accounts.What can i do?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,666
    Forum Member
    you're stuck angella
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    You can't, the Mods won't do it anymore. There was a time you could but that's long gone.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Log out.
    2. Renew your IP http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/how-do-I-change-my-ip-address
    3. Delete all cookies
    4. Register new account.(With a different email address)
    5. Cant really go back to old account easily
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angella is not TOO bad....

... I wish I could change my user name, if there's anyone posting on here who knows me in real life... it's blatently obvious who I am.

Although I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life, so I've never really been too worried about it...
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,799
    Administrator
    Hi,

Right now we're extremely limited with regards to username changes. Because of the size of the forum database, I believe changing usernames puts a huge amount of strain on the server. The forum software developers are aware of the issue and, last I heard, a fix was being worked on but this is obviously something we aren't able to fix ourselves.

If there is an actual REASON you need a name change (as opposed to 'just fancy a change' or 'oo, that sounds cool!') get in touch via http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/forum/ and we'll see what we can do. I'm afraid I can make no promises at this time but that would be the best avenue to explore.

Thanks
    DS Forum Support
This discussion has been closed.