is people mistakign the doctor and donna being married gonna be a runnign gag?

alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
in todays epiosde we saw some people mistake the doctor and donna donna for beign ariied and we also saw it in teh trailer for next week's episode, do you reckon this will be a running gag?

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully these are the only two times but I doubt it somehow.

IIRC RTD (or someone) in an Interview did say it was going to happen a couple of times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    It'll probably be a running gag for the first few episodes but I don't think they'll carry it through the entire series, it'll get boring very quickly
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    It will get boring if they use the gag in every episode. I guess they could twist it when the Doctor is reunited with Rose and say "Father and daughter"
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I suspect that's the case - two episodes in a row suggests that this is likely to be at least a short term theme...
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an obvious assumption for people to make as they are around the same and have a good rapport. Particualrly when in historical times, when unmarried couples weren't really in the habit of travelling around together.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    in todays epiosde we saw some people mistake the doctor and donna donna for beign ariied and we also saw it in teh trailer for next week's episode, do you reckon this will be a running gag?

I think it will come up again
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would not say its a running gag. Just emphasising the point that Donna is in fact just a "mate" ;)
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: I should probably read the thread before I post. Blame the hangover. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's to prevent anymore cringe type fan fiction or fan videos:D