Nolan's on Loose Women

13»

Comments

• spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were big in Japan!

They certainly were, but still more popular here in the UK (and their native Ireland, of course).
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were big in Japan!

Now they're just, erm.....big! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the Roly Poly's live quite a few times a few years back - they were lovely ladies offstage as well. Mo always reminded me of my late grandma, who was a very big lady herself.

Mo Moreland is a darling.
    Remember sitting on her knee as a little girl after one of her shows as 'The Mighty Atom and Roy!' (hilarious....can't believe it was about 30 years ago, now) when she was doing the clubs and she gave me a big cuddle...got the piccies somewhere. Dad had previously booked her a few times to appear in the club where he was secretary and knew her reasonably well.
    Funny, like the Nolans, she comes from Blackpool (well, the posher end...believes she lives in St. Anne's).
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OTD wrote: »
    OMG

There is no way as long as I have a hole in my arse that could pass for live in a million years.

Just seen the repeat. They were totally not live. I quite like them, but it is a shame that it wasn't live.

The thing is, it is actually quite hard to get the sound right so that it sounds like the record.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's Coleen's voice - when she sang @I'm in the mood for dancing' on Loose Women she couldn't reach any of the notes.

And I'm not being bitchy becaus she's stll a lot slimmer than me but she certainly has piled on the weight.

Looking at her on this video, I wonder if the problem with Dancing on Ice was the dancing, not the ice!
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Mo Moreland is a darling.
    Remember sitting on her knee as a little girl after one of her shows as 'The Mighty Atom and Roy!' (hilarious....can't believe it was about 30 years ago, now) when she was doing the clubs and she gave me a big cuddle...got the piccies somewhere. Dad had previously booked her a few times to appear in the club where he was secretary and knew her reasonably well.
    Funny, like the Nolans, she comes from Blackpool (well, the posher end...believes she lives in St. Anne's).

I thought the Nolans were Irish. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    I thought the Nolans were Irish. :confused:

That's true...their parents were full-blooded Irish and brought them over from Ireland while they were still young and they grew up in Blackpool. Colleen is the only sibling to have been born 'over here'.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    OTD wrote: »
    OMG

There is no way as long as I have a hole in my arse that could pass for live in a million years.

Were they meant to be live, nobody said they were on the show?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Why don't they f*ck off there then?:rolleyes:

Why, what harm are they doing to you or anybody else?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I like the show...but not a fan of the Nolans...fair enough I'm not in their target audience...but even my mum said they were past it. Oh, and attrocious (sp) miming.:rolleyes:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A predictably Pontins holiday camp performance circa 1982 by four burly karaoke singers.

If this is a signal of what the concerts have in store, the fans are certainly in for a treat......:eek::eek::p

Atrocious miming, terrible tinny, over-synthesized vocals - note how pushy Coleen has promoted herself to role of lead singer - and mistimed 'dance moves' akin to a drunken knees-up at a low budget wedding reception. Oh, what joy......
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

Assaulting my eardrums :eek:
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

deleted
  • EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you told me that was Colleen Nolan. I thought I was watching Nerys Hughes and some drag queens! That was a shocking performance.