Wireless trouble

I have a Virginmedia wireless router, but since yesterday I can't seem to see the network in order to connect.

I've tried power cycling the router, but it doesn't have any effect. Besides, I know it isn't the router because I can connect to the internet wirelessly with my secondary laptop (and my bluray player).

I can connect successfully via ethernet cable with this computer, and I can also see my neighbours' wireless networks... just not my Virginmedia one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• TKDFanTKDFan Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afx237vi wrote: »
    I have a Virginmedia wireless router, but since yesterday I can't seem to see the network in order to connect.

I've tried power cycling the router, but it doesn't have any effect. Besides, I know it isn't the router because I can connect to the internet wirelessly with my secondary laptop (and my bluray player).

I can connect successfully via ethernet cable with this computer, and I can also see my neighbours' wireless networks... just not my Virginmedia one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a push button on your primary laptop that turns wireless on and off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    TKDFan wrote: »
    Do you have a push button on your primary laptop that turns wireless on and off?

Yes, and also Fn + F10... I've tried disabling, then enabling the wireless adapter in Network Connections too.
  • Frank1Frank1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Check the country setting on your "problem" laptop.
    Wireless channels above 11 are not allocated in the USA so your laptop maybe prevented from using them.
    Frank