Rory McGrath should be sacked by Beeb, after couple assault

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
McGrath should be sacked after beating up a couple in a drunken assault who tried to help him.

But Of course, he carry on as normal, as th Beeb will never sack him, they never learn!

Comments

• mpk81mpk81 Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC would have to give him a job so they could sack him, he isn't a BBC employee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mpk81 wrote: »
    The BBC would have to give him a job so they could sack him, he isn't a BBC employee.

You know what I mean, so don't be silly, will he get work from them, again

Was Angus Dayton employed... As he no longer works fro them etc..

So, I spell it out to you, that what I meant.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Not how it's spelt but he does lots of stuff for the BBC. He's in Waterloo Road for example.

Of course he was gotten rid of at the time of scandal. But just needed to be clear with you.

I'm not sure what if anything Rory is doing with the BBC now, I know he was involved with that show 'three men in a boat', and probably does some radio. But I'd rather the BBC supported him through his troubles.
  • mpk81mpk81 Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you mean Angus Deayton who is in Waterloo Road?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mpk81 wrote: »
    Do you mean Angus Deayton who is in Waterloo Road?

Ok, but before you get away from the question and have a go,at me, I am sorry I am dyslexic and should have checked.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Absolute Power, Would I Lie To You, Pramface, Nighty Night, World's Most Dangerous Roads and those New Year shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not how it's spelt but he does lots of stuff for the BBC. He's in Waterloo Road for example.

Of course he was gotten rid of at the time of scandal. But just needed to be clear with you.

I'm not sure what if anything Rory is doing with the BBC now, I know he was involved with that show 'three men in a boat', and probably does some radio. But I'd rather the BBC supported him through his troubles.

So any criminal act from a BBC star, or freelance should be supported, I am sure that good news to Stuart Hall when he or if he comes out.
    And before you say, it different, yes it is, but still beating a couple up drunk, is still a crime not to be supported.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Absolute Power, Would I Lie To You, Pramface, Nighty Night, World's Most Dangerous Roads and those New Year shows

But not for a very long time after the event.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    But not for a very long time after the event.
    He left HIGNFY in 2002. Absolute Power was in 2003 and Nighty Night in 2004.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never liked the bearded overweight oaf
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you can kill a cab driver, serve your time, then get a role in a soap what's a bit of GBH?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,943
    Forum Member
    He's actually been working for ITV. He's also done time with Channel 5.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    So any criminal act from a BBC star, or freelance should be supported, I am sure that good news to Stuart Hall when he or if he comes out.
    And before you say, it different, yes it is, but still beating a couple up drunk, is still a crime not to be supported.

You are all for someone losing their job and livelihood? I note these days there are a lot of people demanding others lose their jobs over something that has little to do with their employer. I'd suggest you mind your own business and let him and others be punished by a court and not by their employer,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommytiger wrote: »
    You are all for someone losing their job and livelihood? I note these days there are a lot of people demanding others lose their jobs over something that has little to do with their employer. I'd suggest you mind your own business and let him and others be punished by a court and not by their employer,

I am sorry, thought this was a forum for debating. Better take down all the Tulisa, forums etc, as a early post from you Kerry Katona, leave the poor girl alone! She been punished enough :p
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood why Rory McGrath was employed by any television company tbh, he's never made me laugh and comes across as an arrogant prat.

Angus Deayton always seems likeable though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Man sacked for drunken idiocy'

In other news - 'Unemployment hits 15m mark'

Great idea OP. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    'Man sacked for drunken idiocy'

In other news - 'Unemployment hits 15m mark'

Great idea OP. :rolleyes:

Not just drunk GBH, that ok then is it!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    I never understood why Rory McGrath was employed by any television company tbh, he's never made me laugh and comes across as an arrogant prat.

Angus Deayton always seems likeable though.

I think he has always been a 'difficult' character.
    He even got sacked from Hat Trick Productions, the TV company he co-founded.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr McGrath is a guest on Channel Five's "Wright Stuff" next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Well if you can kill a cab driver, serve your time, then get a role in a soap what's a bit of GBH?

True, but he was young, he was being employed as a soldier and he killed a German. Good Lord, during the War we gave men medals for that sort of thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just drunk GBH, that ok then is it!!!

He didn't get done for GBH. You don't get a simple police caution for GBH, you generally go to prison. You can also go inside for ABH, but not if it's at the lower end of the scale.

McGrath was cautioned for common assault resulting in ABH. Cautioned, not even prosecuted. That's how serious this fracas was. A fracas to which, it should be noted, McGrath has held his hands up. Still want him 'sacked'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McGrath looks like a ruffian and the sort to get involved in scraps. I was quite surprised to learn he was also at Cambridge University, so he's got an intellectual side too.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    McGrath looks like a ruffian and the sort to get involved in scraps. I was quite surprised to learn he was also at Cambridge University, so he's got an intellectual side too.
    Very few 'thickos' can make a career out of comedy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very few 'thickos' can make a career out of comedy.

Maybe true, but they haven't all been to Cambridge. Is a ruffian necessarily a thicko?

Personally, I'm not sure whether Cambridge comics really are so special or whether it's a case of not what they know but who they know.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    True, but he was young, he was being employed as a soldier and he killed a German. Good Lord, during the War we gave men medals for that sort of thing.

He murdered a German TAXI DRIVER ..it was not an act of war