Hannibal Season 2 US-PACE & Speculation

Comments

• Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this episode, starting to really rate Hannibal as a series now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an insane episode, Hugh Dancy is quite the revelation! Spectacular performance so far, certainly matches up to Mads Mikkelsen. Made me jump out of my skin when they found the woman inside the horse. I must say season 2 is strong as ever and its sad that the show doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I loved it when Will made it very clear to him, to never lie to him ever because quite frankly he can see through Dr Lecters transparent lies.

I hope there is some clever twist for Dr Chilton, like Jack/Will lie to Hannibal about Chilton's condition and maybe mislead him about it.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the latest episode, Daniel Faraday!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the latest episode, Daniel Faraday!!!!

Dickie Bennett:p:D:D

The logistics of all the murders we've seen so far have never really bothered me before. Tree man for instance. But I had trouble accepting the corpse in a horse set up. Especially with all the intestines being stuffed back in. So this is the weakest ep yet, for me.

Still loving the show though. The tears in the Martini brought a smile to my face. I wonder if the show's budget means they have to get rid of characters to be able to bring new ones in? That's maybe why Bev had to go.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Dickie Bennett:p:D:D

The logistics of all the murders we've seen so far have never really bothered me before. Tree man for instance. But I had trouble accepting the corpse in a horse set up. Especially with all the intestines being stuffed back in. So this is the weakest ep yet, for me.

Still loving the show though. The tears in the Martini brought a smile to my face. I wonder if the show's budget means they have to get rid of characters to be able to bring new ones in? That's maybe why Bev had to go.

The totem pole of human body parts constructed by one man in a public place in the first season never bothered your sense of logistics?:D The way I have dealt with this sort of thing right from the beginning is to treat everything in the show like a surreal nightmare. Just don't even pretend it is supposed to be realistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    The totem pole of human body parts constructed by one man in a public place in the first season never bothered your sense of logistics?:D The way I have dealt with this sort of thing right from the beginning is to treat everything in the show like a surreal nightmare. Just don't even pretend it is supposed to be realistic.

That was doable though - even if it was a stretch. Stuffing everything (back) in the horse was too much for me. Hans Solo had the right idea. He left the guts in the snow at least.:p:D

I need to watch this ep again with my emotion/logic chip removed.:D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I was wondering when Freddie Lounds's inquisitiveness would come back to bite her. I wonder what Will's done with her. There must be some plan in action. Also, it was quite something to see Will throw down his gun and kill Randall Tier with his bare hands.

Was excited to see Mason Verger, and they did a good job casting Michael Pitt. Very 'mad-scientist' and I loved the hair.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will has obviously convinced Freddie he has a plan to bring Hannibal down. There's no way she's dead. Quite how Will managed to dodge that bullet is quite a mystery though.

Michael Pitt was brilliant. I'm not too familiar with the Thomas Harris books or characters, but I do know a fine performance when I see one.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving this series. Only started watching season 1 the other week and am already caught up!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Will hasn't really killed and eaten Freddie?

But if he has hidden her somewhere, perhaps explained everything to her and told her about the long-con he seems to be running to get to Hannibal, then what was that meat? He would have known that Hannibal would recognise if he just used real pig meat, so what did he use? Did he use meat from the previous week's beast guy? But he wasn't scared when he died though?

Will sleeping with Margot despite "not having the right equipment for her proclivities":

I assume then that she is a lesbian, like in the book Hannibal?

So why sleep with Will?

Spoiler from the trailer for the next episode:
    The trailer shows that Margot is pregnant. Did she sleep with Will just to become pregnant, so as to have a male heir to her father's fortune and enable her to kill Mason without all the money going to the church?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie is still alive. She's looking after Chilton who is paralysed now after the neck shot:D:D

''You slice the ginger''. Loved it.

Wasn't keen on the Mason Verger character - seemed a little bit comic book.

Am I right in thinking Will mounted Randall as the Tooth Fury all by himself? Hannibal didn't help. Will saved a few choice cuts for later.;-)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    So why sleep with Will?
    maybe she wanted to be turned. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mahler's Adagietto from his 5th Symphony played while Will and Hannibal had their dinner date at the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQQsu6VBYA

Whilst slow and funereal it is said to be a love song from Mahler to his beloved Alma.

Mahler wrote a poem to his wife to go with it-
    ''How much I love you, you my sun, I cannot tell you that with words. I can only lament to you my longing and love'' Beautiful piece of music.

Will and Hannibal do seem to be a little in love with one another?:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about this turn of events - i think Hannibal is a little in love with Will but am hoping Will is setting Hannibal up. Hannibal as the devil theme seems stronger than ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are being lead to believe that Will has succumbed to his dark side, all is not what it seems. I think the conversation at the dinner table, Will knew that Hannibal would go after Freddie for interfering in their relationship & her persistence in exposing Dr Lecter. I think Will's presence in the barn was to warn Freddie to go off grid and tell her the ruse he has set up to trap Hannibal.

Matt D:
    Margo sleeps with Will so she can become pregnant with an heir (male heir as stated in her fathers will) as that is the only way she can gain control of the Verger empire via her child and take down Mason. Hannibal did perpetuate the idea to spur Margo on.
  • Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it hard to follow now. I really don't think that Will has given into his dark side, yet what he did to Randall's body is far from the actions of a "normal" person. Who will become pig meat? Margot's brother??
    Forum Member
    Good news as NBC have renewed Hannibal for a third season. :) Looking forward to tonight's episode even more now!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good that its been renewed, though I'd like series 3 to be the last as I don't think I can take too much more of Hannibal and Will dancing around each other:) What cuisine will the episode titles use? I'm calling Italian:D
    Can't beleive Freddy's dead so good call by posters above saying its possible Will saved a bit of Sabretooth guy. Would he have been "scared"? - probably not, but adrenaline levels would've been high from him hunting down Will - which I think is what gives the meat its taint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Good news as NBC have renewed Hannibal for a third season. :) Looking forward to tonight's episode even more now!

Excellent news. Thanks Parthenon.

The final few eps will taste so much sweeter without the fear factor.;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eating the whole bird - gopping. Will really has crossed over to TDS.

Great episode. Probably my favourite one so far this season.

Freddie wasn't on the rolling barbie - it was just some body from the morgue I imagine(that flaming wheelchair reminded of....... no it's gone:D)

Alana is confused.She's not the only one. Hannibal set Margot and Mason and Will up. Hoping Will would kill Mason because he'd lost his Abigail surrogate. But Will didn't bite. Great line to end the ep ''Dr Lecter is the one you want to be feeding to your pigs''.

I don't dislike the Mason character anymore. I think Hannibal will eat the guy for breakfast though.

2 eps left. I wonder Season 2 will end where it started - with the fight. Roll end credits. Season wrap.:o

PS
    No one died in this ep? Don't keep a body count but was wondering if this was a first. Although I did fear for Alana. Don't want to loose Caroline but..........:cry:
    Forum Member
    Crikey, Mason really is pure evill, isn't he?! Literally drinking the tears of children! :D
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Good that its been renewed, though I'd like series 3 to be the last as I don't think I can take too much more of Hannibal and Will dancing around each other:) What cuisine will the episode titles use?
    If Hannibal is locked-up in the next series, I hope the cuisine titles will reflect the sort of slop he's receiving at Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane. I look forward to episodes entitled "Meatloaf" and "Some Sort of Reconstituted Poultry".:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely "giving the game away" to Hannibal's girlfriends isn't the wisest thing they could've done.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ep :)

When we saw the burning body, and later had the dental ID, I thought "Oh well, I guess Will did do it, as how could he have faked Freddie's death to that level?".

Didn't expect Jack to be in on it, too...

So, when and how did Will convince Jack of his plan?

Do the forensic guys know, too, or did Jack switch the dental records without them knowing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'm thinking switched records, they're not important enough characters to have been brought into the loop.