Corrie e-petition

Markyboy79Markyboy79 Posts: 136
Forum Member
Is it possible any one who is technically minded creating some sort of e-petition that we can all sign to send to Granada to remove Blackburn. The episodes tonight were just appalling, and now it seems that he has destroyed the only thing that was keeping Corrie afloat - Sally and Tim. I know people will say 'first world problems' 'it's only a tv show' etc, but many of us have religiously watched it from the very beginning, invested time over many years in the characters and care passionately about the show. It should be the programme we all look forward to watching after a hard days work, it as now become a chore to watch.
Blackburn must go, and replaced with someone who knows the show inside and out and can create the must watch programme it has been for the last 54 years.

Comments

• lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markyboy79 wrote: »
    Is it possible any one who is technically minded creating some sort of e-petition that we can all sign to send to Granada to remove Blackburn. The episodes tonight were just appalling, and now it seems that he has destroyed the only thing that was keeping Corrie afloat - Sally and Tim. I know people will say 'first world problems' 'it's only a tv show' etc, but many of us have religiously watched it from the very beginning, invested time over many years in the characters and care passionately about the show. It should be the programme we all look forward to watching after a hard days work, it as now become a chore to watch.
    Blackburn must go, and replaced with someone who knows the show inside and out and can create the must watch programme it has been for the last 54 years.

I think ITV are just blind. They probably think because the show attracts 8 million viewers that Blackburn is doing a great job and everyone is enjoying his stories. Well thats just not the case.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    The last thing that the producers of any programme should do is listen to fans.

They should make the programme as they think it should be made and let the viewing figures speak for themselves.

If Coronation Street's viewing figures take a dive ITV will make changes.

However don't expect mass axing of characters.

History has shown that most of the main long term characters usually stay.

Also the idea that any soap can get back to the strength and popularity of the past is delusional.

It will not happen. Television viewing habits have changed.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    I think ITV are just blind. They probably think because the show attracts 8 million viewers that Blackburn is doing a great job and everyone is enjoying his stories. Well thats just not the case.

The problem is that the TV viewing public want different things.

If the producers tried to go back to what Coronation Street was in the past there would be a section of the audience complaining that the show was too boring.

On the other hand if they move to turn the series more gritty there would be another section of the audience that would be complaining that it is too sensationalist.

The producers have a difficult job balancing the wishes of all the different demographics.

At the moment while some may stop watching there will be others who may start watching.

That is the nature of modern TV.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Shut the front door! :o

I haven't watched tonight's episodes yet but whaaaat? He's split Tally up? :o>:(

Blackburn! >:( *shakes fist angrily*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tally lol.

Tally is way better than Sim, Mel lol.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tally :D:D I like that, I love Tim .. Kevin can stay in Germany for all I care.

Start a petition and I,ll sign https://www.change.org/en-GB/guides/start-your-online-petition
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top one I just created
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are being over-dramatic, and the view that Corrie has been excellent until Blackburn started is just laughable to be honest.

You may or may not like the stories at are on at the moment, but that doesn't mean you need to start a petition calling for the axing of the producer. Especially when said producer has already got a exciting spring/summer laid out.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For 53 years our family enjoyed this light entertainment, we were loyal viewers. Now we, and many others, have switched off. It is unwatchable under the direction of Stuart Blackburn. His arrogance, in demading that we should watch what he considers to be family entertainment, rather than what millions of viewers want, is beyond belief.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings.

What you've done is taken one of the highest winter rating from this year (ratings for most shows are generally higher in winter) and compared it with a low spring rating. Not really a fair comparison.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just turn it off. If plenty people do maybe someone will notice a ratings dive. I've turned off - it's dire. The constant Maddeh and Sawfeh behaving like pathetic, screeching children and well as Peter being addicted to Tina's orange nakedness was too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd sign an e-petition to remove Fiz.

I'd have to tell her beforehand of my intention though, otherwise she'd have the real hump.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For 53 years our family enjoyed this light entertainment, we were loyal viewers. Now we, and many others, have switched off. It is unwatchable under the direction of Stuart Blackburn. His arrogance, in demading that we should watch what he considers to be family entertainment, rather than what millions of viewers want, is beyond belief.

If he considers Peter banging Tina six ways from Sunday, Sawphie with that disgusting flea-ridden bed-bug harbouring tramp, the Michelin man serving people naked, and non stop screeching, arguing, misery, bed hopping and infidelity as 'family entertainment' he's even more deluded than first appears:o
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he considers Peter banging Tina six ways from Sunday, Sawphie with that disgusting flea-ridden bed-bug harbouring tramp, the Michelin man serving people naked, and non stop screeching, arguing, misery, bed hopping and infidelity as 'family entertainment' he's even more deluded than first appears:o

:D:D:D I love your posts CollieWobbles
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What fresh Hell is this...?