Ex been in touch

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had a bad relationship with someone who left me in a bad way, 2 weeks ago almost a year since we broke up i got a text out of the blue. Considering we both changed numbers someone did their homework to get my new one! Think he wants to meet, i ignored the text, but stupidly kept the number, now all i can see are stupid immature whatsapp statuses about how bad their life is and how they going to end it all. Its making me feel absolutely awful as even though i dont love them anymore i still dont want someone i loved being that way as it hurts me to read that - if that makes sense? I will always care for him, but i moved on with my life and met someone else now. Dont know what to do, delete and forget?

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    delete and forget?

You've answered your own question ..
  • julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete and forget

you said it first
    You must be curious but if you were left in a bad way do not return for more
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete and forget. If you have the facility on your mobile, block the number as well, that way he can't contact you.

Its always hard when an ex gets back in touch but you said it yourself you have moved on. If you keep his number and see the statuses you are being dragged back into his world.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, ive done it! Not my problem anymore, even though i feel a bit selfish, should have treated me better, their loss lol
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    Thank you, ive done it! Not my problem anymore, even though i feel a bit selfish, should have treated me better, their loss lol

Every dog has its day and you my love have just had yours. :D
  • benjammin316benjammin316 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Should have met up with him, he may have really needed you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope, I'm pretty sure the OP has done the exact right thing.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you've been given some good advice here - just move on. Those thoughts you have about getting in touch are just your ego talking; of course it's flattering to think your ex still thinks about you but many a mistake has stemmed from listening to your vanity. Good luck :)
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you have done the right thing. If he is in such a bad way, he has put it out there, someone closer to him like a parent of sibling will surely pick up on it and take care of him. If you had got in touch with him it sounds like he would have emotionally blackmailed you into looking after him. You're better off out of it.
  • SmufterSmufter Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The decision she made gets better and better
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've done the right thing. You're not responsible for someone for the rest of their lives just because you were once in a relationship with them.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would change my number and tell all who know it not to give him it.

The warning signs for me where his bad life, there is a tiny chance he might start blaming you for lt when his emotional blackmail fails.

A ex mate went down that route on me giving me years of vile harassment ending in a prison sentence they now have moved to flat complex after the restrain g order expired.

Remember 101 could give you advice or pop round to see the guy to issue a letter saying stop contacting you..not that it seems you need to, its just a bit of lnfo like wise to pull any twitter accounts for now.