Daily star reporting Cowells Quit.

Comments

• AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doubtful but hopeful. I'm getting fed up Simon now, he tried so hard to turn BGT into The X-Factor this year.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    If Simon leaves why not get four brand new judges?

Ronan keating
    Dawn french
    samantha womack
    James jordan

it be nice to have a panel that caters for all acts
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read the article. No where does it say he is leaving, Just Alesha is worried IF he does ever leave.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Ronan keating
    Dawn french
    samantha womack
    James jordan

I love Sam Womack on EastEnders!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just read the article. No where does it say he is leaving, Just Alesha is worried IF he does ever leave.

http://vigo.dailystar-uk.co.uk/showbiz-tv/britain-s-got-talent/382759/EXCLUSIVE-Alesha-Dixon-fears-that-Simon-Cowell-will-quit-Britain-s-Got-Talent

I think Simon knew it was coming out though, hence his comment to Stephen.

I think the show would be better if he did leave to be honest but there we go. It's just Alesha's 'fears' there.
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    http://vigo.dailystar-uk.co.uk/showbiz-tv/britain-s-got-talent/382759/EXCLUSIVE-Alesha-Dixon-fears-that-Simon-Cowell-will-quit-Britain-s-Got-Talent

I think Simon knew it was coming out though, hence his comment to Stephen.

I think the show would be better if he did leave to be honest but there we go. It's just Alesha's 'fears' there.

Simon has made a few comments about Stephen saying he has changed since he has moved to catchphrase on main channel so maybe the producers think he is to big for the itv 2 show now, and also Simon says that he might shake up the judging panel next year so anything could happen :)
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Daily star clearly not knowing what to put on the front page..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    it's the daily star .. that bastion of "truth" and integrity ..

wait for something official

Never believe anything you read in Daily Star!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Its front page saying he's quit BGT.

I think Cowell gets too emotionally involved with the contestants - takes to somebody and goes all out to make that person win! He put Lucy Kay right at the end be>:(cause he wanted her or Collabro to win. Does he think we are all thick as pigmuck?
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    The show would be much better without him, same with the X Factor.

He only seems to appeal to dimwits who follow every single crappy artist he inflicts on the music industry and us people who like real music.

Tried that on both shows, and it DIDN'T work and viewers flocked. Know your facts.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weird thing is the show probably needs Simon Cowell!. Look at how The X Factor went to seed once he left (hence why he has returned).

BGT did try it without Cowell, more so in the auditions, but it never worked. If he has quit then i would say that its going to have a bad effect on the show as a whole.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Its front page saying he's quit BGT.

Of course. Job done. He came in to see a boy band win and now he has accomplished with success Operation Boy Band, part of which was making BGT a spin-off of the X Factor, he can now bugger off back to the X Factor and create yet more singers to flood the entertainment market with which only copies another already on the market, whilst the other industries under the variety umbrella like impressionism, illusion, and ventriloquism suffer through lack of numbers.
    I'm doubtful but hopeful. I'm getting fed up Simon now, he tried so hard to turn BGT into The X-Factor this year.

Exactly. Well said. Never mind the winners. The other two in the top three are all singers as well. In fact you have to look down to 5th place before you find someone who didn't sing. All five acts which sung managed to finish in the top 6 with only Darcy coming in the top 6 who isn't singer. Once you get from 7th onward it is a mish-mash of the other acts.
    The weird thing is the show probably needs Simon Cowell!. Look at how The X Factor went to seed once he left (hence why he has returned).

BGT did try it without Cowell, more so in the auditions, but it never worked. If he has quit then i would say that its going to have a bad effect on the show as a whole.

The singers would still do well though. A singer has won BGT before when Simon wasn't on the panel. We need to do something FAST to ensure someone like an impressionist (someone other than a group in performance dance or a singer) wins BGT.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »
    Of course. Job done. He came in to see a boy band win and now he has accomplished with success Operation Boy Band, part of which was making BGT a spin-off of the X Factor, he can now bugger off back to the X Factor and create yet more singers to flood the entertainment market with which only copies another already on the market, whilst the other industries under the variety umbrella like impressionism, illusion, and ventriloquism suffer through lack of numbers.

Exactly. Well said. Never mind the winners. The other two in the top three are all singers as well. In fact you have to look down to 5th place before you find someone who didn't sing. All five acts which sung managed to finish in the top 6 with only Darcy coming in the top 6 who isn't singer. Once you get from 7th onward it is a mish-mash of the other acts.

The singers would still do well though. A singer has won BGT before when Simon wasn't on the panel. We need to do something FAST to ensure someone like an impressionist (someone other than a group in performance dance or a singer) wins BGT.

Simon has always been on the panel but in 2011 on did the live shows
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what you mean, Oathy?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried that on both shows, and it DIDN'T work and viewers flocked. Know your facts.

Actually series 5 had a higher average of viewers than series 6, I think you need to get your facts right ;)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think they should keep Simon but replace the other 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    He wanted to quit in 2011 but they wouldn't let him so he only did the live shows. I'm sure his contract is for one show or the other, so with him being on X Factor, he doesn't need to be on BGT.

His heart wasn't in it this year and over the last few years he's missed a fair few of the auditions. David, Alesha and Amanda would be fine to take the show forward anyway, the auditions with just the three of them worked fine.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of him

Just look at his reaction when Attraction won last year. The utter disgust that a non-singing act had won was clear for all to see. To him, BGT is the X-Factor with a bit of street dancing, dancing dogs, lame magicians and a few oddballs thrown in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually series 5 had a higher average of viewers than series 6, I think you need to get your facts right ;)

Series 4 had a series average of 11.05million. Series 5 had an average of 9.51million viewers. So that means they lost 1.54million viewers from the previous year. So yes, I was right. Viewers flocked without Simon being on the auditions. It doesn't matter how you wrap it up or whether those viewers returned. The point is, the show went down in ratings. Know your facts right ;)
  • ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Ronan keating
    Dawn french
    samantha womack
    James jordan

I would LOVE to see Dawn French as a judge, she is so sweet and I find her hilarious.
  • camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 4 had a series average of 11.05million. Series 5 had an average of 9.51million viewers. So that means they lost 1.54million viewers from the previous year. So yes, I was right. Viewers flocked without Simon being on the auditions. It doesn't matter how you wrap it up or whether those viewers returned. The point is, the show went down in ratings. Know your facts right ;)

Actually going on the total amount of viewers, Series 4 had an average of 11.05 Million, Series 5 had an average of 10.40 million and Series 6 had an average of 10.07 Million
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough I didn't think like that, but he didn't seem to save it did he ;) and I the ratings are still good people are seriously over reacting, I doubt they'd lose many if he left next year it could just be that talent shows are getting stale I mean if a The Voice is considered a success with. 6-7 million then Simon's propaganda machine is safe, for now
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Thinking about it - David tweeted saying it was the last time he was going to see Simon (obviously over-dramatic but saying goodbye all the same) and Simon said thank you to Stephen Mulhern for all the work he did on More Talent but all things must come to an end. In both cases, people - me included - assumed that meant David and Stephen were leaving but actually it was Simon's goodbye.

The more I think about it the more I think The Daily Star have got it right. Simon's leaving the show.

Simon thanks Stephen every year on ITV2 so thats nothing new just as he thanks Ant and Dec and the production crew at the end of the live final on ITV . As for Davids tweet, that was a toungue in cheek in response to Simon saying he may shake up the judging panel for next year

Every year its the same just after the final the papers start on about shake ups and who has been sacked etc etc
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its he Daily Star they struggle to tell the truth about the date!

A journalist I follow on Twitter has tweeted "Simon has said he isnt leaving"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    Actually going on the total amount of viewers, Series 4 had an average of 11.05 Million, Series 5 had an average of 10.40 million and Series 6 had an average of 10.07 Million

Where did you get those figures from Camy?
    Fair enough I didn't think like that, but he didn't seem to save it did he ;) and I the ratings are still good people are seriously over reacting, I doubt they'd lose many if he left next year it could just be that talent shows are getting stale I mean if a The Voice is considered a success with. 6-7 million then Simon's propaganda machine is safe, for now

I suppose you were thinking like me, but I went back a series previous. Maybe the viewers slid from series 4 slowly. To be fair, it could be down to a variety of reasons, but I seem to remember back when he wasn't on it, for me the dynamic changed completely - and having 5 judges for the live shows was beyond ridiculous. I think people are getting bored of them, I agree. He should rest BGT next year, and also rest XF next year. And The Voice... Where do I start :D