Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what is apparently an extract of the script for the second episode, supposedly titled 'Into The Dalek': http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/board/nest/231808930

Big pinch of salt, but thought it was still worth posting! It also rules out the voice being Davros in the trailer.

Fake, there is no explanation for the Human voice turning into a Dalek voice. Also there are two exclamation marks appearing after one word multiple times(unless Tom Wolfe is writing that part of the episode). If Phil Ford did decide to use multiple exclamation marks then there is only one after Dalek and other words so it is not consistent. It is more likely that this was written by a female.
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    It is more likely that this was written by a female.

OK, I'll bite...how so??
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite...how so??

Females are more likely to use multiple exclamation marks.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    You ask a silly question, you get a silly answer. I like to keep it straightforward. Besides, I thought everyone knew I was a PR officer.

There should be a new title sequence which our good, humble friend NeonVisual can't moan about.

If you're in PR be more professional with your language and comments. Ta
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joe_000 wrote: »
    If you're in PR be more professional with your language and comments. Ta

Oh dear :) Don't believe everything you read.

Back on the spoilers front, we can expect to see the Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere throughout the series, apparently. Also:
    The arc for this series is Heaven/The Promised Land/The Nethersphere. It's in pretty much every episode in some form or another. From what I know, a fair few of the baddies' reasons for being baddies is their desire to get to this amazing place.

-Timeboy

Apparently secondary characters that die throughout the series will be seen to re-awaken in the Nethersphere.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, I just had to !!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two of the most reliable spoilerhounds have returned to their posts - so there may yet be more to come.
    The impression I'm getting is that this is linked to Gallifrey in some way, but that's just my take on it. The Nethersphere isn't really Heaven, since this is Doctor Who, and not Songs of Praise. Characters try to get there through various means throughout the series, including the Sheriff of Nottingham and that creepy clockwork guy (who, incidentally, is definitely not Jack the Ripper). But people do die throughout the series (minor characters, as in lots of episodes) and it provides a nice way into the arc that doesn't directly affect the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too late to edit, so doubling up:
    I know people are expecting a "dark Doctor", but take what you imagine he'll be like meanness-wise and times it by ten. Twelve is really, really nasty. He isn't just horrible in a clumsy, social-awkwardness kind of way, there's malice there too. He's definitely a grumpy old man. Which is great, although I do think they are playing with fire making him too nasty to try and break away from Eleven's era. It's honestly like Malcolm Tucker without the swearing. I think his personality will be pretty divisive on here and with casual viewers.
    [early Hartnell vibe] is EXACTLY that!

:o Sounds like the ship of 11 critics has come in. Remember that he was still described as one of the funniest, too. This is still The Doctor that engages in a spoon fight.
    Capaldi's portrayal is absolutely majestic

Finally, the Doctor and guest cast explore the inner thoughts of a Dalek. Just a Dalek. Not Davros.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fits the BBC America timeslot :)

& Into The Dalek fits Phil Ford's "behind enemy lines" teaser.

Also, explains the missing episode. We would only be missing 10 minutes from a 13-episode run, assuming nothing is added to the finale.

It would be good if more time is added to the final episodes like 10 on each or 15 on the last one or something. BTW 2 x 45 = 90 which if you take off the 75 that ep 1 will be its 15 min shorter! so I really would like to see the final as a 60 min ep at the very least, then we wont feel short changed over it being 12 eps instead of 13!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know at what part of the chain I failed basic maths - but it's good news all the same :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too late to edit, so doubling up:

:o Sounds like the ship of 11 critics has come in. Remember that he was still described as one of the funniest, too. This is still The Doctor that engages in a spoon fight.

Finally, the Doctor and guest cast explore the inner thoughts of a Dalek. Just a Dalek. Not Davros.

Dont apologise for doubling up instead of editing I do that a lot and no one seems to mind!

regaring 12 being like Hartnall this really will be interesting to see, I am keeping a fully open mind as I dont know what to expect with it though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know at what part of the chain I failed basic maths - but it's good news all the same :D

no worries;-), I just dont feel like being short changed on content that they broadcast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beep boop
    He's a great Doctor, don't get me wrong. But he will do stuff that will really shock people. From serious things like killing or injuring, to less serious things like sneering at a child to "get lost" for asking him a question. Robots of Sherwood is the comedy romp and he hates every minute of it. I remember at the filming, the running joke in all of the scenes was his annoyance at Robin and the Merry Men bawling with laughter at small things. At one point The Doctor says something like "why do you lot keep laughing like that? Are you a bit simple or something?". The running theme seems to be the withering put-down, and there are an abundance of those. Whereas Matt's Doctor would be childish funny, Peter's will be grown-up funny.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's what is apparently an extract of the script for the second episode, supposedly titled 'Into The Dalek': http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/board/nest/231808930

Big pinch of salt, but thought it was still worth posting! It also rules out the voice being Davros in the trailer.

Same guy also posted what seems to be the opening scene of Ep 1 and says he actually has the scripts to the first five episodes.
    I managed to collect the first five episodes of the scripts, I don't know if there are more. They look legit, complete with do not distribute and a name that is associated with Doctor Who post production. I can send them to you if you give me an email, but they are obviously spoilers if real. I obtained them before the spot about the Dalek talking about the Doctor's soul appeared. Mighty strange if someone were able to guess that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think even i would have to draw the line at reading the entire script :D

No mention of any River appearances in Series 8, though she herself may be mentioned.

Apparently The Doctor doesn't approve of Danny's past.

Capaldi refuses to remove his wedding ring for most parts, so has been given a second to add to it. Nothing important.
    The best way I'm able to put it, going on what I know, is that we're used to the Doc doing all he can to save all he can. Twelve isn't afraid to accept the realities of not being able to save everyone. Eleven sat for centuries to protect a town of strangers, Twelve would turn his back on his companion without a thought. Apparently it lessens as the series progresses.

He's impatient, thoughtless, provocative, calculating, somewhat spiteful, dismissive and argumentative.

Yet he's still 100% The Doctor.

100% Rebel Kick-Up-The-Arse Time Lord.

Good night. Don't have nightmares.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay there's 'tougher' and there's 'unlikeable' and it's a fine line to tread. If it's a plot about him becoming a better, kinder man throughout the series then fine. The risk is if you have a main character you don't really like in a show like this then the casual audience (which is the bulk of the viewers) lose investment and lose interest which no one wants!

The bond between the Doctor and his companion has been key in the revived series and having the idea that he'd abandon them at the drop of the hat would be a big risk to take with the audience.

A character absolutely doesn't have to be 'nice' for audience to like them (the Doctor never has been 'nice') but they need to have something that gets you on their side. I suspect though those posters are playing up his grumpy characteristics rather than those being his defining ones. I don't see Moffat being stupid enough to create a Doctor we actively dislike. I can imagine it's more along the lines of his experiences on Trenzalore have made him very, very bitter and his story throughout the series is him become the man we know again. It also makes sense as regards to why Clara would stay with him - if he's become such a git as described here I couldn't see her wanting anything to do with him any more. It'll likely be along the lines of she knows he's still a better man underneath all that and she's trying to help him yet again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect he'll just be a mix of Early 1, Post Time-War 9 & flashes of 10/11's not-so-happy-go-lucky side (e.g. Runaway Bride / Family of Blood / Waters of Mars / Beast Below / GMGTW / Dinosaurs).

The Doctor injuring and killing aren't new, so long as the punishment fits the crime. I too imagine that they just want to big up 12 in the same way Moffat and the teasers have.

He'll still have his moral compass. But I'm rather glad to see that after 1000 years on Trenzalore, he isn't the same man. I like this:
    The Doctor does bad things to achieve good results. He uses this fury and presence that is created through his questionable yet victorious actions as a platform to create a reputation for himself and having more influence in the universe to do good – but has been in the past aware of when to tighten the reigns. He is a man that is, as ever, a mystery – not always what he seems at first, and if anything unpredictable in his actions. Where he struggles in controlling the fury of the Time Lord within in his darkest moments, he excels in continuing to exhibit a way of living that we could all learn from in his greatest. A way of forgiveness, courage, modesty and determination. A way of anger, manipulation, fury and secrecy. The way of the good and terrible Doctor.

URL="http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/is-the-doctor-a-good-man-64231.htm"]Source[/URL

Somebody mentioned something along the lines of the Sixth Doctor: Handled 1000x better. Even Malcolm Tucker had a caring side with Sam. I guess now he has Clara :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely concerns me that you've got several people saying 'they may have gone too far' and they were shocked at how nasty he was. As though Moffat got a bit OTT with this and mistook 'darker' for 'nasty'. A darker, more bitter Doctor damaged by Trenzalore makes sense and is interesting. Some of these reports do just make him sound like an a*sehole though. Let's try not to turn everyone off the main character! He doesn't have to be a fluffy bunny but the audience does have to like him.

Capaldi is a good actor and I don't want to spend his entire run just thinking 'oh fall down a pit and regenerate already you horrible, miserable b*stard!' :D

Character work isn't Moffat's strong point and I'm not convinced he has the subtle skills required to pull something like this off. I'm hoping however that Peter and Jenna in support have the ability to make good of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess we'll have a good idea in one month's time! Went back to see what I missed.
    He's capable. He's proactive. He's very funny: witty, not silly. He's fiercely protective of us. He's the Doctor. I'm not sure what more I can say.
    Don't get bogged down with "dark"... It's not that, well, black and white.
    Of course there's a deep friendship! She's been with him for ages! It takes her a while, but this is still the Doctor she knows. There's just a quiet dumping of baggage, a clearing of the air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear things with Clara seem intact still. The phone call undoubtedly helps there. Considering she's so closely linked with him now, was the one who stopped him destroying Gallifrey AND talked the Time Lords into giving him new lives he owes her a bit of respect :D

I hope the pictures with the small TARDIS lead to an episode whereby he gets a bit humiliated. Sounds like he could do with it!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like we are getting exactly the Doctor we need. And about time to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unhappy? Uncaring? Unlikeable? Lacking love for the universe??? God, no!

But occasionally nasty, abrasive, tetchy, impatient, doesn't-suffer-fools-gladly, bad tempered, aggressive when pressed? Sure!

As ever :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It definitely concerns me that you've got several people saying 'they may have gone too far' and they were shocked at how nasty he was. As though Moffat got a bit OTT with this and mistook 'darker' for 'nasty'. A darker, more bitter Doctor damaged by Trenzalore makes sense and is interesting. Some of these reports do just make him sound like an a*sehole though. Let's try not to turn everyone off the main character! He doesn't have to be a fluffy bunny but the audience does have to like him.

Capaldi is a good actor and I don't want to spend his entire run just thinking 'oh fall down a pit and regenerate already you horrible, miserable b*stard!' :D

Character work isn't Moffat's strong point and I'm not convinced he has the subtle skills required to pull something like this off. I'm hoping however that Peter and Jenna in support have the ability to make good of it.

I agree with this. Especially the BIB :D
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like we are getting exactly the Doctor we need. And about time to.

It'll only work if the general casual viewer likes him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get speculating
    Episode One is almost a sequel (stand-alone side-along?) to Girl In The Fireplace.
    Episode Four deals specifically with the Doctor's past, as well as the pasts of his companion(s?). They filmed scenes in a location used in Day of the Doctor (and use it as the SAME place, in-story). It's going to be an odd one - dreamlike! I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.