Historical sexual antics

highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering what sexual activity was like in this part of the world in the past (western europe) e.g. centuries ago during medieval times.

Would there have been many sex acts like blowjobs between the young people, I ask because I often go for walks in forests and often wonder if there was any goings on like this in the forests centuries ago.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    This week's sex thread I presume.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Were there blowjobs in days of yore?...

yep, typical DS...
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for the faint-hearted ... The obese Edward VII commissioned a "sex chair" which not only allowed him to copulate more easily, but allowed a third (or fourth) poor woman to join in! He also apparently bathed in champagne with the prostitutes of his choice.

http://peterdickinson.hubpages.com/hub/Edward-VII-Love-Chair
  • MinkyJoeMinkyJoe Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexual intercourse began
    In nineteen sixty-three
    (which was rather late for me) --
    Between the end of the "Chatterley" ban
    And the Beatles' first LP.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I was wondering what sexual activity was like in this part of the world in the past (western europe) e.g. centuries ago during medieval times.

Would there have been many sex acts like blowjobs between the young people, I ask because I often go for walks in forests and often wonder if there was any goings on like this in the forests centuries ago.

Yes of course they were... that's why the Church at the time banned such things. Oral sex was punishable by imprisonment.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Ah, the Friday sex threads return!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the diseases, lack of washing, and lack of medication I doubt people would be too keen to go down anywhere a few hundred years ago. Romans probably did but they liked to keep clean as we know.
  • NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member

Until the hippies in the 60's, when everything went downhill the only time anyone ever copulated was with their husband/wife soley for the purpose of creating new people.

Alternatively things haven't really changed much since time immemorial, about the only thing that has changed is that we talk about it more (again, iirc it was Victorian era and the puritans that basically hid the idea of sex the most), people are far more informed about it, and there are actually laws and enforcement to protect the vulnerable.

People go on about child abuse now as if it is a new thing for example, it isn't it's just that we now take action about it (some of the earliest laws in the UK to do with sex were specifically because of the abuse of very young girls), and an awful lot of people forget when they talk of Islam being bad because of the reported age of a bride nearly 2k years ago, that just 3-400 years ago our own ancestors were getting married and having kids in their early teens (and nobles betrothed sometimes virtually from birth).

Odd fact, apparently whilst homosexuality in men was a major offense, at one point it was thought there was no such thing in women.

Human nature hasn't really changed much in however many thousands of years, about the only thing that has changed is the public awareness, and the ability for people to travel - the old one about the car in America giving young couples a chance to do things is a great example (although in older times the chances are couples would have sneaked away into the woods).
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinkyJoe wrote: »
    Sexual intercourse began
    In nineteen sixty-three
    (which was rather late for me) --
    Between the end of the "Chatterley" ban
    And the Beatles' first LP.

Sex means nothing--just the moment of ecstasy, that flares and dies in minutes.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member

Wow, deep...

(that's what she said)...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, deep...

(that's what she said)...

Old Larkin would have been proud - he was a bit of a perv:p
  • highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seconds actually, there can be a major decrease in hornyness after the first squirt of ejaculation sometimes, feels abit like an exorcism when you think of it.
    Forum Member
    Seconds actually, there can be a major decrease in hornyness after the first squirt of ejaculation sometimes, feels abit like an exorcism when you think of it.

I can't say I've ever thought it feels like an exorcism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I can't say I've ever thought it feels like an exorcism.

I mean how you turn from being a man of lust to a man free from sexual desires, a bit like releasing an evil spirit from you
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    I mean how you turn from being a man of lust to a man free from sexual desires, a bit like releasing an evil spirit from you

That seems to assume that you feel that sexual desire is evil, or at least equate it.

I do kind of see what you mean, but I wouldn't have worded it like that.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a myth that the 60s were a sexual revolution for everyone. It was a revolution for the middle and upper classes because it was a largely university led movement, but very little changed for the working class as they were already doing pretty much everything we do today and have been since time immemorial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    That seems to assume that you feel that sexual desire is evil, or at least equate it.

I do kind of see what you mean, but I wouldn't have worded it like that.

I believe it is evil, I also believe that God has caused men like myself to have higher sex drives in order to torture us and to test us to see if we are worthy of the after life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Lord has tested us to salvation and that which he bestows shall bring pleasure onto others. Praise.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What - the head swivels through 360 degrees???

Oooooh painful!!! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    It's a bit of a myth that the 60s were a sexual revolution for everyone. It was a revolution for the middle and upper classes because it was a largely university led movement, but very little changed for the working class as they were already doing pretty much everything we do today and have been since time immemorial.

In my case it wasn't. My sex life in the 60s was brilliant and I wasn't middle or upper class.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    I believe it is evil, I also believe that God has caused men like myself to have higher sex drives in order to torture us and to test us to see if we are worthy of the after life.

Ermm, ok then......
    Do you not think that you may have failed the test then with your wandering round woods thinking about sexual activity that may have taken place there?
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the Middle Ages but Boswell's London journal has quite a bit of sex in it. He even had a prostitute on a bridge one night. However, in those days it was dark everywhere because of no street lights.

For Victorian times some guy wrote a massive journal which is all about sex and nothing else. It was banned but used to be available on line at one time, so someone told me, and edited editions are in print.

I can also remember a story from Victorian times about some do gooder in slum areas who came across two young kids having sex on a stairway and pulled them apart, only to be told by the boy that there were dozens of them at it up there so why pick on them.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't oral sex seen as unnatural and perverted as recently as the 1920s?

Not sure about previous centuries but considering the fact they didn't have the same level of hygiene that we have today, I doubt it would have been a pleasant experience for anyone performing oral sex! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ermm, ok then......
    Do you not think that you may have failed the test then with your wandering round woods thinking about sexual activity that may have taken place there?

No I walk in forests as I find them a relaxing place especially with Celtic Folk Metal and Viking Metal music in my ears, it gives me a buzz.

It is better to have thoughts about sex than to indulge in the antics.