Options

Sky bb and line

Im moving to sky for my calls and broadband, will there be any difference to the service I get? Always had bt and not really sure how it works.

Thanks daz

Comments

• Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazpot wrote: »
    Im moving to sky for my calls and broadband, will there be any difference to the service I get? Always had bt and not really sure how it works.

Thanks daz

I think they will disconnect your current line at the exchange and connect it to the sky equipment. You may notice the line sounds different as I did when changing from Post Office to Tesco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks daz

Well, Sky doubled my ping and that was about it. I cancelled within the 30 days because there was also a billing problem. The online Asian operators are useless, some of the UK staff try, but the product can't live up to the billing.
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member

Thanks daz

I have had Sky Broadband and Line for over six months and in my experience it's excellent. Rock solid 11mb which is never throttled, excellent CS and the phone deal is perfect for us as we make many overseas calls which are included.

Unlike with when I had BT Total Broadband (which was also very good) the speed dosen't fluctuate even at peak times, and of course it's much cheaper but I totally accept everybody may have a different experience.