Rank the celebs in terms of how famous they are in accordance to you

Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With 1 being most famous.

1. Dustin - Know of him from Saved by the Bell and saw him on Celebrity Championship Wrestling.
2. Carol - Know she was a presenter on Loose Women.
3. Louie - Seen him on various panel shows.
4. Ron - Know of him as a football pundit.
5. Abz - Know he is from boyband, Five.
6. Lauren - Remember seeing him on TV when he was an antiques expert and on the various CBB spin off shows.
7. Sophie - Know that she has been on several reality shows
8. Bruce - Know he is from Coronation Street.
9. Vicky - Know she is from Coronation Street.
10 - 13 Danielle, Mario, Charlotte, Courtney - Who?

Comments

• An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    With 1 being most famous.

1. Ron - Been around as long as I can remember
    2. Carol - Used to watch Loose Women sometimes and vaguely remember her from something before that but can't remember what.
    3. Louie - I watched some of Pineapple Studios
    4. Bruce - Know he is from Coronation Street. (Never watch)
    5. Vicky - Know she is from Coronation Street. (never watch)
    6. Lauren - Clips of him on TV when he was an antiques expert and watched a programme about her more recently.
    7. Sophie - Vaguely knew the name but that's about it.

Never heard of any of the others.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ron - I'm a football fan so known of him for years
    2. Vicky Corrie watcher
    3. Bruce - Corrie watcher
    4. Carol - Seen her on Loose Women
    5, Lauren - BBBOTS - and remember her when she was a little boy
    6. Louie - Heard of him and seen him before because of his "outrageousness"
    7. Sophie - think she might have been in the jungle?
    8- 13 Had never heard of Charlotte, Courtney, Danielle, Mario, Dustin or Abz
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dustin - watched SBTB all the time as a child/teenager
    Charlotte - avid Geordie Shore watcher
    Mario - same goes for TOWIE
    Abz - second-favourite member of very popular/successful boyband when I was younger
    Louie - watched Pineapple Dance Studios, enjoy his appearances on other TV shows
    Bruce / Vicky - always watched Coronation Street
    Carol - occasionally watch Loose Women
    Courtney - aware of her back-story and her marriage from media
    Lauren - aware of her back-story and past appearances on BOTS
    Sophie - aware of her drug problems and other appearances on reality shows, eg. I'm A Celeb
    Ron - knew he was a football manager and sacked as a pundit for racist comment(s) but wouldn't have recognised him in the street
    Danielle - only HM I had never previously heard of, never even heard of Dublin Wives
  • Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ron
    Bruce
    Vicky
    Abz
    Carol
    Charlotte
    Dustin
    Sophie
    Lauren
    Mario
    Danielle
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Bruce
    Carol
    Lauren
    Louie
    Ron
    Vicky
    No idea about the others.....
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    1-2. Vicky & Bruce - instantly recognize them from Corrie (from when I was a keen soap watcher) even knowing both their characters full names and both their real full names too.
    3. Dustin - loved Saved By The Bell all those years ago, also know of his appearance on US Celeb Fit Club.
    4. Abz - never a fan of Five but they were around when I was a big fan of the pop charts.
    5. Carol - caught her on Loose Women a few times.
    6. Sophie - know her from her previous reality show appearances.
    7. Louie - know of him from Pineapple Dance Studios and Dancing on Ice (despite not watching either of them lol)
    8. Lauren - I know of her back story (though not really sure how) and of her appearances on BOTS.
    9. Mario - been forced to watch TOWIE a couple of times so knew who he was and know of his reputation.
    10. Ron - recognized him as a sports commentator, but I couldn't care less about football and struggled to get his name right.
    11. Charlotte - never seen a single second of Geordie Shore but I know of it.
    12. Danielle - I feel like I have heard the name Dublin Wives before but I knew nothing about it or who was in it.
    13. Courtney - still not quite sure who she is or what she does.
  • Rapunzal1977Rapunzal1977 Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Dustin - Know of him from Saved by the Bell - loved Screech
    2. Vicky & Bruce - Corry times.
    3. Ron - big time manager and pundit
    4. Abz - is a rubbish boyband who were terrible
    5. Carol - chris evans ex wife :) .
    6. Sophie - Wonderbra campaigns etc - model
    7. Charlotte - mad girl from Geordie Shore
    8. Mario - bland guy on TOWIE
    9. Lauren - Remember seeing him on TV when he was an antiques expert and on the various CBB spin off shows.

10 - 13 Danielle, Mario, Charlotte, Courtney - Who?
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol
    Bruce
    Vicky
    Ron
    Louie
    Lauren
    Mario
    Sophie

Never heard of Abz, Dustin, Charlotte, Courtney or Danielle before launch night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Most of you hadn't heard of Courtney, which means you probably don't read the Daily Mail...and specifically the sidebar of shame :p Not that I do, of course :o:o
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Dustin - loved Save By The Bell in the 90s!
    2) Bruce
    3) Vicky
    4) Ron
    5) Carol
    6) Louie
    7) Abs (or Abz as he's now known) - big boyband follower!
    8) Lauren
    9) Sophie
    10) Courtney
    11) Mario - vaguely recognise him
    12) Charlotte - heard of the show, but nobody on it
    13) Danielle - not heard of her or her show

Mario
    or Danielle before launch night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How familiar they are to me, rather than how famous I believe they are to the world:

Carol - Know her as Loose Women presenter and has been on BOTS (I think), so I've probably seen her more than any other, despite hating her show.
    Ron - Know him as football manager and pundit, though not for several years.
    Bruce - Les Battersby, although I don't really watch the show.
    Louie - Seen him on various shows. Not seen Pineapple Dance.
    Vicky - Janice Battersby.
    Abz - AKA Abzfromfive.
    Sophie - Remember her (I think) from tabloid newspapers and some TV appearances (I'm a Celeb?).
    Lauren - Don't remember her from when she was a kid, but seen her in interviews and several BOTS appearances.
    Dustin - Know of him from Saved by the Bell, so 15+ years ago.
    Charlotte - She was on a few episodes of BOTS last series (at least, I assume it was her). Heard of Geordie Shore, never watched.
    Courtney - Heard her name, assumed she was a model or actress
    Mario - Never watched TOWIE. His face looked vaguely familiar, from promos or other TV appearances, I guess.
    Danielle - Didn't know at all. Still keep forgetting her name.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screech - Probably recognised by the most people, globally.
    Ron - Say what you like about his recent cock ups, he's not famous for being famous, he's famous for his achievements. A genuine football legend.
    Carol - Chris Evans' ex and Loose Women (which I don't watch but, for some reason know most of the people on it.)
    Bruce - I was aware of Bruce and Vicky in Corrie but I don't watch it so they're little more than faces, but they seem to have been around forever so I guess they were big characters in it. Bruce I know a little more because of his part in Raining Stones.
    Vicky - See above.
    Lauren - Terry Wogan antiques expert and CBB hopeful for many years.
    Abz - From Five.
    Sophie - Wonderbra advert and I'm a Celebrity....... I wouldn't have recognised her if it weren't for the latter.
    Mario, Charlotte, Courtney and Danielle - Never heard of any of them.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    1. Louie - Seen quite a lot of him
    2. Sophie - Seen her on a few shows
    3. Lauren - seen a lot of her on BBOTs etc.
    4. Carol - I think I've seen her before, heard of the show
    5. Ron - Heard of him, don't know much about him
    6-10. Bruce, Vicky, Abz, Charlotte, Mario - heard of the show/group never heard of them
    11-13 Dustin, Danielle, Courtney - never heard of them or their show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of you hadn't heard of Courtney, which means you probably don't read the Daily Mail...and specifically the sidebar of shame :p Not that I do, of course :o:o

No, err... me neither :o
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think ron is the most famous ..we have to remember the man u brand is world famous ..and so are managers and ex managers ..and take into consideration ..he transends several generations too ..where the rest dont ..except maybe the battersby's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    i think ron is the most famous ..we have to remember the man u brand is world famous ..and so are managers and ex managers ..and take into consideration ..he transends several generations too ..where the rest dont ..except maybe the battersby's

In general terms, he may well be. He was so far down on my list, in regards to how well-known the HMs previously were to me, because I can't claim to know very much about football especially older managers or players. I'd heard of him, and his infamous comments, but if I passed him in the street I wouldn't have known who he was.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I don't watch or follow football. I have heard of Ron which is pretty amazing for me to know any footbal managers at all but I know nothing about him and wouldn't have known what he looked like before CBB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ron- honestly don't know what he's doing there. A genuine legend.
    Carol- shift work means that I have seen her hideous face, on her hideous show where she airs her hideous views.
    Louie-been shoved down our throat for the past couple of years. Hard to miss.
    Bruce- watched Corrie before. Ranked above Vicky because his personal life is more prominent.
    Vicky
    Dustin- everyone my age knows his character, but maybe not his real name.
    Abz- I kind of like 5ive, but I wouldn't have been able to link the name to the face.
    Lauren- gives me nightmares.
    Sophie- watched her in the jungle, been off the radar a bit since.
    Mario - heard the name.
    Courtney-Big fan of Lost and the Green Mile, so was aware of her when she was in the news.
    Charlotte- heard of the show, but it sounds disgusting, so never watched.
    Danielle-...my parents went to Dublin once??
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's difficult to pick the first one as several were instantly recognisable and I'm not a 'fan' of any of them.

1. Ron Because even I know both his face and name and I dont follow football and seems to have been around forever
    2. Carol from Loose women even though I long since stopped watching but knew her both her face and name.
    3. Louie from Dancing on Ice only but again knew from both the face and name
    4. Vicky because I used to watch Corrie years ago but might not have known her just from the name.
    5. Bruce for the same reason.
    6. Sophie just from the papers. Not sure if I could have put a name to the face though - or vice versa
    7. Lauren knew about her, recognised her face but didnt really know her name.
    8. Dustin from Saved By The Bell but wouldn't have recognised him as its such a long time ago.

Never heard of any of the others and I'm still having trouble putting the right name to the right face.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    1. Carol from Loose Women
    2&3. Vicky and Bruce from Corrie
    4. Charlotte from Geordie Shore
    5. Mario from Towie
    6. Louie from Dancing on Ice and I think some other shows but don't remember what?
    7. Dustin from Saved by the Bell
    8. Abz from 5
    9. Sophie Anderton from Love Island
    10. Lauren from appearing on BBBOTS
    11. Never heard of Ron before this but I appreciate he is famous so put him above the ones below.
    12-13. Courtney and Danielle - Never heard of any of them before.
  • TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    According to me you say? Well now...

1. Lauren - I've seen her on BOTS a lot and distantly remember her as James.

2. Carol - I've seen her on BOTS and am aware of Loose Women.

3. Sophie - I know her full name and remember the ad campaign from back then. Am dimly aware she's been on other reality shows I don't watch.

4. Louie - Seen him on trailers for something and I think he was a guest on Top Gear and I was in the room when someone else was watching Top Gear.

5. Ron - I don't follow football at all and don't know what team he managed, but I heard about his 'famous comment' and might have recognised his face.

6. Bruce - If asked to pick him out of a photo I might have said 'I think he's on Corrie'. Never heard his real name before. I've never watched a whole episode of Corrie.

7. Vicky - I now know she is/was on Corrie. I've heard of Corrie.

8. Charlotte - I've seen a trailer for Geordie Shore somewhere recently. Never heard of her.

9. Abz - I've heard of Five (or Fiveive). Didn't know the names of anyone in it although I think one of them was on NMTB(?).

10. Mario - I've heard of TOWIE.

11. Dustin - Never heard of him. Never heard of Saved by the Bell. Never heard of Celebrity Championship Wrestling (although I might watch that if drunk).

12. Danielle - apparently someone once locked her in a room with some women and just for a laugh told them they were being filmed for a TV show.

13. Courtney - I remember her husband's character from The Green Mile, and apparently he was the monstrous Tooms in the X-files. I'm disturbed that people know who she is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, having come to the series 4 days late, I have not managed to summon up the energy to catch up. It is just such a dull line-up from my point of view. Lauren I know of course from BOTS. I detest the habit of re-using other reality tv series characters, which seems to account for half of them. I have never watched Coronation Street. When you think that Ch 4 got people like Germaine Greer, Jack Dee, Mark Owen, Leo Sayer and Ken Russell you can see what a pile of horse poo we have now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, having come to the series 4 days late, I have not managed to summon up the energy to catch up. It is just such a dull line-up from my point of view. Lauren I know of course from BOTS. I detest the habit of re-using other reality tv series characters, which seems to account for half of them. I have never watched Coronation Street. When you think that Ch 4 got people like Germaine Greer, Jack Dee, Mark Owen, Leo Sayer and Ken Russell you can see what a pile of horse poo we have now.

And Traci Bingham, Jade Goodys mum, Faria Alam...
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Ron - know him as high-profile manager and pundit and general celeb
    2) Vicky and Bruce - because of Corrie
    4) Carol - I used to know someone who worked with her so have been aware of her because of that
    5) Louie - seen him briefly on various things and he's memorable
    6) Lauren - remember him as James and from the documentary and newspapers
    7) Sophie - as a model and from the Jungle
    Never heard of Abz, Charlotte, Dustin, Danielle, Mario, Courtney
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Dustin.... I'm American and the same age as Dustin. In fact, saved by the bell was filmed 1 mile from where I grew up.

2. Courtney...her wedding was big news In the states especially since she married an actor on Lost, Even though he was barely on lost.

3. Lauren. ... I remember her from BBots

4. Louie ... I've heard the name before

I I never heard of the others