• wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have some sort of source I assume?
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Confirmed on Sky Sports News.

Knew Ellis Short wouldn't be able to put up with him for long.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes confirmed just now.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSN reporting he's been sacked, he did his job last season to be fair but why allow him to sign so many players in the summer & only give him 5 games?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not too surprising. It was either going to be amazing or a disaster... and it was the latter. At least the board have come to the conclusion quickly rather than let it drag on.

Goodness know who'll want the job now.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Please tell me it's not fb/Twitter? '
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Clown.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Please tell me it's not fb/Twitter? '

official: http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/september/club-statement
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Looks like a player revolt had something to do with it, unsurprisingly.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed!
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    no surprise!

he would have lost that dressing room weeks ago.

His man management skills are a joke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clown sums the guy up, plus screw loose also.

Notice Di Matteo has been mentoned, i guess hes available.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knew this was coming - unfortunately he has upset a lot of players at Sunderland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send him to Hyde United or somewhere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you let him rebuild the whole squad, train them all summer under his new system but then sack him after 5 games, unreal.

This season is already a write off for them.
  • CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy TBH, at least give him to Christmas, sacking this early is madness and wont do the club any favours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot until they mentioned it on Sunday Supplement this morning, when he left Swindon, he broke back in the middle of the night, and took pictures of stuff.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    This is going to upset so many people, they were so hoping it would David Moyes to be sacked first this season.

I think his comments last night may have got himself sacked, by admitting the team hadn't gelled yet. Whilst not being your typical manager, one thing is for sure he got things right in his first job and was leading Swindon up the leagues.

Whilst I think it may be too early to sack someone, better to do it now I guess than leave it till Christmas where I can't recall a manager coming in and making a significant difference recently in the top flight
  • CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    This is going to upset so many people, they were so hoping it would David Moyes to be sacked first this season.

I think his comments last night may have got himself sacked, by admitting the team hadn't gelled yet. Whilst not being your typical manager, one thing is for sure he got things right in his first job and was leading Swindon up the leagues.

Whilst I think it may be too early to sack someone, better to do it now I guess than leave it till Christmas where I can't recall a manager coming in and making a significant difference recently in the top flight

To put into some perspective, Sunderland are only 6 points behind united! :D
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    So you let him rebuild the whole squad, train them all summer under his new system but then sack him after 5 games, unreal.

This season is already a write off for them.

It's unclear how much control he really had over transfers. But it seems the players really hated him.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    There was an article after interviewing Ji Dong Won in the S Korea news (he was led to tears after a huge bust up after he missed a chance against Arsenal I think) who said that at least a dozen players completely ignore him and anything he tries to implement in training they refuse to do.
    Don't think names were given but they said an English core was part of it too
    Will try and find link
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the journos kept saying that he did the job last year in keeping them up.. I can't be sure, but weren't they just outside the bottom three when he took over last season anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Sunderland player on Twitter has just tweeted LOL so looks like he may have lost the dressing room.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the reasons for his sacking is more than just bad results (and I believe it is, because of his man management of players) then sacking him now (even if they have only had 5 games) is the right decision.