Daniel Robinson- Refreshing..

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
Forum Member
✭✭
Daniel Robinson is an interesting character and quite refreshing - and he is played by an Actor who can actually act.

I like the fact that he is a bit of a hippy and that he has a bit of depth to him too...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am also liking him. Especially his scenes with Paul.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a well responded thread so far- I am guessing people on here who watch Neighbours don't have an opinion on him yet.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    I think he's great. You can definitely see the spirit of Scott and Charlene about him. Love hearing all the little bits he mentions about them, such as Scott is still a journalist, how he used to skateboard down the street etc. Has he said whether Charlene is still a mechanic? He really brings the feel of how Neighbours used to be to the show, before it was all shootouts and woe.

Lookswise he really reminds me of Andrew Robinson. I just hope they aren't going to lumber him with dreary Imogen.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him. He is the best thing that has happened to Neighbours in a long while. He really can act and he is good looking to boot. I hope he stays for a long time to come. The best thing about him is that you really can believe that he is the son of Scott and Charlene. If Neighbours cast every character in the same way, I think the show would be a lot better.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Not a well responded thread so far- I am guessing people on here who watch Neighbours don't have an opinion on him yet.

Don't think it's that most the soap threads have been very quite all this week for some reason. As I type this there's currently only seems to be 3 threads on the first page with over 200 posts.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I think he's great. You can definitely see the spirit of Scott and Charlene about him. Love hearing all the little bits he mentions about them, such as Scott is still a journalist, how he used to skateboard down the street etc. Has he said whether Charlene is still a mechanic? He really brings the feel of how Neighbours used to be to the show, before it was all shootouts and woe.

Lookswise he really reminds me of Andrew Robinson. I just hope they aren't going to lumber him with dreary Imogen.
    No they are not!! Imogen and Bailey get together when she helps him work through his upcoming drinking storyline
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So do I Beesy. Although my heart did sink a bit when Imogen took an instant dislike to Daniel when he first arrived. Wedding bells by the 30th anniversary methinks.
    I liked Daniel instantly. The casting dept did a great job of finding someone who looks like both Scott and Charlene at the same age. He`s not a bad actor either.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    No they are not!! Imogen and Bailey get together when she helps him work through his upcoming drinking storyline
    Where have you heard that? I hope this doesn't happen as Bailey and Imogen are just wrong for each other IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Daniel - he's such an interesting character and I really like his hippie personality. Daniel is very popular on FB and twitter.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Liking him so far, seems to be heading for a love triangle between Daniel, Amber & Imogen, at least thats the feeling I get.

Yes he can act, but so can most of the cast, bar Matt & Josh, who are wooden actors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking him so far, seems to be heading for a love triangle between Daniel, Amber & Imogen, at least thats the feeling I get.

Yes he can act, but so can most of the cast, bar Matt & Josh, who are wooden actors.

I agree with your post. I don't think Amber is a good actress as well.
    Forum Member

Nooooooo!!!
    wavlovr wrote: »
    So do I Beesy. Although my heart did sink a bit when Imogen took an instant dislike to Daniel when he first arrived. Wedding bells by the 30th anniversary methinks.
    I liked Daniel instantly. The casting dept did a great job of finding someone who looks like both Scott and Charlene at the same age. He`s not a bad actor either.

Oh me too. If they think they can be the next Scott and Charlene, they are mistaken. There is no way Imogen could even be in the same league as Charlene.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ewwwww :o. That's just not nice.

Daniel mentioned his mum fixing the car while he was skateboarding. I like him. He's like his Dad in hippy form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo!!!

Oh me too. If they think they can be the next Scott and Charlene, they are mistaken. There is no way Imogen could even be in the same league as Charlene.

Agreed wholeheartedly Beesy, Just as I instantly liked Daniel at his first appearance - I took a dislike to Imogen when she first appeared. She was just too much of a smart ar$e for my liking, And time hasn`t changed my opinion.
    I did like Charlene when she first appeared - and Jason Donovan`s Scott. Was never keen on Darius Perkins portrayal of Scott Robinson. He seemed too bland. Jason Donovan was a breath of fresh air.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him, he's a good character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours should try and get Jason Donovan back for a couple episodes when the 30th anniversary airs however I cannot see Kylie returning.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paul/Scott/Daniel/Lucy for the 30th! Heck, maybe even Rosemary too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Paul/Scott/Daniel/Lucy for the 30th! Heck, maybe even Rosemary too.

Great Idea
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Jason Donovan recently said he will never return to the show.
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Daniel, good addition to the cast and another link to Ramsay St of old :)
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I do like Daniel, but in the scenes he's shared with Amber where they appear to be bonding over photography, I couldn't help thinking how they look like brother and sister. Very similar eye colour, shape and smiles. Hope these two don't get together, or we'll have another Callum/Josie situation, where it just looks wrong! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There could be a love triangle on the way but I have a feeling Josh is going to fall for Paige but they are actually half brother and sister.
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Agreed wholeheartedly Beesy, Just as I instantly liked Daniel at his first appearance - I took a dislike to Imogen when she first appeared. She was just too much of a smart ar$e for my liking, And time hasn`t changed my opinion.
    I did like Charlene when she first appeared - and Jason Donovan`s Scott. Was never keen on Darius Perkins portrayal of Scott Robinson. He seemed too bland. Jason Donovan was a breath of fresh air.

Imogen is like the worst parts of Summer, Libby and Kate all rolled into one with her know it all nose poking ways. Since Kates demise she seems to be worse. Can't say I am too fond of Amber either but she is better than Imogen.

Barely remember Darius as Scott, Jason is the one I remember. I remember at primary school we used to 'play' Neighbours every break time. Used to end up with loads of Scott and Charlenes, I used to end up being Jane most of the time though because I wore glasses.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved old Neighbours with Scott, Charlene, Mike and Plain Jane Superbrain!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen is like the worst parts of Summer, Libby and Kate all rolled into one with her know it all nose poking ways. Since Kates demise she seems to be worse. Can't say I am too fond of Amber either but she is better than Imogen.

Barely remember Darius as Scott, Jason is the one I remember. I remember at primary school we used to 'play' Neighbours every break time. Used to end up with loads of Scott and Charlenes, I used to end up being Jane most of the time though because I wore glasses.
    That`s a great story Beesy. In 1989 I was getting married, so I never got to see much of Neighbours because I was working 14 hour shifts (including weekends) to help pay for the wedding. My Mother recorded Corrie for me, and that`s all I watched at the time.
    Now thanks to technology I`m watching the old Neighbours eps again and loving them even more the second time around.
    I try not to compare the old Neighbours compared to the present ones, but the old ones had a much better grasp on community spirit than the present ones do. I do enjoy the 2014 ones though. I`d like them even more if Imogen and Josh weren`t in it.