Baby P's Mother To Get New Identity.

£1=100p£1=100p Posts: 53
Forum Member
WTF is wrong with our Government.

We are lurching head on into recession and millions of pounds to be wasted on this piece of lowlife .

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call her Margaret Thatcher. Should ensure her safe passage lol
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throw her to the dogs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Throw her to the dogs.

The hounds of love are hunting!!
  • TrinitrotolueneTrinitrotoluene Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should put her in cage in full public view and leave her to die by whatever means necessary.

I hate this country sometimes.
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable, although I know that I shouldn't be surprised :( :mad: .
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Will it include plastic surgery?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, what do you expect, really?

Don't get me wrong - what the woman did was absolutely horrendous, completely despicable. I'm not trying to make any apologies for her.

But...

Our legal system doesn't allow people to be held indefinitely (unless they receive life or an indeterminate sentence). So ultimately, she will be released at some point. And let's face it, when she does, her life will be at risk from vigilante groups and people who think it's their right to take the law into their own hands.

No matter what she's done, steps have to be taken to make sure she's protected. I know that some people will find that completely objectionable, but everyone is entitled to live a life free from risk, even those who have broken the country's laws and committed the most heinous crimes. I'm not making a comment about this case specifically, but I actually like that we live in a society civilised enough not to 'throw people to the dogs', no matter what they've done.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad I know but emotions aside this is the right thing to do. Having said that if someone were to find out her new name or print her new name and address in a national newspaper I wouldn't be too outrage by it all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £1=100p wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with our Government.

We are lurching head on into recession and millions of pounds to be wasted on this piece of lowlife .

So are you suggesting we abandon all idea of a fair justice system and just throw her to the mob? What would that make us?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    So are you suggesting we abandon all idea of a fair justice system and just throw her to the mob? What would that make us?

How on earth can you call the fact that she could be out in 5 years the justice system being fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CYNinja wrote: »
    How on earth can you call the fact that she could be out in 5 years the justice system being fair.

Thats a fair point, but then campaign for tougher sentencing, not to have her torn apart by a baying mob the moment she's released...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CYNinja wrote: »

Whether or not the sentencing (including the guidelines and restrictions, maximum sentences etc.) is fair is a slightly different argument.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a fair point, but then campaign for tougher sentencing, not to have her torn apart by a baying mob the moment she's released...

I agree. I didn't actually say anything about letting her be torn apart by a mob though.

Although I can understand why people would want her to suffer such a fait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the first and won't be the last.

The little boy Bulgers killers have a new identity as do others.

I don't agree but once they have served a sentence they are presumed to have the right to live a normal life.

Just the HR act at its best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it include plastic surgery?

Probably, and a new life in Spain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffystev wrote: »
    Just the HR act at its best.

Nothing to do with the Human Rights Act really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with the Human Rights Act really.

So what is it then. The right to annonimity?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffystev wrote: »
    So what is it then. The right to annonimity?.

What I mean is that I'm pretty sure the Human Rights Act alone is not responsible for prisoners being able to assume new identities in certain circumstances when they're released.

The Human Rights Act is just something the Daily Mail likes to take shots at. They love to claim that all it does is benefit criminals and immigrants. And, if you read the article, it's pretty much entirely made up of unsubstantiated speculation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...And, if you read the Mail, it's pretty much entirely made up of unsubstantiated speculation.

Fixed for you...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed for you...

Ha ha. Very true! :D
  • £1=100p£1=100p Posts: 53
    Forum Member

Didn't see the Justice System helping out Baby Peter. Why should it help those who caused it. I do not agree that such short punishment followed by an identity makeover to protect such people can ever be considered justice. Throw her to the mob? Yeah I guess pretty much.

If the legal system was as you mention later on here and quite correct in your point, providedhigher sentencing, there would be some justice. It doesn't and therefore won't provide justice for the crime committed. We live in an alleged democracy yet the Government shit over the decent folk all the time but mollycoddle sadistic gits this 'mother' and her 2 side kicks. I know it is very extreme and barbaric a view at my side but its how I would want it in such barbaric cases as this when justice is not there. It sends out the message a short sentence then brand new life, all bought and paid for, is worth being allowed to torture and kill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I mean is that I'm pretty sure the Human Rights Act alone is not responsible for prisoners being able to assume new identities in certain circumstances when they're released.

The Human Rights Act is just something the Daily Mail likes to take shots at. They love to claim that all it does is benefit criminals and immigrants. And, if you read the article, it's pretty much entirely made up of unsubstantiated speculation.

Never read the Daily Mail in my life
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be at risk of crime committed against her so it's entirely appropriate she should be protected from that. Whatever she has done is immaterial.

And they were giving out new identities long before the Human Rights Act. Mary Bell for example.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary Bell appears to have been able to turn her life around and be a productive member of society and successful parent, so being given a new identity certainly worked for her.
    Baby P's mother wouldn't have needed this extra protection if she hadn't been named all over the internet.
    Oh and they don't all get a cushy new life in Spain, as was suggested earlier in the thread. Maxine Carr has remained in the UK and has had to move about a fair bit since her release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased they will, despite the fact I knew they would have to anyway, too many moral psychos around looking to do the work of the Daily Mail.