The Apprentice - 'Flip it in Essex'; BBC1 9PM

1212223242527»

Comments

• slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diorelli wrote: »
    The winning margin wasn't greater as Sterling had at least 2 hours were they had no inventory to sell at all.

I know that, although was the length of time actually specifically mentioned as 2 hours? (I may have missed that.) My disappointment is that it gave Jade a reason to feel that she hadn't really failed that much, whereas in fact the relatively narrow defeat was in spite of her rather than because of her.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    £10 for an unknown make of spray tan? how on earth did they sell them?

Essex eh? :rolleyes:;)
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have been a double firing, if anything. How did she survive?
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    She didn't even say goodbye properly - rude, nasty woman.

I honestly thought we were in for a double firing. And it should have been IMO.

Jade was so rude when her and Tom left. She totally blanked Azhar. No need to be so nasty.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I suppose Lord Sugar doesn't see the footage we do during the task, he only sees them in the boardroom and what Nick and thingy tells him.

Jade was a dead loss from start to finish which was obvious to us.

I imagine L.S. knows already who is any good or not so who he fires in the meantime doesn't mean a lot to him, they are just there to make the program up.
    Same as some participants of many other programs like Dancing on Ice etc.

they are only there to fill the time slots and make up the required number of programs, Jade has no chance of winning so will be on the way out one week soon probably.
    And it was also obvious the one who got fired wasn't going to win.
    LS must know who the winner is else he's a poor judge of people.

It's just a game show with a different name.
  • D.PageD.Page Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that Lord Sugar glances to the side of the set when he first walks through the frosted door into the boardroom in most episodes, but it was even more pronounced in this episode (and also the last one).

Is it an unconsious nervous reaction on his part, or do you think he is looking at the side of the set for a reason?

(here is this episode, at 02:27 in this link):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK0IfiFiMIo

(here is the last episode, at 02:29 in this link):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CWMdz3dtc
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I know that, although was the length of time actually specifically mentioned as 2 hours? (I may have missed that.) My disappointment is that it gave Jade a reason to feel that she hadn't really failed that much, whereas in fact the relatively narrow defeat was in spite of her rather than because of her.
    2 hours was stated in the boardroom.

They took all the goods with them instead of giving them to the others to sell.

Some of that lot you wouldn't give them any job, they don't seem to have a brain.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    2 hours was stated in the boardroom.

They took all the goods with them instead of giving them to the others to sell.

Some of that lot you wouldn't give them any job, they don't seem to have a brain.

Thanks. I must have missed that. Difficult to catch everything when also trying to scribble notes for my blog! :-)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I suppose Lord Sugar doesn't see the footage we do during the task, he only sees them in the boardroom and what Nick and thingy tells him.Jade was a dead loss from start to finish which was obvious to us.

I imagine L.S. knows already who is any good or not so who he fires in the meantime doesn't mean a lot to him, they are just there to make the program up.
    Same as some participants of many other programs like Dancing on Ice etc.

they are only there to fill the time slots and make up the required number of programs, Jade has no chance of winning so will be on the way out one week soon probably.
    And it was also obvious the one who got fired wasn't going to win.
    LS must know who the winner is else he's a poor judge of people.

It's just a game show with a different name.

Really? I suspect he not only sees it but edits it as well.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Looks like this will be yet another firing most people don't agree with. :D Kind of proves how out of whack the firings are really.

I had quite an uneasy feeling throughout the episode because it was far too obvious who was winning, and they always like to play the double-bluff. I felt Sugar was far too harsh on Nick's team for that one fault, and I considered that maybe they never had enough footage to play the double-bluff, so they had Sugar cast the doubt in the boardroom. I thought he laid into them way too harsh.

Was shocking how much of a disaster Jade was. :eek: I thought 'oh so this is why she's hardly been shown'.
    But I actually had a feeling that she wasn't going. The reason why (sounds really silly) but it was imagining the 'The One That Got Away' segment on You're Fired. If Jade had been fired there was no-one I could picture them focusing on, apart from Azhar mentioning 'strategy' every two minutes. But it wouldn't have made a very good video montage as a reason to fire him.

Kind of tired of Nick/Karren desperately telling me how great Tom is. :yawn: If he's that good then let his performance shine through, because it really doesn't at the moment. We get a sentence or two from him each episode, and that's about it. He comes across as the thinking man of the show, when he's actually doing something he just sinks into the background or just fumbles around.
    I didn't know who else Jade could have brought into the boardroom :confused: I mean even Sugar was ready to lay into Tom for the pricing of some products. Adam outsold everyone, and Laura was shown just as much as Tom was.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like this will be yet another firing most people don't agree with. :D Kind of proves how out of whack the firings are really.

I had quite an uneasy feeling throughout the episode because it was far too obvious who was winning, and they always like to play the double-bluff. I felt Sugar was far too harsh on Nick's team for that one fault, and I considered that maybe they never had enough footage to play the double-bluff, so they had Sugar cast the doubt in the boardroom. I thought he laid into them way too harsh.

Was shocking how much of a disaster Jade was. :eek: I thought 'oh so this is why she's hardly been shown'.
    But I actually had a feeling that she wasn't going. The reason why (sounds really silly) but it was imagining the 'The One That Got Away' segment on You're Fired. If Jade had been fired there was no-one I could picture them focusing on, apart from Azhar mentioning 'strategy' every two minutes. But it wouldn't have made a very good video montage as a reason to fire him.

Kind of tired of Nick/Karren desperately telling me how great Tom is. :yawn: If he's that good then let his performance shine through, because it really doesn't at the moment. We get a sentence or two from him each episode, and that's about it. He comes across as the thinking man of the show, when he's actually doing something he just sinks into the background or just fumbles around.
    I didn't know who else Jade could have brought into the boardroom :confused: I mean even Sugar was ready to lay into Tom for the pricing of some products. Adam outsold everyone, and Laura was shown just as much as Tom was.

Yes but Sugar himself was hinting to Jade that Tom performed better then Laura. Laura only sold, Tom sold and was the number person, he did more then Laura, and he did it correct, minus the Tan pricing, but even Jade and laura said that was their fault on the tan pricing.

Even if Laura went back she would not have been fired anyway, Adam, Tom and Laura all did well in this task, Adam and Tom more so. She should have brought back Laura and Azhar.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's ever a week this series where two should've gone, this was it - Jade and Azhar both sucked!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I don't know what Azhar thought he was playing at, with the constant phone calls regarding strategy. He wasn't the pm. Jade was just rubbish. I think she brought Tom in because she knows how much of a threat he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    lesson is if you're not pm then just keep your opinions to yourself, especially if your pm is not bothered listening to you