But not in name of the Doctor

2»

Comments

• allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only clue I've weened is a quote from Moffat:-

"I don't even know what the Valeyard is meant to be... If you're going to hint at the Doctor having a dark side you have to mention the Valeyard though so that's why I put it in the script"

So for me

• It's nothing to do with the Valeyard

• the whole thing is some kind of tease.. hinting rather than insisiting
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about sending Centurian Rorus Gulielmus out to get Cybermens' attention by blowing up some of their space stations? That's a bit (cyber-) bloodthirsty.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Another hint to the time war was the amount of Daleks in the trailer (from those lucky enough to see it) implying that they were fully back as an entire galaxy threatening power and not just the odd one or two rebuilding the odd fleet or so...

I'm glad Moffat doesn't understand the first thing about the Valeyard (or the watcher for that matter) because it just fries my brain thinking about it! :p
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    How about sending Centurian Rorus Gulielmus out to get Cybermens' attention by blowing up some of their space stations? That's a bit (cyber-) bloodthirsty.

Yeah, and considering it had no relevance to the rest of the episode (blatently written just so they could put the Cybermen in the trailer like they did with the Dalek later on that year too...)
    a bit pointlessly bloodythirsty too....
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yeah, and considering it had no relevance to the rest of the episode (blatently written just so they could put the Cybermen in the trailer like they did with the Dalek later on that year too...)
    a bit pointlessly bloodythirsty too....

It's been well established that the Cybermen are parasites - the only living parts of them are people that have been torn apart and stuffed screaming into a shell. In the past the Doctor has shown pity, but no regret, for freeing them from their tortured existence.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just chatting with Cleverbot and tried this out

Me : The last great time war.

CB : That senseless war...

Me : Not in the name of the doctor.

CB : Introducing John Hurt.

Trolled lol :D