Cheryl marriage woes

12346»

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please say that Tweedy and whatshisface didn't sign a pre-nup.

According to the papers there was no pre nup. I suppose that will show us what sort of man he is. Whether or not he tries for a stake of her cash will tell us all we need to know about his character
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    According to the papers there was no pre nup. I suppose that will show us what sort of man he is. Whether or not he tries for a stake of her cash will tell us all we need to know about his character

Where there's blame, there's a claim. Smart lad should be minted by the end of this.
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is already divorced from Andy then remarried, now about to have a 2nd divorce is she allowed to take the surname Cole back again? I can't see how she is allowed to myself.:confused:
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll just be known by the one name, like all the great icons ;-)
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I'm not keen on Cheryl but I feel sorry for her going through another divorce.

It's very hard for successful women to find the right man. Men who are rich/famous/career driven find it much easier to find a partner who can be kept happy as long as they have a lovely home and some children. Women who are rich/famous/career driven seem to appear daunting to men who are less successful.

Is he not a successful business man though? He also has a degree from a very esteemed NY uni and his family are loaded. He's been part of a hard partying European "jet set" group for years. This article is from 2002.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/08/style/a-new-eurofestation.html?pagewanted=all
  • Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Is he not a successful business man though? He also has a degree from a very esteemed NY uni and his family are loaded. He's been part of a hard partying European "jet set" group for years. This article is from 2002.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/08/style/a-new-eurofestation.html?pagewanted=all

I think I read somewhere a long time back that his parents are successful business people. Still i doubt he would be worth as much as Cheryl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle12 wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere a long time back that his parents are successful business people. Still i doubt he would be worth as much as Cheryl.

His dad recently died so he might stand to inherit big.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is already divorced from Andy then remarried, now about to have a 2nd divorce is she allowed to take the surname Cole back again? I can't see how she is allowed to myself.:confused:

She could basically call herself anything she liked for "work" purposes. There are plenty of people who take stage names when they go in to showbusiness for any reason.

If she wanted to revert to Cheryl Cole, it's highly likely there's nothing Ashley could do about it.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She'll just be known by the one name, like all the great icons ;-)

Such as Sinitta;-)
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked that bloke at all.

Have you ever been in one of those over ornate restaurants in Paris? Mirror lined walls, gilt everywhere and chandeliers dripping from the ceilings?

Waiters looking down their noses as "what could you afford"? Even though they're on minimum wage.

Take a look at his pouty sneer. That's how French waiters pose.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such as Sinitta;-)

Or Biggins :p
  • Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    His dad recently died so he might stand to inherit big.

he could if they are millionaires, who knows... he must have been worth something for Cheryl to marry him. If you are rich and successful chances are slim that you will marry any old guy off the street.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such as Sinitta;-)
    Or Biggins :p

Exactly! :D:D
  • jaycee331jaycee331 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the papers there was no pre nup.

Indeed. But maybe you don't need a pre nup when you have some other kind of confidential business/marriage for publicity contract. Must be coming up to its expiry ;-)

Big speculation there, obviously. But many of us suspect this was a sham marriage to boost her profile and dying career before she re-joined the X Factor for s11. The clues might be there on how the divorce plays out. If there is no major exchange of money, it could make that more plausible. If there is a big payout, fair enough, perhaps not.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl cannot pull off a mono-name. I think she tried but it didn't stick. As beautiful as she is lookswise, I'd be *amazed* if another male is willing to face a media juggernaut when trying to conduct a relationship with her; each lover has had the press probing, interfering, or attacking them for interacting with "our chezza". Who in the right mind would want to go though that? I think it's time C tells the press (and public?) to butt out as she is a 32 year old woman.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl cannot pull off a mono-name. I think she tried but it didn't stick. As beautiful as she is lookswise, I'd be *amazed* if another male is willing to face a media juggernaut when trying to conduct a relationship with her; each lover has had the press probing, interfering, or attacking them for interacting with "our chezza". Who in the right mind would want to go though that? I think it's time C tells the press (and public?) to butt out as she is a 32 year old woman.

Someone interested in raising their media profile at all costs perhaps?