Options

What are your memories of the Legend that was David Bowie

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
My memories of him was his creation of Ziggy Stardust There was nothing like him back then and there has never been anything like him since

Comments

• Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a teenager - dancing like a loony - to John I'm Only Dancing or Jean Genie. Both those songs take me back to a time of pure innocent enjoyment when I didn't have a care in the world.

He was completely unique - a one off. An eccentric, creative, artistic Brit who we should all be so proud of.
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Watching Labyrinth many times as a kid would be the earliest.

Being introduced to 'Starman' when my Dad had made a mixtape for the car.
    He even dug out the 7" single for me because I liked it so much - have a few memories of that orange RCA print on the record label going around on the record player.

Listening to 'The Singles Collection' on cassette for an entire 2 week holiday from getting on the plane to coming home.

Being wowed watching his Glastonbury performance in 2000.

So many...
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first memory was the creepiness of the Ashes to Ashes video as an 11 year old, folllowed by the catchiness of Let's Dance & China Girl...I never realised he was such an influential artist, but saw him as a creative singer.

Too young to remember him in the 1970's but recently I became familiar with his earlier songs.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good handshake, professionally pleasant, no arse.
  • Options
    cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my cousins used to play the Laughing Gnome single at various speeds and laugh ourselves stupid at the squeaky voices or the deep belch. Late 70's I suppose.
  • Options
    grokegroke Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    "Turn back Sarah. Turn back before it's too late"