Options

Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool:

2-0 now, hard to see you coming back from this.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the most ridiculous players scoring against me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    I get the most ridiculous players scoring against me.

Walker scoring against you is pretty unfortunate, he is an attacking FB though. I'll give you Coates scoring against you however! :eek:

At least it wasn't an own goal, those really do take the piss.
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Well pretty much I need Evans not to play tomorrow (or to concede 3 if he does). Not holding my breath. This game is really going to cost me.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Walker scoring against you is pretty unfortunate, he is an attacking FB though. I'll give you Coates scoring against you however! :eek:

At least it wasn't an own goal, those really do take the piss.

Aye, Coates was the one that really sticks in my mind. I'm sure I've had a similar moan about other players but can't recall them. Walker's had two all season! One against Arsenal, one against me. :(

I think I've had a few own goals, as well. I'd just love to have a clean sheet before the end of the season...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Well pretty much I need Evans not to play tomorrow (or to concede 3 if he does). Not holding my breath. This game is really going to cost me.

You need Evans to play I think.

It says M Olsson as first choice sub for Bhavesh but he doesn't have either twin, defender or midfielder. He does have J Olsson of WBA who played and kept a clean sheet this week though who I think its supposed to be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You need Evans to play I think.

It says M Olsson as first choice sub for Bhavesh but he doesn't have either twin, defender or midfielder. He does have J Olsson of WBA who played and kept a clean sheet this week though who I think its supposed to be?

Good spot. Think it is because I filled many teams in manually this week. :o Pleased we spotted the error before I got excited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    Aye, Coates was the one that really sticks in my mind. I'm sure I've had a similar moan about other players but can't recall them. Walker's had two all season! One against Arsenal, one against me. :(

I think I've had a few own goals, as well. I'd just love to have a clean sheet before the end of the season...

He sure does pick his time to score.

I'm amazed you kept in it as long as you have considering how poor your defense has done. You're potentially going to go the entire 2nd half of the season without a clean sheet!

I reckon my defense is why I'm still in this, been poor offensively for like a month now but this could be my 5th clean sheet in a row which has really kept me in the hunt :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Good spot. Think it is because I filled many teams in manually this week. :o Pleased we spotted the error before I got excited.

I can just imagine how well that would have gone down if I spotted that after Evans had missed the Man Utd game! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be very crucial that, they've taken the assist away from Ramires meaning Hutchy is no longer just 1 Man City goal away from a 4th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can just imagine how well that would have gone down if I spotted that after Evans had missed the Man Utd game! :o

I'd have been disappointed, but Bhavesh has played well and deserves to win.
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I release Walcott
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I release Surman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That puts me at £27.5m, making Hernandez eligible for the final round.
  • Options
    BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Season, I think you're due one last big performance so you don't finish bottom - and surely fab is due a slip up! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BrumBall wrote: »
    Come on Season, I think you're due one last big performance so you don't finish bottom - and surely fab is due a slip up! :D

Season is one person I seem to come unstuck against in this no matter what sort of form either of us are in going into it. Luckily I think you'll have your hands full trying to beat Bhavesh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry for my absence this week and the poor updates for the preceding week. I've been busy preparing for my final exams of my degree, so hadn't been able to summon the motivation to do this as well.

Final week in the League between today and tuesday, in which our winner of either FC Serenity and Bally's Badgers shall be declared. Serenity leapfrogged Bally, after the Badgers slipped up to Hutchalution last week 4-2, ending a long run at the top. Incredibly, nobody's place is guaranteed going into the final week. 4 teams are battling to avoid last, as I slipped there this week as a result of Bhaveshgorsia miraculous recovery, culminating in a 4-3 victory against me last week.

Good luck to Fab and Brum.

Bhaveshgorsia vs Bally's Badgers - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=0
    FC Serenity vs Season 74ers - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=33
    Funk Unicorns FC vs Simonics - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=2
    Jackyorks Dragons vs Hutchalution - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=3
    TSO 2012 vs Yakutzenal - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=4

Table, as it stands: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=10
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    my team this week.
    Goalkeeper
    Al habsi
    Defender
    Riise
    olsson
    Simpson
    Taiwo
    Midfielder
    Pienaar
    Cabaye
    Dyer
    Martin Petrov
    Striker
    Jelavic
    Tevez

Subs
    Given
    Taylor
    Gibbs
    Eagles
    Scholes
    pogrebynak
    Cisse
    strategy normal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope my team sheet is fine? Had to enter most of it manually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gah was thinking of dropping Sagna as well, let in more goals than last week already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope my team sheet is fine? Had to enter most of it manually.

Yep. It was fine. Sorry I haven't been updating the teams. Got a bit lapse for the final weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gah was thinking of dropping Sagna as well, let in more goals than last week already!

Yeah. You'd have to consider that a bad start, even with Bally conceding the same, due to Van Persie's goals. Bhavesh is in fine form though. Going to be interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgorsia 1-0 Bally's Badgers
    (Petrov)

Big goal in the title race on the final gameweek. Bally has fallen behind to Bhavesh, but have a chance of getting 1 back soon. Meanwhile, I've made a good start in my match against Fab. It might prove difficult for him to keep me out, which might mean he needs to score himself if Bally can get back into it. Long way to go before we have a Champion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's really not looking good for me here imo, everything seems to be going wrong. With Swansea about to play Man Utd and Bhavesh playing Taylor Bally is likely to score. Meanwhile I'm 1-0 down and thanks to that ridiculous own goal Season is on the verge of a 2nd. I mean really, who could ever imagine the title being decided by Brums player Ridgewell smashing the ball into my player Jones for an own goal :p.

If only Sagna hadn't broken his leg :(
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    How is this the final week? what about next weeks premiership games.?