Options

Survivor 26: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    My favourite type of player seems to be a sneaky, strategic female, which I think is why I relate to Sherri so much. :D
    Plus I'm not a fan of alpha males, so it's hard for me not to be biased in the Sherri vs Reynold/Eddie war.

Yeah I can't actually discuss Survivor anywhere else but here. My friends/family don't even know what it is, nevermind watch it. lol
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, poor, stupid Corinne. Poor, stupid Corinne and her irrational hatred of Phillip got her poor, stupid self throat punched.

She deserved it... poor, stupid, irrational, 2nd-rate Corinne. She'll miss "her 'gay'" and having someone to hate on. Hopefully those dumbassed boys, Reynold and Eddy, will get themselves to the Loser Hut really quick-like and the can all be idiots together for a while. They can all wonder how every body got it wrong and were so mean to them for not just playing their poor stupid games like they were supposed to... so baffled, the lot of them.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Rob Has A Podcast, Corinne said that Dawn was her closest ally and that is why she told her, and she also said it happened out of order - she told Dawn this info before the tribe was locked on voting our Sherri.

That doesn't explain the split vote scenario though. She should have just let that happen and all would have been good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .:Tom:. wrote: »
    BTW its cool to have somewhere to post what I'm thinking about Survivor here - its not really heard of amongst my friends. The UK needs Survivor on TV!

:eek: Just not UK made. Our 2 were dire and I reckon it's the reason we are one of the few countries who are not enthralled by Survivor. It's huge elsewhere.
    Or maybe us Brits aren't cool with our winners having to lie, backstab and screw people over. :confused:

Whatever, it's a crying shame and I'm glad to have this small thread to talk about it. I used to get all my gossip from "Survivor Sucks" or TWoP, but there's so many posters all slagging each other off it was offputting.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :eek: Just not UK made. Our 2 were dire and I reckon it's the reason we are one of the few countries who are not enthralled by Survivor. It's huge elsewhere.
    Or maybe us Brits aren't cool with our winners having to lie, backstab and screw people over. :confused:

Whatever, it's a crying shame and I'm glad to have this small thread to talk about it. I used to get all my gossip from "Survivor Sucks" or TWoP, but there's so many posters all slagging each other off it was offputting.

The first one wasn't bad, I quite enjoyed it. It came out around the same time as Big Brother started, one of the big reasons it didn't catch on was that we don't like our reality shows being non-interactive.
  • Options
    .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Nice that people remember the UK seasons (whether for good or bad reasons :p)
    tally wrote: »

At the time Survivor (S2) was the first reality TV show I bothered to watch and I remember thinking it was great haha Looking back, The US version blew ours out of the water (even then) in terms of presentation - a show like Survivor needs tight editing and suspense.

Still, some decent outright strategy hasn't had a good shout yet. The closest thing in that respect is the Apprentice (also by Burnett) which has a similar ruthless edge - and that's done well.
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    The first one wasn't bad, I quite enjoyed it. It came out around the same time as Big Brother started, one of the big reasons it didn't catch on was that we don't like our reality shows being non-interactive.
    Even the US has brought in some interactivity with the Sprint player of the week and then the fan favourite winning the 100k. I just think ITV got it wrong...I remember we had a fairly stiff news reader presenting it. Bad decision. xD
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ATM I can see John or Dawn go deep in this game. Their edits are pretty good so far.

Poor Corinne, I knew she was in trouble when she said Blindside time in one of her confessions this week :o

And GOD WHY IS PHILLIP still HERE? Piss off. Sherri's face at the end when she saw Corinne's torch get snuffed :p
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a brief look at the British Survivor last year and it did look cheaply done, just like The Mole was. Then again it takes some seasons for these shows to develop and improve. The American show probably took a few seasons before it was more professinally done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    I had a brief look at the British Survivor last year and it did look cheaply done, just like The Mole was. Then again it takes some seasons for these shows to develop and improve. The American show probably took a few seasons before it was more professinally done.
    :D Nope. Survivor was an instant ratings success.No 1 in the key demographic and 53m watched the finale of Season 1 I think. Richard Hatch should take a lot of credit for it's success as from the getgo, he was strategizing and plotting, unlike his fellow tribemates who probably still thought they were on a weird alternative tropical holiday. Playing the game was a concept few had really grasped.
    Borneo still stands up to repeated viewings IMO. Although, of course, it's a lot more simplistic and gimmick free....they were allowed to bring luxury items with them and had a lot more tools and food etc.
    The US got a naked Richard Hatch and Sue spilling her "rats and snakes" infamous speech. :( We got Charlotte the Harlotte who wasn't a patch on Parvati's particular brand of flirting.
    SAD
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Is Survivor UK worth a watch? I remember watching it when I was like 9 years old so forgot about it but I remember liking it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Survivor UK worth a watch? I remember watching it when I was like 9 years old so forgot about it but I remember liking it.
    Depends on how much of a purist you are. I've watched both again fairly recently and the 3 series SA made. I enjoyed them sort of. (they're on You Tube) but they don't hold a candle to the US. It makes you realise how good that is and what a fantastic ( :p if misogynist and biased ) host Probst is. He deserves his Emmys.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The first series is superior from what I've heard. I watched the second one only. The first one has 16 contestants (as opposed to only 12 in the second) and there's more strategy. Just don't go into it expecting the kind of fast paced, slick production Survivor US is known for these days.

That said, I still thinking the F4 orienteering challenge of S2 was epic - best 'losers' reaction ever. http://youtu.be/iepo3wZ8al4?t=3m40s :D
    Bridget came so close and almost beat an ex-marine - gotta respect that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah okay I might try both seasons out then, thanks for the link on youtube
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay I might try both seasons out then, thanks for the link on youtube

Please skip the second one. It's honestly terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good episode, rubbish outcome
  • Options
    SamBonjelaSamBonjela Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed that, and I liked the outcome - next week will be interesting (if it doesnt get hijacked by Dawn having a breakdown(
  • Options
    V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode, rubbish outcome

I was on the edge of my seat! Great move by Malcom, even though I really wanted him to get blindsided!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking back now I think maybe the one going was the right to go because it will make the next few votes off interesting as at least Andrea and Malcolm are playing the game while Michael was not really playing the game.

Just feel we was robbed of a good blindside, after all the scrambling of the episode we ended up with Michael going.. just seemed anti climatic but like said it should make next few votes good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Still trying to get my head round all that. It should have been a great move from Malcolm, but I think it'll backfire in his face. Though Reynold would have used his idol anyway, Quite a different player from last Season and I'm impressed. There are quite a few strategizing really well, especially Andrea, Cochran, Sheree and Dawn.
    If only Dawn could keep her emotions in check then I'd be really rooting for her, but it's Cochran who is making me sit up and take notice more and more. Loved his line about Eddie the stud muffin :rolleyes: thinking he was on their side as all the males were jocks. "I won't be engaging in any masculine tomfoolery with these numbskulls" Ha!
    Cochran could go far.

Didn't like the Reward Challenge, basically it was unfair. If you're throwing first and it was the first to 4, then you are automatically at an advantage.

Great immunity win by Brenda. That particular challenge always scares the eeby-jeebys out of me, but she was in the zone, totally focussed and calm. Love how she talked about her strategizing and her plans for the game.

:( Oh wait, she didn't. Not even a TH. What on earth has she done to piss the producers off? A challenge win and she gets nada screen time? wtf? She's getting even less time than Purple Kelly and I didn't think that was possible.

Have the dumb MCP's realised that they are on the outs? Eddie The Stud Muffin particularly cracks me up. "How to play Survivor With Testosterone 101" ROTFL. :D
    Still, as there are no f'able females left for our Stud Muffin - (hello, Andrea is gorgeous, so is Brenda) then the little ladies are right in the palm of his and Reynold's hand. Hahaha. He is SO stupid it's quite amusing. I cant get a take on Eric as he's the invisible man to Brenda's invisible woman. I'm going to put him in the clueless group, he seems to have zoned out. At least that's his edit.

Overall a good episode. I certainly didn't know who was going and was shocked and cheering when Malcolm pulled off his little gem of getting Reynold's idol. I wonder what Eric made of it? :)

As for Phillip, two words, :mad: GO AWAY
  • Options
    RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost the greatest tribal of all time, or that I've seen. If Andrea didn't get paranoid and switch the vote to MIchael, it would have been amazing.

Malcolm's play was immense. His idol is hidden that'll it's surely a massive blind side for someone.

Eddie voted Andrea, hahah she's getting played.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Okay so a pretty good episode, think this season is improving but is doubtful to make it out of the bottom half of a season ranking list.

lol at invisiBrenda winning the most impressive IC. Kind of ironic after Reynold's hating on the females that the alpha males get their butts kicked by the two flirtiest females in the challenge.
    For me that IC represents the true essence of Survivor, requiring mental toughness, with nature being your biggest enemy, along with your own fear.

Don't know why Reynold is so obsessed with the males getting together, maybe he has flashbacks to Parvati in FvsF1 with her 'the men are so stupid' talk. Frankly the alpha males this season are not doing much to show otherwise. Even Cochran was playing them for fools, he was like 'lol at these numbskulls' or whatever he said.

Dawn is particularly brutal this season, although Andrea was actually right to switch it to Michael or else she'd have been voted out. I'm not that keen on her but she was interesting this episode.

If I was Malcolm after TC I'd be like 'Ah see I was only fooling Reynold into playing his idol to help the Faves'. Even though it's clearly not the case. The Reynold/Eddie/Malcolm clique is probably one of the most useless ever.
    While Sherri once again demonstrates her superior social game while they be hating on her. :cool: Eddie practically spat out his sole braincell when he was calling her a puppet, but hey whatever gets her from A to B right. Eddie probably doesn't even know which letter comes after A.

Sheesh Michael got so little attention, talk about being majorly screwed in his own vote off episode, I dread to think what Brenda's is going to be like, unless she makes Final 3. lol Though please make it happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a fantastic episode. It was great even without the twist at TC. It would have been just that little bit better if they had voted for Malcolm and he got one up on them, but regardless, it was a badass move getting Reynold to give him his idol..while he still has a super secret idol of his own! :D

Great immunity win by Brenda...and still no confessional! It seems she was quiet and under the radar this season, but surely an immunity win deserves at least a 30 second confessional? Something is definitely going on behind the scenes for her to have such an invisible edit. Did she piss off Probst somehow?

Looks like Dawn really starts to crack next week.
    I read that she was checked in to a psych ward after this season.
    - not a game spoiler, it is regarding something after the game, but thought I'd spoiler it just in case.
  • Options
    KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After really dull start, this season is getting pretty good. Malcolm really gave us a masterclass on the best and worst of survivor play, starts off naively trying to flip possibly the 2 most loyal members of stealth R us(Dawn's actual code name should be "The Snitch") then gets completely duped with this fake split vote but ultimately he makes a extremely clever read at the tribal council and convinces Reynald to give him the idol.

Real pity Eddy spooked Andrea into a safe vote, or that might have been one of best tribals ever. As much of a bonehead as Eddy is, I did enjoy the puppet jibe, Sherri is a bit smug for a non entity in the game.

The favourites alliance dynamic is interesting, Philip is clearly the symbolic leader but question is who is actually going to seize the real control, Andrea tried this week and was a fortunate not to get eliminated, I thinking it might be Cochran who strategically has been very strong so far. Not sure what Brenda has to do to get some screen time:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Always good to see strategising! - last night's ep was one of the strongest so far.

Unlike most people who thought it was funny, I've lost all respect for Cochran after his confessional about the guys offering him a part in their alliance. :/ I understand Cochran isn't on their wavelength clearly but it left a bad taste - he seems to have issues with other guys. Of the other favourites, I respect Andrea and Malcolm for playing the game - and Sherri is doing the best with her situation I suppose. :p Brenda might have won IC but she's still invisible. :/ Erik is...Erik! Then there's Phillip and Dawn who are just annoying...next week's ep will probably be dominated by the two of them.

I could be wrong but I think Cochran will be making a move soon to get rid of Philip. He seemed to be pretty miffed about his tribal council ramblings...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .:Tom:. wrote: »

Unlike most people who thought it was funny, I've lost all respect for Cochran after his confessional about the guys offering him a part in their alliance. :/ I understand Cochran isn't on their wavelength clearly but it left a bad taste - he seems to have issues with other guys. .

I'm not Cochran's biggest fan but come on, he was right in this instance. Reynold was trying to sell him on a "bros alliance" by saying "Hope's gone so there's no girls worth f**king anyway." So yeah, I can see why he'd be put off by the macho posturing of those "numbskulls".