Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.brookside.tk sign the brookside DVD petition
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love it back, but it will never happen.They do have nine episodes on virgin interactive in the drama part.Classic episodes.

Wonder whatever happened to deal sullivan ( jimmy corckhill ).I still think he was the best soap actor their has been.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufes wrote: »
    i would love it back, but it will never happen.They do have nine episodes on virgin interactive in the drama part.Classic episodes.

I thought it was 8.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufes i have been in contact with Dean a few times since starting the DVD Campaign, he is brilliant. he is currently doing a sitcom called terry across the mersey look it up, has other ex brookie cast in it also.

www.brookside.tk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keep them coming!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Anyone else loving the free Brookside episodes on 4OD?
    I just watched the Sheila Grant rape episode - truly gripping, powerful performance and i hope the actress who plays her (her name has escaped me!) got an award for her portrayal.
    They need to add more episodes though!

I'd Like to see:

* When Beth stabs her dad - then bury him under the patio (typical!)
    * discovery of his body (actually finding it - not the investigation)
    * Millenium club explosion
    * Susannah and max's kids are killed in a car accident
    * Susannah murder storyline
    * Jacqui/Susannah/Max surrogacy
    * Antony murders Imelda
    * The 2001 seige (slag it if you like - i loved it)
    * Helicopter crash
    * The last 3 or 4 episodes (because they were the final episodes of some of the favourite and legendary characters - jacqui and katie (i loved them!), rachel etc)

loads more tho.

anyone else?
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Allaniain wrote: »
    Anyone else loving the free Brookside episodes on 4OD?
    I just watched the Sheila Grant rape episode - truly gripping, powerful performance and i hope the actress who plays her (her name has escaped me!) got an award for her portrayal.
    They need to add more episodes though!

I'd Like to see:

* When Beth stabs her dad - then bury him under the patio (typical!)
    * discovery of his body (actually finding it - not the investigation)
    * Millenium club explosion
    * Susannah and max's kids are killed in a car accident
    * Susannah murder storyline
    * Jacqui/Susannah/Max surrogacy
    * Antony murders Imelda
    * The 2001 seige (slag it if you like - i loved it)
    * Helicopter crash
    * The last 3 or 4 episodes (because they were the final episodes of some of the favourite and legendary characters - jacqui and katie (i loved them!), rachel etc)

loads more tho.

anyone else?

Lots of death there :)

I'd like to watch the first five years again. The way they built characters was why Brookside had loyal viewers.

The Grant family were probably one of the best soap families ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't come back, sadly :( But Brookside was the best drama ever (can't call it a soap because the writing was way above that ;) I'm no scouser fan *runs* but it was good, and the scripts were way ahead of the present soaps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Guv wrote: »
    It won't come back, sadly :( But Brookside was the best drama ever (can't call it a soap because the writing was way above that ;) I'm no scouser fan *runs* but it was good, and the scripts were way ahead of the present soaps :)

p.s Was I alone in thinking Rachael was a hottie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Harry Cross and Ralph living in the bungalow were sooo funny, especially when Mona (Annabel's mother) moved in with them as she thought that Paul Collins was trying to kill her. I loved Brookie if not just to swoon over Barry Grant...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    I was a big Brookie Fan in it's heyday, but sadly some of the best characters are no longer with us, like Julia Brogan [the actress who played her passed away. RIP] :(

"I'm nearly finished Mrs Farn-ham". :D

Aww Julia Brogan was my fave soap character EVER!!

"Are you planning a menage-a-trois Mrs Farnham?"

*BROGAN TRANSLATION*

"Are you planning on a mangy trout Mrs Farn-ham?"

:D

The lady who played her was called Gladys Ambrose. I think she passed away in about 99.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean Sullivan is in panto in Llandudno this December - Peter Pan - alongside Chris Gascoyne ex Coronation Street.

Billed locally as the bad boys of soap!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i have the advertisment leaflet, hope its really good, would love to go see him, shame its only there :(...
  • Good_boysGood_boys Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 OD has a lot of wrong years next to their Brookside episodes.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More4 had the very first episode of Brookside on a few weeks ago... pointless news now but they did as part of some channel4 thing they had a different old show every night or something.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I didn't know about that! What time was it on?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never really a fan of brookside but when they did a good story, it was big. Some I can remember and I can still picture.

- The car crash where the 2 kids died
    - The woman who crashed the car falling down the stairs, and the flashback episode
    - Him who finished 2nd in last years X Factor killing the bully in the pond
    - Helicopter crash when Jennifer Ellison fell out the window :D
    - That one where Clare Sweeneys kid ended up stuck beneath a grid (one of many explosions I think)

Thats all I can remember :D They should air it on More4.
  • Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of the older storylines are much better, anything pre 1998!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved the later years maybe as i watched it ore then and it was realistic, maybe abit over the top but it needed that for ratings!

More4 come on.....
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I agree Channel 4 definately should show classic repeats of old episodes of Brookie and maybe start showing it from the beginning.
    I recently emailed Living TV to ask if they have any plans to show Brookie again (they used to around 2001/2002) and they replied back saying they have no plans to show Brookside in the near future but please keep checking the schedules as this may change (blah blah blah, lol).
    I've been watching the episodes on 4oD and made me realise just how much I really miss it. I agree the older episodes are the best though, from around 2000 onwards Brookie kind of lost it's way. In the 80's and 90's though it was unmissable.
    My fav character was also Barry Grant, he was the ultimate soap baddie and so much more menacing than the soap bad boys of today. I used to be on the edge of my seat watching Barry search for the baddie Joey Godden with a sawn of shot gun and when he came back to sort out the Finnegans in Jacqui Dixon's Bar Brookie.
    Happy days :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL yeah they were great years, but actually from 1999 to 2003 i thought were Brilliant in my eyes, maybe because i aint seen much of the older stuff, and with everyone saying the 80's were the best then i cant imagine how good it used to be, thats actually the reason i am running the Brookie DVD Campaign on www.brookside.tk
  • DykeolicousDykeolicous Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine if they showed Brookside and Hollyoaks from the beginning on E4.

Get rid of Friends I say.

Brookside at 8pm Hollyoaks 8:30pm Five days a week and the Omnibus at the weekends. Saturday and Sunday

Only In my dreams.

I have wondered for a long time now why E4 has started showing old Hollyoaks. To put Brookie on from the start would be fantastic. Friends has been overplayed now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah compare early Brookside to early hollyoaks? lol....... you actually cant!
  • maseymaymaseymay Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just imagine if they showed Brookside and Hollyoaks from the beginning on E4.

Get rid of Friends I say.

Brookside at 8pm Hollyoaks 8:30pm Five days a week and the Omnibus at the weekends. Saturday and Sunday

Only In my dreams.

sounds like hell tv to me, thankfully thatll never happen