Options

Debra - Is the flack she gets justified?

13»

Comments

• Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I think the interview stage may be her undoing. If she comes over too harsh or too confrontational the panel will report back to Sugar and say "don't hire her." If she can come over as polite and open to suggestion I think she has a chance but I think Sugar would prefer someone like Kate over Debra.
    I think she's OK. She's far from the most unpleasant ever candidate, as FlaviaCacake suggests - what about Philip and Ben from this series, Michael, Alex and the abominable Jenny C from S4, and Katie from S3?

I agree. She's not as unpleasant as Michael, the so-called nice Jewish boy. He was pretty unpleasant. I would go as far to say none of the candidates in this year's series have been quite as bitchy or rude as some in earlier series. Ben and Phil being the most annoying men this year, with Lorraine and Debra the most annoying women.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reddyb wrote: »
    I don't think she should get so much flack like she has been getting in the boardroom. Ok so she is pretty aggressive when she's bought in there, but I think that's because it's soo intense. Outside when they are doing the day to day tasks and speaking to custeomers/suppliers she seems absolutely fine.

It's easy to give her flack because she doesn't hide or sit on the fence.

She is extremely feisty, so she'll always attract criticism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debra doesn't allow people to see the softer side of her. But sometimes she goes too far. In the last episode the "kiss your feet" comment was unnecessary. Similarly, when watching her talking to one of the channel employees (I can't recall her comment), I remember thinking "can't she display a better behaviour?!".

More capable candidates in previous series did not win because SAS deemed them too risky. It is very hard to second-guess SAS but I would be very surprised if he chose Debra in the end.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    It's been revealed Debra broke Apprentice rules by phoning her parents and telling them she was on a Home Shopping Channel.
    A show source said: “No one could quite believe Debra’s brass neck. To boast about breaking the rules and then show them the recording was astonishing.

I reckon this has killed off any chance of her winning the show. There's a high probability she will go in next week's show.
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    It's been revealed Debra broke Apprentice rules by phoning her parents and telling them she was on a Home Shopping Channel.

I reckon this has killed off any chance of her winning the show. There's a high probability she will go in next week's show.

Next week's show was recorded ages ago so the Daily Mirror (or Express or whatever tabloid it was) claim won't have any impact on it. Only the final hiring decision from among the final 2 hasn't been made yet so it might impact the final (if she's made it that far) but not next week.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suze wrote: »
    Next week's show was recorded ages ago so the Daily Mirror (or Express or whatever tabloid it was) claim won't have any impact on it.
    However, it seems she showed the recording to Lorraine, Kate, Yasmina and James. Those are the other four remaining candidates, so it might have happened between the 10th and 11th task, in which case Sir Alan could have known about it before the interview round.

As long as they believe it didn't affect the TV task, I doubt it would be seen as serious enough to affect her place in the show. There have been rumours of other candidates phoning home when they shouldn't.
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However, it seems she showed the recording to Lorraine, Kate, Yasmina and James. Those are the other four remaining candidates, so it might have happened between the 10th and 11th task, in which case Sir Alan could have known about it before the interview round.

Absolutely agree with you - my point (not made very clearly!) was that anything revealed NOW wouldn't impact next week's show, although it might impact the final hiring decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's ok. I used to work for a very outspoken woman who did frighten some people (especially the men!) but she was basically fair and extremely competent. At least you would know where you stand with Debra, whereas some of the other candidates a a bit more subtle and less trustworthy in their competitiveness.

Although maybe phoning the family was taking things a bit too far and not playing fair.