Options

[UK PACE - NO SPOILERS] Scorpion S3: ITV2, Saturdays from 22.10.2016 (time may vary)

carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
Forum Member
Yes it's nonsense but I love this show :) S3 from a week on Saturday.
DRAMA: Scorpion
On: itv2 (115)
Date: Saturday 22nd October 2016 (starting in 8 days)
Time: 20:50 to 21:50 (1 hour long)

Civil War.
Brand new series of the US military drama. Team Scorpion works with the US navy to outsmart hackers who have taken control of fighter aircraft and ships across the US which contain powerful missiles. With the US forced into nuclear lockdown, can Team Scorpion use their technological expertise to bring down the Bulgarian bad guys?
(New, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 2014, 4 Star)

Starring: Robert Patrick, Elyes Gabel, Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Jadyn Wong, Ari Stidham

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Search for keywords' marker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=1495

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Comments

• Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this in the EPG, glad to see I wasn't imagining things :)
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Should have realised it would be a two-parter. Damn! Hate having to wait a week :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely appreciate that they had a coherent recap, something of a rarity in these days of flash flash random-dialogue-clip flash dramatic-music and either an explosion or fading to black with a half-quote that doesn't mean anything. Or I could be thinking of movie trailers.

Excellent opener for the series though, rogue hackers, total nukular peril, fix a plane's systems with a spirit level and a baked bean tin, this is exactly the kind of thing I watch this for :D

I was worried the relationship stuff was getting too serious but then the comms came back on at the worst possible time, so that's all good then :p

Though usually it's only the baddies and not NPCs* that die, unless that's my memory painting a pretty picture?

* a story-relevant speaking role, definitely up from 'extra' and more complicated than 'hey he forgot his suspiciously heavy briefcase with the wires hanging out' but not so high up the scale that I would necessarily say 'supporting role', or is that the actual definition of it :blush: i.e. much broader than I had thought.
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good episode to open the new season with

As said above it had everything I watch the show for included and when Walter said to himself he loved Paige just as he moved back into an area where Comms work and the whole team heard was perfectly done.

Annoying ITV2 couldn't show them back to back as it was shown in America but as we saw with last years 2 part episode they don;t care about that, they even went on a xmas break during last years and we had to wait about a 4-5 weeks for it to come back on with the concluding half If I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go with pretty much everything except the old lady was so far off the extreme end of the 'uh-huh, sure there was' scale that I thought it was one of those weird 'imagine your own helper' hallucinations.

And (spoiler-tagged because it involves surprise exit strategy and it's only the day after, yes I know that's being overly sensitive)
    the world's shortest landing in the middle of the woods at night with no markings not even a string of battery-powered christmas lights ever, never mind the take-off after that unless Sly is really fast with a rake and/or that road was straighter and less overhung with trees than it looked :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they managed to get the unrequited love thing to be relevant but I really don't think they need to give it quite as much time as it's getting, beyond some lighter moments of unwisely open remarks and Walter learning the true meaning of awkward, there's too much seriousness.

Walter's 'AAA' started out at the right tone, was well matched by Toby's 'HHH' because they both fit with the whole 'this is not a relationship guidance show' thing. There's limits on how far the three-dimensional character building should go. And no, the irony of my telling them to lighten up is not lost on me :blush:

On the physics front, there was more than enough time to sort the aerodynamics for a second and less drastic collision but then the final landing solution wouldn't have been necessary and it did have that necessary style to it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know they managed to get the unrequited love thing to be relevant but I really don't think they need to give it quite as much time as it's getting, beyond some lighter moments of unwisely open remarks and Walter learning the true meaning of awkward, there's too much seriousness.
    Yeah. I FF'd through most of Walt's hallucination.
  • Options
    beauty-1beauty-1 Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I FF'd through most of Walt's hallucination.

I loved Walter's hallucination. I really like the relationship stuff, as well as the science stuff, I think it makes it more exciting. I really don't like Paige's love interest, I want her to be with Walter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    beauty-1 wrote: »
    I loved Walter's hallucination. I really like the relationship stuff, as well as the science stuff, I think it makes it more exciting.
    Yeah. I guess so.
    I really don't like Paige's love interest, I want her to be with Walter.
    Well duh! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just *know* when someone declares what price-tag goes on that irreplaceable artefact that it's going to 'have some work done' :D

No wonder the terrorists failed, all that planning and they spoil it by using a wood drill bit to make a hole in a rock :eek: and Happy doesn't make a rudely sarcastic comment about it :mad:
    beauty-1 wrote: »
    I loved Walter's hallucination. I really like the relationship stuff, as well as the science stuff
    I think there's a fine balance to be had, as long as they don't over-do it - that episode seems to have been their 'get it dealt with' one where we get the full context so we don't keep asking those 'so what happened with' questions.

Similarly, this one was where they got a lot of Toby/Happy context sorted, along with the 'spare Walter' bit which I really did not see coming but on the other hand unless I forgot something, is a back-story add-on that doesn't break anything we've been told before...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...unless I forgot something, is a back-story add-on that doesn't break anything we've been told before...?
    About Walt and Happy being "married" for his Visa? Nope. Entirely new.
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    Do you know, I never realised just how much Ireland looks like Southern California...it's uncanny, isn't it?...:)

Its kinda getting like Doctor Who was in the 70's and 80's. Every alien planet happens to look uncannily like the same quarry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its kinda getting like Doctor Who was in the 70's and 80's. Every alien planet happens to look uncannily like the same quarry.

I was going to make a remark about Blake's 7 simply because I remember they had the occasional rock-decorated scene, but curiosity got the better of me and yet again I experienced the ultimate truth of 'seek and ye shall find' :p

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BBCQuarry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please do not be shooting at the nooklirr wessel :p

And well done to them for just about managing not to make me womit :p at the seasonal good cheer. Except is needed a better ending where Cabe should have said 'start without me I will be back later' when the lightbulb dimly flickered on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who spotted the nod to BTTF in the script? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who spotted the nod to BTTF in the script? :D
    The word 'flux' combined with any suitable complicator* will forever be blessed by association - was there also mention of a hoverboard or am I getting confused with something else? I could have sworn it got a mention somewhere on something I saw recently...

* though calling it a 'flux complicator' would probably be a bit too blatant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't hear that one :blush: I was referring to the "They found me!" line :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I was referring to the "They found me!" line :)
    I don't think I would ever have 'got' that one - I remember a while back someone at work saying 'no - shut them all down' and clearly expecting his colleague to spot that it was in fact a quote from Star Wars - one of those you either have to be properly tuned in to or had seen recently enough for it to resonate, otherwise it doesn't really have enough 'distinguishing features'.

P.S. looks like it's all being repeated from the beginning, original pilot episode back on right now!

P.P.S. obviously by the time anyone sees this it will be too late even for the +1...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks like it's not on again for at least a couple of weeks, is this one of those US mid-season break things they like to do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Almost. They stopped two episodes before the mid-season break and it returned in the US on Jan 2. So we will, again, be treated to the Christmas ep in Feb or March :(

http://epguides.com/scorpion/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost. They stopped two episodes before the mid-season break and it returned in the US on Jan 2. So we will, again, be treated to the Christmas ep in Feb or March :(

http://epguides.com/scorpion/

Right well, forewarned is forearmed, so I'll keep an eye out for the 'special' and have a tub of twiglets* and a pint of brandy at the ready to get in the proper festive mood.

* I looked but couldn't find any cheesy footballs this year, everyone seemed to have run out or it's a regional thing, just like Mum's local shop ran out of mince pies on christmas eve :eek: though fortunately they still had the posh puff-pastry ones that you can dig a hole in the top and fill with ice cream :) but I digress :D and yes I did have one or two of those :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back on, and I nearly missed it! Praise be to the gods of +1 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, sorry. Been meaning to mention it all week but kept forgetting :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry. Been meaning to mention it all week but kept forgetting :blush:
    No problem, catching it in time meant I didn't have to get all sarcastic about it :p

Interesting to see the tar pits again and thankfully getting only a small explosion and not a complete volcano because even I couldn't stretch my forgiveness that far... even with the excellent underwater lamp-helmet improv!

Side-story highlights, 'artisan cookies' and 'fish in a barrel' :D