One Direction story of my life

twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
Forum Member
✭✭
Very Mumford and sons and very different from their other music. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJpbfprVro

Comments

• andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted my opinion in the appreciation thread already... But I didn't necessarily think of Mumford and Sons the first time I heard the song. Understand why you made the comparison though, there are some "folksy" parts in the song.
    Some people are going to "kill" you for that comparison though, how dare you compare these guys to Mumford&Sons :D

I just enjoy it as a good pop song, nice melody, good voices.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done, boys!! i love it!!
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. :D Definitely sounds more mature and very different from their older songs. I also think it suits all of their voices nicely. :)
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song sounds like it was written by Ben Howard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    This song sounds like it was written by Ben Howard.

Does this make you like the song or not? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loving that it has 74 000 Likes since it was uploaded 1 1/2 hours ago... and counting!! :D
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely has a Mumfurd and Sons vibe, just as Gary's new song. But I have to say when the chorus kicked, it totally reminded me of "Everybody in love, go put your hands up" bit from JLS.

Finally something more mature - I don't like them, but at least this song doesn't make me cringe as it is a more mature decent pop song.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    It definitely has a Mumfurd and Sons vibe, just as Gary's new song. But I have to say when the chorus kicked, it totally reminded me of "Everybody in love, go put your hands up" bit from JLS.

Finally something more mature - I don't like them, but at least this song doesn't make me cringe as it is a more mature decent pop song.

Scott Mills mentioned the JLS comparison as well as the lion King but at least no one can say it is WMYB part 76 :D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's not awful and thank god it doesn't sound like their other singles but it's too mumford and sons for me.

But for me their best songs are always on their albums so I didn't expect to like this.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Scott Mills mentioned the JLS comparison as well as the lion King but at least no one can say it is WMYB part 76 :D

Seriously, the Lion King? Where did he hear that?:D As a massive fan of the movie (it warmed my childhood) and the music, I haven't heard anything that reminds me of it.

Anyway, I just hope they just sing this song on the X Factor, no 3 performances like last time please, other artists deserve a slot.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw no it's not terrible. I feared the day they released something that wasn't terrible (law of averages and all that) and it's arrived. We could be in real trouble now:(
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously when are they just going to admit that Louis just can't sing and shouldn't be given solo parts? Just give his to Niall who actually CAN sing.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the first play of this on Radio 1 this afternoon and I didnt think it was that good.

Not just saying this because its 1D as BSE was a really catchy song which I didnt mind.

It will no doubt go top 3 at least though since its 1D. ;)

I did hear the Lion King reference though haha.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Does this make you like the song or not? ;)

I do like it, although I'm kind of embarrassed about it. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never thought I would find it but I have found a good One Direction song!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aw no it's not terrible. I feared the day they released something that wasn't terrible (law of averages and all that) and it's arrived. We could be in real trouble now:(

Oh Joe you disappoint me. Who am I going to spar with now :D
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh Joe you disappoint me. Who am I going to spar with now :D

i'm not retiring, just sitting this round out;)
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    I really like this!

Here's a good video to go with the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyyRuP6LSv4
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    I really like this!

Here's a good video to go with the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyyRuP6LSv4

Aww I love that. :D
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I already said on the AT thread: it's different from their other songs & I like it.
    It bodes hopefully well for the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Seriously, the Lion King? Where did he hear that?:D As a massive fan of the movie (it warmed my childhood) and the music, I haven't heard anything that reminds me of it.

Anyway, I just hope they just sing this song on the X Factor, no 3 performances like last time please, other artists deserve a slot.

Actually listening again I can agree . The ad libs in the chorus give it feel of one of the songs. I will have to check you tube but think it might be matami thingie (forgotton name of song )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I love that. :D

me too... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do they release their singles on a Monday? They're missing out on a whole day of sales compared to other new releases this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Why do they release their singles on a Monday? They're missing out on a whole day of sales compared to other new releases this week.

US charting week starts on a Monday, that's why they chose to have a worldwide release date tomorrow.
    On the other hand, I don't see why they couldn't release it today, we have had the chance to listen to the song since Friday anyway, it's not as if we get to hear it for the first time tomorrow :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    US charting week starts on a Monday, that's why they chose to have a worldwide release date tomorrow.
    On the other hand, I don't see why they couldn't release it today, we have had the chance to listen to the song since Friday anyway, it's not as if we get to hear it for the first time tomorrow :)

True.

I really want them to chart high with this one. Every sale counts. Would have been good if they had today's sales too.