Forum Member
✭✭✭
This should be funny ........

Comments

• Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    It's appalling Hotgossip.

Those girls are desperate and so are the men for other reasons. Mike from Wales is intriguing. He appeared to be naive at the start but I think he's there to get some bonks on his CV.
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Do you find any of the men attractive?" No!. :D
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to feel sorry for these guys.

We know a man of about 70 who went and got a Thai bride. He married her but she says she won't come here as she has an elderly poorly Mum. This has been the case for about 4 years now and he has to go and visit her and also sends her loads of money each month and has bought her a house out there to live in. She's on a winner there because although he's a friendly guy he really is no oil painting and doesn't have good health either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »

The girls faces said it all.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    streetwise wrote: »

And aren't the girls so beautiful.

Look at Mike gaining his confidence at their expense.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

We know a man of about 70 who went and got a Thai bride. He married her but she says she won't come here as she has an elderly poorly Mum. This has been the case for about 4 years now and he has to go and visit her and also sends her loads of money each month and has bought her a house out there to live in. She's on a winner there because although he's a friendly guy he really is no oil painting and doesn't have good health either.

Sounds like a sensible woman to me. :D
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny and sad in equal measures, but if ugly fat lonely English man and poor pretty village Thai can reach an agreement it can work. Most people are together out of convenience anyway this is just a bit more transparent

That whole crying episode just now was hilarious though
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Making the 3 guys out to be very weak, if she really loved him why does she want 2k a day to stay with him ? At least he wised up before 'the family' wanted more, Mike is way out of his depth too, the Ukrainian birds will eat him alive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Sounds like a sensible woman to me. :D

You're not wrong there! Every time I see him he reckons she's coming over and a few weeks later he says she couldn't leave her poorly Mum. Why should she? House provided, loads of money every month, no need to pretend to enjoy sex, etc etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Making the 3 guys out to be very weak, if she really loved him why does she want 2k a day to stay with him ? At least he wised up before 'the family' wanted more, Mike is way out of his depth too, the Ukrainian birds will eat him alive

He'll probably enjoy being eaten alive ;-)
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't understand the 26 yr old looking for a online wife, what's the rush?
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    She'll be bored stiff of Sam soon enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

I do really sorry for Chris. Some connection was made but he's not so daft and desperate as your friend. These men aren't looking for love they're looking for easy teasy sex and a willing housekeeper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    She'll be bored stiff of Sam soon enough.

Just hope that house is rented
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marriage my foot Mike just wanted to get his end away!
  • Options
    Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may be inappropriate but all I could think of was Ting Tong Macadangdang.
  • Options
    QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marriage my foot Mike just wanted to get his end away!

Agreed!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    It's funny and sad in equal measures, but if ugly fat lonely English man and poor pretty village Thai can reach an agreement it can work. Most people are together out of convenience anyway this is just a bit more transparent

That whole crying episode just now was hilarious though

You think that 'most' people in this country are married because it's convenient?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Jesus, I felt sorry for those poor women. The men showcased were all utterly repugnant, self indulgent man-children who were deluded if they thought that what they were doing was anything less than the exploitation of financially desperate women. I disliked the 'jokey jokey' tone of the documentary though...all the girls in my house were watching it with horror, and felt that the subject deserved a more serious treatment.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up really disliking Mike in this programme. He developed quite an ego I think. He was also perhaps at the younger end of the spectrum of males on such trips so may have garnered more interest than the older guys as he's a bit more eligible... possibly.

It is sad sometimes to think that people don't fall in love based on 'who they are' but in reality I suppose this happens all the time - people are attracted to people just because of money, their job, their perceived looks or whatever... it's just made blatant and more 'accepted' in this mail order situation. I don't know how I feel about it really - if both parties agree then I can't criticise them for taking advantage of one another... but I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to that bloke for breaking it up and seeing this sham for what it really is.
    2k a day?? WTF. I think Byron got too greedy.

Loved the tears and breakup though LOL
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Welsh guy was a gormless tool. The fact that the first Ukrainian girl gave it up to him on their second night together gave him a false sense of his own worth. In reality he was a sad, awkward, boring oaf.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    The Welsh guy was a gormless tool. The fact that the first Ukrainian girl gave it up to him on their second night together gave him a false sense of his own worth. In reality he was a sad, awkward, boring oaf.

Agreed. Even the organiser said he was a fool and she will bring it on with the speed dating lol.

He shoild have taken tatiana. She was nice looking, had a decent job and looked sincere. Because she was the first and he struck lucky it gave him a false sense pf hope.

Total fool and im sure he is regretting it now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Agreed. Even the organiser said he was a fool and she will bring it on with the speed dating lol.

He shoild have taken tatiana. She was nice looking, had a decent job and looked sincere. Because she was the first and he struck lucky it gave him a false sense pf hope.

Total fool and im sure he is regretting it now.

The blonde bird had it right 'flustered child'
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the show, but the whole "mail order bride" issue does attract diverse opinions. Whilst I firmly believe that love is certainly not a factor for any of these women, in some cases the guys, as another poster commented, are just looking for an active sex life, with a good looking woman. It is the guys who are, essentially, a meal ticket, and don't even live in the same country as the woman, but are financially supporting her, that I feel sorry for. Then there are those who are just desperate and, consequently, willing to believe her spiel. As in the case of the 70 year old guy, who travels to another country to visit his lady, the adage "There is no fool like an old fool" is, unfortunately quite appropriate.
    Regarding this programme, however, I would question what character of man would take part in such a personally revealing show, and for what reasons? It sounds a bit like the US show "90 days to wed", which I also thought depicted the women as users. But the guys didn't seem stupid and, even when their friends and family questioned their motives, couldn't see the woods for the trees.