Options

DS' Next Top Artist Series 6: Indie Live Show 8!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for Alex & I! :D

Good luck to the remaining six.
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY! And well done to everyone else through. Good luck to those still left in!
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo, thanks guys! Well done to Clare and Sky too :)
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB

and

KITTEN

Well done Kevin, and Aliyah, both safe for another week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Kevin/Aliyah!

Good luck all.
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YAY! Well dne Kev too! Finally Anthems is the week ive been waiting for! Best of luck everyone else
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MILES KANE

Your also safe this week, well done Luke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Nalick
    Foxy Shazam
    Gaslight Anthem

One of you is safe, the other two will face the jury. The last act safe is......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANNA NALICK

Congratulation Louise, your not in the bottom 2 this week.

However it does mean that Gaslight Anthem, and Foxy Shazam, you two are in the bottom, and one of you must leave us tonight.

Jury Rota

Kevin
    Louise
    Zak
    Gav
    Alex
    Luke
    Ali

Please state the name of the act you want to save. The act with the most votes, advances through to next week. Lets start with Kevin then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(Omg
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay, right well I do like Foxy but this wasn't their best performance, Gaslight was great tonight but I haven't liked them as much as Foxy in the competition so I save Foxy Shazam!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Ali.

Foxy Shazam - 1
    Gaslight Anthem - 0

Louise saves...... GASLIGHT ANTHEM

Foxy Shazam - 1
    Gaslight Anthem - 1

Zak your next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these both acts about the same amount I think, which means I'm going to have to base my vote on how well I believe each act can do in the competition. I believe Foxy Shazam can progress further so I will be saving them.

Sorry Dandem. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Zak

Foxy Shazam - 2
    Gaslight Anthem - 1

Gav your up
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am saving the Gaslight Anthem, sorry Jack & good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gav

Foxy Shazam - 2
    Gaslight Anthem - 2

Alex, you're the next to vote....
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to save the act that has always been higher in my vote: Foxy Shazam. Sorry to Dandem!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Alex.

Foxy Shazam - 3
    Gaslight Anthem - 2

Luke says:
    'While Dandem chose my favourite TGA song (which makes it even harder to send them home) I still can't go against Foxy Shazam, they've had a better run and I want it extended, their music is so appealing to my ears and I just love Jack's mentoring of them, so the act I save tonight is Foxy, I don't have any digs at other acts, this is such a strong field and I'm proud to still be here'

Which means with only one vote left, Foxy Shazam have been saved, congratulations Jack.

However its commiserations to The Gaslight Anthem and Dandem, you'll be missed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indie Live Show 9 Theme: Anthems and Inspirations

I'm just copying what Nail said, cause I can :p

Anthems:

This is an NTA favourite and one that has been used in every series since NTA2 I think! Basically send any song that you feel is anthemic, this can be down to your own interpretation, however generally people seem to go with one of the artist's most famous songs or a song with particular strong meaning! You may send a little bit of text alongside your song saying why you think it's an anthem if you want to!

Inspirations:

Lots of music is the result of some kind of inspiration, so this theme is basically a song that is inspired by anything. This is quite a broad theme, so we ask that you must send a piece of text alongside the song, explaining what it's inspired from!

Like Niall, I have to have the show a day early next week. Dad's off to F1 for the weekend, but when he's back on Monday, have to go out for dinner.

So, next show is on Sunday, so songs in for Saturday night, at the latest. And make sure you get your mainstream songs in for Tuesday, to Niall.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw commiserations Dandem and Gaslight, have really enjoyed them in the competition :( Happy Foxy are safe though and actually really surprised they were in this position as I loved their song this week and they got my top ranking!

And yeah Mainstream is a day early this week so will need songs by tomorrow! Will send some reminders in a minute :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all. So bit of change of plan. So i am actually going to F1 this weekend. Surprise birthday present from my dad, thought he was going with a friend. Anyways that means that i will only be getting home late Sunday night. And then not doing dinner anymore. So next show is at the normal day of Monday, get your songs in then for Sunday night, it'll be latish when i send the list around, so plenty of time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all. Got back last night, and just passed out for tiredness, so just up now. Unfortunately, our broadband isn't working, sending this from a phone. A person should be along some time today to fix it. But if they come too late, I'll have to postpone the show until tomorrow, as I have other college stuff to do online, and I don't want to only give people a few hours to vote. But I'll let you know when it's fixed, and if we'll have the show tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dyl can we hav the show tomorrow as I wont be online till later tonight