Options

Any Cassie fans? (from the song Me and You)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's basically been releasing her 2nd album, Electro Love, for about 5 years now lol and it still hasn't come out. She's said that it's coming out next year, but she said that the year before last too so wouldn't get your hopes up lol. But UNTIL then, some idiot/genius leaked LOADS of her demos, and there are some brilliant songs in the mix. I've loved the girl since she came out, not an amazing singer, but she brings something different to all the other girls. Plus she's probably one of the best looking women I have ever seen. Here's one of the leaked songs, which i love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYneNWy2tw
Called Skydiver, think Timbaland produced it but not sure.

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yep, I'm a fan, loved her first album. Am puzzled about the second album though, why was it not released? I was looking forward to the album :(
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm a fan too and I loved her first album. It's annoying that 'Electro Love' was never released. We all know who's fault that is.....P. Diddy. He just doesn't know how to treat his artists. She shoulda left him a long time ago. I liked her single Official Girl, but it didn't do well.

Here's the link for Skydiver because the link above leads to a Michelle Williams vocal tribute lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4whnVJacuOY

Another one of her leaks which I like is 'Nobody But You'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMWJFPV2yo
  • Options
    mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    'Is It You' is such a tuunneee
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Never liked her songs but it's ridiculous how long it has taken to do a second album. It's been delayed so many times. I doubt she is still living off the royalties made from album 1
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've got that on my ipod, it's good. I think it was on the Step Up 2 soundtrack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    OMG I remember her. I only have Me and You and Long Way To Go on my ipod tho!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I like that song too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    OMG I remember her. I only have Me and You and Long Way To Go on my ipod tho!!!!!!!!!!

I have those songs on my ipod as well, I love 'em! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ me putting the wrong link. How silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Never liked her songs but it's ridiculous how long it has taken to do a second album. It's been delayed so many times. I doubt she is still living off the royalties made from album 1

She get's most of her money from modelling, appearances, sponsors etc. Besides, she's meant to be Diddy's girlfriend, don't think she ever needs to make money again lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She get's most of her money from modelling, appearances, sponsors etc. Besides, she's meant to be Diddy's girlfriend, don't think she ever needs to make money again lol.

Oh? Does that mean the album won't be released?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh? Does that mean the album won't be released?

She said recently that it's going to be coming out next year. One of the reasons for the delay is that Bad Boy and Diddy moved over to Interscope records, and Cassie was one of the few that Interscope signed. So they will be releasing her next thing. Diddy really believes in her and will no doubt push her as much as he can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She said recently that it's going to be coming out next year. One of the reasons for the delay is that Bad Boy and Diddy moved over to Interscope records, and Cassie was one of the few that Interscope signed. So they will be releasing her next thing. Diddy really believes in her and will no doubt push her as much as he can.

Well we'll see what happens. I look forward to it anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sadly I doubt this will happen very much. Don't know if you heard of groups called Danity Kane and Day26, but they were groups put together on his reality show 'Making The Band. Danity Kane had 2 Platinum selling albums, mainly from the strength of the fans who watch the show, but he never promoted them. Same with Day26, the had a No.1 album, but again no promotion. I think Danity Kane in particular could of been huge if he made an effort. Funny how his been promoting the hell out of his Diddy Dirty Money thing, so I guess people are right when they say he's only out to make money for himself.

Unless Cassie moves labels I can't see much for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Bad Boy, she's on a different label now, Diddy isn't going to be the top guy that makes all the decisions anymore.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    this is supposed to be her new single
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4hGteES5w&feature=related

i hope she does actually release an album and doesnt just become one of those artists who sinks into the abyss only to be found on youtube!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ It's not a bad song. I like Me and You and Long Way to Go better though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's basically been releasing her 2nd album, Electro Love, for about 5 years now lol and it still hasn't come out. She's said that it's coming out next year, but she said that the year before last too so wouldn't get your hopes up lol. But UNTIL then, some idiot/genius leaked LOADS of her demos, and there are some brilliant songs in the mix. I've loved the girl since she came out, not an amazing singer, but she brings something different to all the other girls. Plus she's probably one of the best looking women I have ever seen. Here's one of the leaked songs, which i love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYneNWy2tw
    Called Skydiver, think Timbaland produced it but not sure.

Yeah, she's very beautiful even though I'm not feeling the half-shaven head still. She's not a brilliant singer imo but she had some pretty nice songs in 2006 (Was it?)
    I loved Long Way 2 Go, Me & You, Official Girl. And she can dance too and acted in Step Up 2, so it's good for her since she can also model and be a video girl too. So in that sense her name is still on some people's mouths. Maybe this time around she could do more dancing?
    For me to get her album/singles her songs have to be really nice and catchy, like they were the first time round because she can still work it even if her voice isn't too strong I guess.
    The worry is she's left to much 'lag time' between her first album and this next one to be successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was Bad Boy, she's on a different label now, Diddy isn't going to be the top guy that makes all the decisions anymore.
    Oh yeah. Well I hope they promote her good. It's a shame that it's taken this long.
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    this is supposed to be her new single
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4hGteES5w&feature=related

i hope she does actually release an album and doesnt just become one of those artists who sinks into the abyss only to be found on youtube!
    I got that song but it's a different version. I used to be able to find it easily on youtube, but the only one I can find is the Blue Trance Edit. You must be right. I like it and it fits in with the current sound. Hope it does well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got "Is It You" stuck in my head now after reading this thread! :o:p Not that I mind though, I like the song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a major fan at the time, I loved her album. I played it over and over and I sometimes still wonder what happened to her. Miss her. Hope she can get the record company to release it. Were her sales good for the first album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No that was already "released" under bad boy and flopped. So glad, hope she keeps it strictly rnb/hiphop/pop because that's where her voice fits best. She can't compete with the Britney's and Gaga's or Rihanna's in the dance lane, so leave it alone. They said they are creating a "custom" sound for her, not sure what that means lol.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Sadly I doubt this will happen very much. Don't know if you heard of groups called Danity Kane and Day26, but they were groups put together on his reality show 'Making The Band. Danity Kane had 2 Platinum selling albums, mainly from the strength of the fans who watch the show, but he never promoted them. Same with Day26, the had a No.1 album, but again no promotion. I think Danity Kane in particular could of been huge if he made an effort. Funny how his been promoting the hell out of his Diddy Dirty Money thing, so I guess people are right when they say he's only out to make money for himself.

Unless Cassie moves labels I can't see much for her.

Tbh he is already sleeping with cassie so he dont want to over do it to make it look like she is his favourite
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Love her old songs, very pretty as well.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad to hear she has some new stuff coming out..she reminds me of Aaliyah

Just one night was cool as well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQztvvE3go