Options

Dumbest things you've ever heard people you know say?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I had a lodger from Dublin and she once said 'I came home last night and there was a really dark light on'

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    A friend once asked me what Bee Movie was about
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody once told me that because women have a higher pain threshold that a man being punched in the arm is 20 times more painful than a women giving childbirth. He also happened to be a misogynistic bigot so take from that what you will.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend once asked me what Bee Movie was about

:D

when I used to work in a pub one night a week I once got asked "how big is a 9 inch pizza?"
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Various racist slurs and assorted bigoted viewpoints.
  • Options
    NorthernAngelNorthernAngel Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister inlaw was getting a new car from a different part of the country. She told me she drove there 70mph but only 50mph back because ' she didn't want to rack up more mileage' in her new car :confused:
    She argued with me when I tried to explain its the same distance no matter how fast you drive!
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't dare shoot. Mark Duggan. :cool:
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone I know once told me how much she liked jacket potatoes and that when she went out to a restuarant she always asked for them. She then added that she wished she had the recipe for them so that she could make them herself. :confused:

The same person once said that she had watched a TV programme about Australia and thought it looked good there. She then added that she thought she might go on holiday there because it wasn't very far away. :(
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I knew once was convinced that New York was the capital of the US.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Someone I knew once was convinced that New York was the capital of the US.

Well TBF I can see why some people would think that as when you think of the US New York is where most people think of it seems to have most of the famous landmarks most of the big movies and TV shows seem to be set there
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well TBF I can see why some people would think that as when you think of the US New York is where most people think of it seems to have most of the famous landmarks most of the big movies and TV shows seem to be set there

Yep. That and Sydney being the capital of Australia. Such a common misconception that you sometimes have to point it out in an atlas before people believe you.

I'd never make that mistake, mind. :cool:
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isn't America in Eurovision?
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cousin went to a wedding in Stellenbosch, South Africa, and said that she couldn't understand why she was so tired when she got off the plane in Cape Town, as it was only 2 hours ahead of U.K. time.
    I said, "But you were on the plane for 12 hours, watching movies and reading magazines."
    She said, "What difference does that make? I got off the plane around 07.10 in Cape Town, but my watch was on London time, and said 05.10, why was I tired?"
    No matter what anyone said, she wouldn't have it.
    Yes, she is blonde by the way.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should "Rewind and come again"...
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The IRA are protestant.

When driving to Scotland from Liverpool. Mate said 'we haven't been thru Wales yet'.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isn't America in Eurovision?

Ha ha ha.
    Reminds me of another two geographical ones.

Africa is a country.

Pakistan is the capital of India.
    And also...
    India is muslim.
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I had a mate who couldn't get his head around the idea that Chinese people thought in chinese and not english the look of confusion while he tried to figure it out was classic

He never did figure it out he argued it for a while he actually is that thick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said to me once that Rain (Yes, from the sky) was in fact dirty water!

...Yes, dirty water.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Manchester United "fan" I know, I asked him where old trafford is and he said "Well I know it isn't in Manchester, London?"
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    I had a mate who couldn't get his head around the idea that Chinese people thought in chinese and not english the look of confusion while he tried to figure it out was classic

He never did figure it out he argued it for a while he actually is that thick

there is an argument to say that you don't actually think in any language, as thought is conceptual.

by your argument are you saying that you also think in your local accent as well?
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DrSleep wrote: »

...Yes, dirty water.

i suppose it depends on what the definition of clean water is.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Isn't George Harrison Ringo Starr?" It took me a long time to work out I was being asked if they were the same man.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...Yes, dirty water.

Well it will be clean when it begins it's fall from the sky, but I imagine it could be contaminated slightly by pollution depending where it falls.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edit because I'm a dimwit
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Islam is peaceful!!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

...Yes, dirty water.

While is it isn't exactly dirty water I imagine most people wouldn't want to drink it unless it was a last resort.