Enjoy your holiday Elly! :cool::kitty:

lol, that's cool. We've been there and still are :blush:

Elly, have a wonderful cruise! :cool:
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I obviously am so that I imagined it, oh dear, this is never good :D:blush:
    Enjoy your holiday Elly! :cool::kitty:

I really thought we might get SOMETHING between Ben and Johnny this episode, even if it was just a look. This is like Danny and Johnny all over again, always searching for the tiniest little hint. :D And I'm not even sure I went them to get together, but I'd like to know where this is all headed. Maybe it will all be a little clearer by the time I come back from holiday. ;-)

And thank you guys! Unless there is a Johnny development of some sort overnight, this will probably be my last post for a couple of weeks. Happy Johnny watching! :cool: :kitty:
  • andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly also thought there would be some Johnny/Ben interaction in the episode, but oh well. :) Guess we'll have to wait for the next episode to see (2nd october) .
  • Al_StackAl_Stack Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Starting to think there is nothing planned for them in the near future. There are so many other storylines going on I'm worried Johnny might get pushed to the sides for the rest of the year! :(
  • Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah not much of Johnny last night :( , and though pink isn't his best colour he still looked very cute! :kitty::blush:

Have an amazing time on your cruise, elly! :)

Like I said many a time before, its unlikely that we'll see a Johnny/Ben relationship (if that does happen) this side of Christmas. Harry Reid confirmed in interviews that there won't be romance for Ben anytime soon and Johnny looked unnerved in that brief scene where Ben was checking him out the other day. Maybe that brief scene last week was just meant to get fans speculating rather than necessarily confirm anything.

Johnny does need a big storyline soon though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also is today the Inside Soap Awards? If so, everyone try keep an eye out for Sam Strike pics online - and also fingers crossed for him getting Best Newcomer :)
  • Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'd like to hope that if Johnny/Ben does happen that Ben would treat Johnny right like the gorgeous prince Johnny is (Johnny is way out of Ben's league so Ben would have work to do). Tbh the storyline would be more amplified if it was mutual true love between them rather than say an abusive or not so nice relationship. Yeah I don't want poor old Johnny in danger - and I can see Ben possibly becoming obsessed with the 'If I can't have him no-one can' mentality - a good part of the reason why I want Johnny to steer clear.

I wouldn't say Danny was right for Johnny either - but I'd rather Danny than Ben.

Johnny will be in his pink shirt this week me thinks (as the wedding day goes over most of this week). Not his best colour but still cute as hell. :kitty:

And don't thank me, thank Strawberry Kick! :)

Yes, I really want Johnny to steer clear of Ben, Ben just has so much baggage and has so many issues to deal with (not all his fault, that horrid Stella woman has a lot to answer for). I'm thinking that some residents of the Square would never be able to forgive Ben for Heather's death, and if Johnny was to become his boyfriend, then he might also be tarred with the same brush (which would be totally unfair, but it could happen!) Guilt with association and all that. Though it would be nice, like you said, if it was just a simple love story with no abusiveness thrown into the mix.

Danny isn't really right for Johnny, agreed, he was kind of messing both Lucy and Johnny around. I'm thinking of it purely in a more aesthetically pleasing way for me, based on the hotness factor of Danny and Johnny! But yeah, in terms of commitment and being a loyal boyfriend, Danny does not exactly have very high standards in those areas, but I would still prefer Johnny to be with him than Ben!

Last night was the long-awaited pink shirt episode! I thought that both Johnny and Lee looked hot in their pink shirts and bowties. Shame they were relegated to, like, about 3 seconds of the episode though!

Oh yes, and a big thank you to Strawberry Kick for the Tumblr! Love it!
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I would love this so much. Danny was SO hot. But alas, I think they kept Gary Lucy around only long enough for Johnny's coming out storyline.

Ha, I knew that as soon as I went on holiday he'd be in it every day. At least I'll have lots of lovely Johnny to catch up on when I get back. :D

So true, he was SO hot. I was so disappointed when he left EE earlier in the year! Never mind though, at least we have Johnny (and Dean and Lee... oh and Peter and Mick) to provide some eye candy to console us. I agree, they only kept GL as a device to introduce Johnny's coming-out story, and when that was wrapped up, he was gone!! So unfair. Never mind, at least there are some nice clips of him in EastEnders on YouTube so I can relive his hotness and pretend he never left.
    Enjoy your holiday BTW!
    Thank you, lovely people :kitty::D

:blush: Thank you for the fab Tumblr, you've done a great job on it! Loads of pics of Johnny looking very cute (as always), you've got a great choice of pictures! I'm going to be a regular visitor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah man! Inside Soap Awards - Emmerdale got the Newcomer award this time around for Ross Barton. Nancy and Johnny were robbed again. :(

The Carters did get Best Family though :):)

And Danny Dyer got Best Actor.

Really wanted Johnny/Sam to get Best Newcomer, only one out of the regular nominees who hasn't won for one of the Soap Awards now :( He really deserved it as well. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517365790774157312 :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

There are no words. Apart from...............wow. Like.........wow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517365790774157312 :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

There are no words. Apart from...............wow. Like.........wow.

Whoa...but I really shouldn't be surprised :blush: That man is so fine :blush::D

I really think Sam would have a better chance at winning Best Newcomer if Johnny had been featured alot more, but oh well. I hope and do think that dtc has lined something big for our Johnny for the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoa...but I really shouldn't be surprised :blush: That man is so fine :blush::D

I really think Sam would have a better chance at winning Best Newcomer if Johnny had been featured alot more, but oh well. I hope and do think that dtc has lined something big for our Johnny for the future.

https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517373325707063296

https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517368716217294848

Seriously he is so damn fine. I just want him to run over to me and surprise kiss me. :blush::kitty:

Well, Johnny/Sam is the winner in my eyes anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517373325707063296

https://twitter.com/InsideSoapMag/status/517368716217294848

Seriously he is so damn fine. I just want him to run over to me and surprise kiss me. :blush::kitty:

Well, Johnny/Sam is the winner in my eyes anyway.

BIB: exactly why I wrote "oh well" in my text :)
    Forum Member
    Johnny news:
    http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-spoiler-ben-makes-a-move-on-johnny.php#results

Looks like it'll just be a kiss and a rebuff to me. Doesn't sound like a full on relationship anyway!
  • Rooney14Rooney14 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Al_Stack wrote: »
    Johnny news:
    http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-spoiler-ben-makes-a-move-on-johnny.php#results

Looks like it'll just be a kiss and a rebuff to me. Doesn't sound like a full on relationship anyway!

Hi guys, haven't been on in a while, been quite busy, like Johnny I'm at uni and it's just been hectic lately, but I'm loving the fact that Johnny is featuring more and the Carters have big plots coming up, I just hope they keep developing Johnny and that he continues to feature as much as possible.

Not too sure how I feel about this news tbh, I'm happy we'll be seeing more of Johnny in the near future and that he feels comfortable and confident in himself and his sexuality that he can help someone else to feel the same, but I'm not sure about the pairing with Ben, what do you guys think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny news:

Finally there'll be some more scenes between them. So excited for this! And to learn that Johnny is helping Ben come to terms with his sexuality is great I think. Granted, they are two comepletely different people, but if a friendship can be built after Ben makes his move- I'm all for it! :D Or, is this just the first step towards them becoming a couple? :)

Hi Rooney14, nice to have you back! :) I look forward to the upcoming Carter SLs, as we're bound to see more of Johnny- hopefully!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said in another thread - maybe Johnny becomes more of a buddy type figure to Ben. But for the foreseeable future I still can't see Johnny fancying Ben.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watch-blurry-eyed-sam-strike-drink-4364602

Not too pleased with the Mirror for this.

I for one can understand what Sam is saying just fine, just a newspaper trying to get a less than positive article about Sam. And so what if he's had a few? If I was him I'd have a few drinks. He's had a hard and very good and successful year bless him. :)

That said on The Mirror's Twitter they're citing Sam as a legend for it. Still seems a bit silly and OTT doing an article for it though.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said in another thread - maybe Johnny becomes more of a buddy type figure to Ben. But for the foreseeable future I still can't see Johnny fancying Ben.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watch-blurry-eyed-sam-strike-drink-4364602

Not too pleased with the Mirror for this.

I for one can understand what Sam is saying just fine, just a newspaper trying to get a less than positive article about Sam. And so what if he's had a few? If I was him I'd have a few drinks. He's had a hard and very good and successful year bless him. :)

That said on The Mirror's Twitter they're citing Sam as a legend for it. Still seems a bit silly and OTT doing an article for it though.

Hold the front page, young man gets drunk at an awards ceremony. I'm more interested why Danny Dyer randomly mentions Lisa Stansfield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Hold the front page, young man gets drunk at an awards ceremony. I'm more interested why Danny Dyer randomly mentions Lisa Stansfield.

Thats the media I guess :confused:

Hope they leave Sam Strike alone though, its not like the actor is a party head - he's even mentioned that in a number of interviews in the past. He's earnt those drinks from hard work paying off.

Maybe they were all drunk and the press decided to focus on Sam as he's (imo) the next biggest star of the core Carter family (Mick/Linda/Lee/Nancy/Johnny) after Danny Dyer.
    Forum Member
    Its quite cute I think. If you want to see more drunk Sam Strike, and imagine being that trophy, watch this one:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/inside-soap-awards-danny-dyers-4361585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its quite cute I think. If you want to see more drunk Sam Strike, and imagine being that trophy, watch this one:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/inside-soap-awards-danny-dyers-4361585

It is very cute :kitty:

I quite like drunk Sam Strike. :D I prefer him sober but he's cute when he's drunk too. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very cute :kitty:

I quite like drunk Sam Strike. :D I prefer him sober but he's cute when he's drunk too. :kitty:

Sam is a cute drunk. There are other types of drunkeness, but thankfully my Sam is the cute kind :blush:
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice Ben going for Johnny tonight and Lee protecting him? Very sweet.:)
    Forum Member
    Yeah what did Johnny actually say to Billy? Couldn't make it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee standing up for Johnny tonight was very sweet. Wish Ben would go away but we have a confirmation of at least a friendship between Johnny and Ben now.

Johnny said that the Mitchells were 'some business' sarcastically - which caused Ben to get all heated.
    Cutely outspoken of Johnny but definitely justified, given he just found out Phil cheated on Sharon (his close friend) and messed about his aunt (gran) - both of whom have been very supportive of Johnny and his sexuality despite their rift.
    Forum Member
    More pics here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2777695/From-winners-sinners-Danny-Dyer-Nikki-Sandersojn-look-worse-wear-following-Inside-Soap-Awards.html

DM seems to think he is getting it on with 36yo Steph Waring, which seems unlikely. Given that its the DM I'm inclined to ignore it and just look at the pictures. Must say though, seeing Sam smoking is a bit of a turn off :(