Options

Another DOI relationship break up - Matt

Comments

• Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting on this happening TBH. Timing seems a bit suspect given its just in time to get him votes to get him through the semi final into the final but that aside have been waiting on this.

Brianne also seems to be the habit of hooking up with DOI celebs and people say Sylvain is bad:rolleyes: at least he was with Jen 2 years. Brianne seems to change boyfriend to suit the season. Just from watching some of the looks between her and Matt in recent weeks and the way she kept referring to him as her bubba on twitter had started to make me suspect all was not quite right.

Do have a feeling they are going to try and pull out the sympathy vote though which I really hope the public don't fall for.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    I've been waiting on this happening TBH. Timing seems a bit suspect given its just in time to get him votes to get him through the semi final into the final but that aside have been waiting on this.

Brianne also seems to be the habit of hooking up with DOI celebs and people say Sylvain is bad:rolleyes: at least he was with Jen 2 years. Brianne seems to change boyfriend to suit the season. Just from watching some of the looks between her and Matt in recent weeks and the way she kept referring to him as her bubba on twitter had started to make me suspect all was not quite right.

Do have a feeling they are going to try and pull out the sympathy vote though which I really hope the public don't fall for.

He's been doing that ever since being in the skate off! :D
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/134455-dancing-on-ice-2013-matt-lapinskas-girlfriend-dumps-him-over-brianne-delcourt.html
    sounds like Shona is not as tolerant as Michael Vaughan's wife :D
    MV and Natalie Lowe were so touchy feely and gushing on SCD (more than Matt and Brianne) that it was creepy to watch.
    If true, wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Shona got back together once the pressure of the show has ceased and Matt does the tour without Brianne.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shona McGarty ‏@ShonaBM
    The headlines are NOT true!! As if I'd let @BrianneTV do that!! X mwah! Much love!! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    According to Shona they are still an item,Brianne said they are just good friends.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/134455-dancing-on-ice-2013-matt-lapinskas-girlfriend-dumps-him-over-brianne-delcourt.html

MV and Natalie Lowe were so touchy feely and gushing on SCD (more than Matt and Brianne) that it was creepy to watch.
    If true, wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Shona got back together once the pressure of the show has ceased and Matt does the Celebs tour without Brianne.

I don't think that's true - I just think Michael and Natalie were great friends and their partnership was great.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Shona McGarty ‏@ShonaBM
    The headlines are NOT true!! As if I'd let @BrianneTV do that!! X mwah! Much love!! ;)
    herejohno wrote: »
    According to Shona they are still an item,Brianne said they are just good friends.

maybe that's why the Mirror article has been removed ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still find it a tad suspicious especially if its been cooked up to try and get him more votes but guess we will need to wait and see.

If true then I honestly can't blame Shona if not then shame on them all for trying to cook up some more publicity for him before the semi final tonight.

I still find the way Matt and Brianne are with each other a bit strange IMO they have seemed more of an item than Samia and Sylvain do who are allegedy together.
  • Options
    sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brianne seems like a homewrecker tacky girl indeed.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Funny this story comes out the day of the semi final, anyone would think they had just cooked up some press attention to get more votes, seeing as they have been quick to deny it. :rolleyes: Hopefully it comes back to bite them on the bum :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    Funny this story comes out the day of the semi final, anyone would think they had just cooked up some press attention to get more votes, seeing as they have been quick to deny it. :rolleyes: Hopefully it comes back to bite them on the bum :D

Likewise found the timing of this rather suspect. I know it won't happen but would love for him to go tonight.

I have found the "relationship" between them verging on creepy when someone is in a relationship with someone else you don't go around calling them your bubba etc and just the way she sometimes looks at him just find it a bit off.

Hopefully the public will see through this for whatever it is be at a publicity attempt or otherwise. Also can see them having Phillip dragging up about the bad media this week upsetting him because of this and the Ulrika stuff so people have to vote for him and no doubt the judges will mark him so far out of the league of anyone else regardless of how he performs to try and keep him out of the skate off.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Likewise found the timing of this rather suspect. I know it won't happen but would love for him to go tonight.

I have found the "relationship" between them verging on creepy when someone is in a relationship with someone else you don't go around calling them your bubba etc and just the way she sometimes looks at him just find it a bit off.

Hopefully the public will see through this for whatever it is be at a publicity attempt or otherwise. Also can see them having Phillip dragging up about the bad media this week upsetting him because of this and the Ulrika stuff so people have to vote for him and no doubt the judges will mark him so far out of the league of anyone else regardless of how he performs to try and keep him out of the skate off.

Yea, hasn't Brianne been with a couple of her partners from DOI in the past? If they both had been single i would probably had a bet on that they would have became an item aswell. I honestly couldn't care less about either, both actually seem quite full of themselves so maybe a good match :p

My other thought is that Matt isn't all that popular with the voters so the doi people are trying to get some press that could get him some sympathy, he seems to have had a bit of attention this week with this and the Ulrika stuff. Wouldn't bet against a completely different vt this week either, emotional matt or fun loving Matt? ;)
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shona has said the headline isn't true but she didn't confirm that they are still together. Apparently she did not turn up to a birthday bash organised for him last week either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, hasn't Brianne been with a couple of her partners from DOI in the past? If they both had been single i would probably had a bet on that they would have became an item aswell. I honestly couldn't care less about either, both actually seem quite full of themselves so maybe a good match :p

My other thought is that Matt isn't all that popular with the voters so the doi people are trying to get some press that could get him some sympathy, he seems to have had a bit of attention this week with this and the Ulrika stuff. Wouldn't bet against a completely different vt this week either, emotional matt or fun loving Matt? ;)

She wasn't partnered with Danny Young on the show but got together with him while on tour and that has been on/off over the last few years although it seems off when she has needed publicity in the show i.e the Sam Attwater "showmance" although they claim they were actually together although I have my doubts as I'm sure Danny somewhere after that had been talking about the length of time him and Brianne had been together which didn't tie up with her being with Sam. I'm guessing had Seb not been married she may have made a play for him and all with Kieron he came out when he started doing DOI so he was out of bounds but she does seem to get perhaps over attached to some of her partners. Notably IMO the ones she hasn't been able to get "close to" haven't done quite as well, Kieron came third and Seb well I know it was his meltdown that caused him to leave but I felt she was very detached from him in their routines and didnt seem that happy being partnered with him.

I have to agree on the voting thing as well and wonder if that is why the judges keep putting him top of the leaderboard to try and keep him out of the skate off because the public aren't voting for him. This is why I hope the public see through the judges manipulation and vote for the others particulary Beth and Gareth although as bad as it sounds I would almost like a Matt Gareth skate off tonight with Gareth being saved which over Matt athough on second thoughts Matt could probably just sit on the ice and sulk and still be saved in the skate off so maybe not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    If this breakup is for votes surely it would backfire and lose him votes.Someone inside who leaked the lead might just have egg on their face now.I think Matt is a little too young for Brianne.
  • Options
    wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know Matt & Shona were a couple
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Brianne seems like a homewrecker tacky girl indeed.

It takes two to tango you know, its not always the woman's fault! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brianne isn't averse to fauxmance rumours in an attempt to drum up the public vote.

Remember this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1356471/Dancing-On-Ice-2011-Sam-Attwater-admits-Brianne-Delcourt-romance-fake.html

and this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1354729/Dancing-On-Ice-couple-Sam-Attwater-Brianne-Delcourt-whirlwind-romance.html

Now we see her 'caught' on camera with Matt; If the couple can't get there via performance and popularity Brianne isn't averse to fueling the fauxmance rumours in attempt to swing the vote.

Of course Matt is no better. He's already shed the tears, wheeled out his nan and reminded viewers (and voters) of his birthday.

Wonder what vote catching contrivance we can expect this week.

Just hope the GBP don't fall for it.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldnt put it past them. All seems very convenient timing wise. ;)
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Oddschecker with most betting providers his odds are drifting again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Shona McGarty ‏@ShonaBM
    tobi wrote: »
    Shona has said the headline isn't true but she didn't confirm that they are still together. Apparently she did not turn up to a birthday bash organised for him last week either

^this ... unless Shona had other commitments ... but it does seem odd and the couple of philisophical tweets from her tie in with her not being happy with someone

"As if I'd let @BrianneTV do that!!"

is an odd thing to say and seems a bit of a dig at Brianne

and I find it odd that Brianne keeps referring to Matt as her "best" friend ..... she's only known him a couple of months, surely she has more longstanding "best" friends
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If true, wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Shona got back together once the pressure of the show has ceased and Matt does the tour without Brianne.

That wasn't creepy, he was just respecting her ability to teach him to dance. What was creepy was Richard Arnold groping Erin every second, but because everyone knows he's gay, the papers never bothered to upset Erin's husband with silly rumours.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I simply took that as them getting on really well, and I don't think they went overboard to the stage of creepiness.

Michael also said that Natalie got on really well with his wife so...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brianne Delcourt‏@BrianneTV
    @mattylapinskas and I have become Best Friends....END OF!!!!!! He's been my little angel throughout some tough times this year! Leave us be!

Shona McGarty‏@ShonaBM
    Thanx 4 support guys! Yes its true Matt and I have split but it has NOTHING 2 do with Brianne. Clear head and new beginnings! Mwah xx

hmm the "As if I'd let @BrianneTV do that!! " makes me think that there's a bit of tension there between the two girls