Dissapointed in the pricing remodel

2»

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have taken the piss.

They had a complicated packaging system, so they simplified it to what we had last year, and now they are complicating it again...
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benwarwick wrote: »
    Just tell them that you want your package reduced by the amount you used to pay, if you read your contract booklet it clearly states that they cant take any channels of you without reasonable notice.
    I can't see this in the T&Cs. Where is it please?
  • daveellisdaveellis Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    "They refuse to do this because there's no way of doing it without putting me in a new contract, which I don't want.

However, they say they are able to terminate my account immediately even though I'm still in a contract. So I don't even know what their reasoning is any more "

hi DragonQ just to let you know i canceld sport and HD last month giving the 31days notice to find next day i had lost sport and hd plus could not record or watch anything recored.after three phone calls at my expense they turned it back on .then after 31 days they stopped sport the HD and the record and playback .so another phone call and they put me back to the subscription i was paying for Sky Entertainment Extra
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. From what I can gather, based on your post and the replies I've had from customer support, they can re-enable my channels (just by putting me on the new packages, and then putting a note on my account to cancel without charges later this month), they just won't.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    So I got a reply from the executive support team on behalf of Mr Darroch. Same answer, there's no way to get my HD channels back.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this farcical company.

How can I take this complaint higher? The OFCOM website says BSkyB is regulated by Ombudsman Services: Communications but I can't see anything on their website regarding TV companies.

To be honest, it's probably gone as far as it can go now. You could always report your case to Watchdog to see if they are able to take the story up as a consumer issue (they do have some general advice here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/consumer-advice).

Sometimes, the only thing you can do is just change service provider and move on.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    So I got a reply from the executive support team on behalf of Mr Darroch. Same answer, there's no way to get my HD channels back.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this farcical company.

How can I take this complaint higher? The OFCOM website says BSkyB is regulated by Ombudsman Services: Communications but I can't see anything on their website regarding TV companies.

It ridiculous as it's only a bloody computer setting not allowing them as they don't have the 'privileges' to do it. Why don't they hand it over to someone who does have th access rights to set it by hand?

All this "We can't" when it's their bloody computer system. Pass it to the head of encryption security as I'm sure he can't set it to whatever he wants.

These companies talk crap sometimes.

And as we know it's just one number that needs to be sent to your card to set the corrent entitlements. Surely in cases like this, someone high up can set and send it by hand. And if they can't them they need to ask their programmer to change it so they can.

There simply is no such phrase as "We can't"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It ridiculous as it's only a bloody computer setting not allowing them as they don't have the 'privileges' to do it. Why don't they hand it over to someone who does have th access rights to set it by hand?

All this "We can't" when it's their bloody computer system. Pass it to the head of encryption security as I'm sure he can't set it to whatever he wants.

These companies talk crap sometimes.

And as we know it's just one number that needs to be sent to your card to set the corrent entitlements. Surely in cases like this, someone high up can set and send it by hand. And if they can't them they need to ask their programmer to change it so they can.

There simply is no such phrase as "We can't"
    Tell me about it. I've pointed this out a few times but they just repeat their same reply of "I can't".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a call this morning from a Sky representative explaining that they didn't know that it was Sky who had made the error on my account to begin with, and that they would restore my channels and make sure I didn't pay any early cancellation fees. No idea how they could've missed that since I mentioned it in nearly every email I sent in the exchange.

So when I get home I should have my channel selection back. We'll see.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Good luck!

But at least they have admitted that it's THEM and not you. So you now have them legally by the short and curlies!

Go in for the kill!