Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Henry GondorfHenry Gondorf Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    How can Debbie turn Kevin into the police without Sheryl's cooperation? As far as I remember Sheryl told the police she was wrong that she hadn't been raped. Sheryl might not be interested in going forward with the case. There is the whole she and Garry were going to bury Kevin alive thing.

Precisely. This particular part of the storyline is ludicrous. Most men would've called Debbie's bluff; just her word against Kevin's, and Kevin can always say she was just saying it to get her own back at the marriage failing, or simply tell the truth and say she was blackmailing him! Not surprised Kevin panicked, since he doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box, but am amazed that his dad has fallen for it too.
  • Options
    .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or does Effion seem like he has gained a lot of weight?

Maybe it's just his short t-shirts he is wearing without the overalls haha
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .exe wrote: »
    Is it me or does Effion seem like he has gained a lot of weight?

Maybe it's just his short t-shirts he is wearing without the overalls haha

Or he could be getting into character with the steroids storyline. If that`s the case, it`s a brilliant move by the actor.
    If Effion harms one hair on Anti Marions head, I will personally ( insert threat of choice here)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anti Marion is like an unwanted spare part: no point, no purpose. The best thing that could happen is that she falls down the stairs. It would be the humane thing to do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    This soap needs characters like her to balance it out.
    She is the only elderly character in it. That is why I wish they give that extra, Betty a few lines.
    Megan I would not describe the lovely elderly lady so that is what this show lacks
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so funny isn't it. There have been several quite angry rants here lately where some people suggested that they want all the characters to be like Aunti Marion nice and ordinary and never doing anything bad. Then there are other people who find characters like Aunti Marion completely boring and wouldn't watch a soap with only good characters.

s4c has many shows in Welsh that fit the nice wholesome category and none of them get anywhere near the audience PYC does. I think personally you need conflict in drama to get an audience.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    is the actor who plays efion still with the one that plays gaynor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As well as the conflict to get the audience and love a good meaty storyline, you do need older characters to balance things out a bit.
    Without them, it loses the appeal and becomes just another gritty drama
    it also depicts real life to have a mix
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i really enjoyed last week
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    The spoiler for Nov. 1st:
    Anglela's shocked to find bruises on Anti Marian's arm and suspects that Eifion is to blame. Ed is angry with Sioned for suggesting his use of steroids is affecting their relationship.

This makes me angry :mad:. Eifion is protecting Gwyneth as well. What scum.

I bet its not what we think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    i really enjoyed last week

I did too. It was dramatic and good fun. It was not realistic, but I don't think the writers were ever realistic with the fire storyline. It isn't the purpose to say Gwyneth and Garry that's what ordinary families are like, watch out this could happen to you if you're not careful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so Debbie is going to go to the police. So I know that Kevin clearly raped Sheryl, but she withdrew the allegation and there were no witnesses. Also Sheryl clearly goes out of her way to make sure to get revenge on any person she believes has wronged her in a romantic relationship. What was this business about not allowing for a lock on the salon flat all about? This behavior goes back to long before her rape too with Gethin and Moc. How could anyone know if Sheryl was actually raped or just wanted to punish Kevin for getting married to someone other than her?

Sheryl needs her head examined clearly. I don't know if people would trust Sheryl to give them directions to the shop let alone be a witness in court. Unless Kevin confesses to the police I don't see anything happening here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is it too late for debbie to go to the police about kevin
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie going to the police, is pointless as Sheryl withdrew the accusation, it wouldn't stand up in court as evidence anyway and also she'd be done for perverting the course of justice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My friend told me that the guy who played Sion was in another programme as a villain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really I know the actor is only playing sion but I can't see him playing anything else lol
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really I know the actor is only playing sion but I can't see him playing anything else lol

Funny !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Debi doesn`t end up with the cafe. She is such a devious cow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The cafe wont last long if she gets it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cafe wont last long if she gets it
    Very true. It`s a miracle she hasn`t turned away the customers already with her attitude.
    So far she has had £16,000 from Kevin and Meic. She`s not only devious - but greedy too.
    Kevin and Meic should go see a lawyer and see where they stand in Debbie`s efforts to steal the cafe from under their noses.
    I used to quite like Debbie - now I can`t stand her.
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie taking the cafe would be a monumental disaster.
    Just don't like that senario.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Kevin should have used the 6k to hire a gang of skinheads to give Debbie a vicious, violent, bone crunching, kicking. A proper seeing to. A real beating. I'm right, aren't I, Cwm Heads ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't believe they have spent that much for her I would have thrown her out with the black bag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Kevin should have used the 6k to hire a gang of skinheads to give Debbie a vicious, violent, bone crunching, kicking. A proper seeing to. A real beating. I'm right, aren't I, Cwm Heads ?

I starting watching PYC when Debbie was a newish character. I remember that Mark and Ricky weren`t too pleased to see her. And she got badly beaten up by some thugs and ended up in hospital, but I can`t remember why. It could be drug related but not too sure.
    Maybe Kevin or Meic should deep fry her hand and see how she likes it, Accidently of course.
    :)
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    I starting watching PYC when Debbie was a newish character. I remember that Mark and Ricky weren`t too pleased to see her. And she got badly beaten up by some thugs and ended up in hospital, but I can`t remember why. It could be drug related but not too sure.
    Maybe Kevin or Meic should deep fry her hand and see how she likes it, Accidently of course.
    :)

I could go with that. Absolutely loathe Meic as well though. A totally annoying individual.