Anybody else really impressed with Little Mix?

D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I quite liked them on their series (must be mentioned, it was a very weak series) but thought they wouldn't last very long after.

I also hated their winners single and think it has been the worst to date...

But since then I've really been impressed by them, they've come out with some incredible catchy songs "Wings", "Move" and their new single "Little Me" is excellent.

Okay, so they will never reach the height of One Direction, but that's mainly because hormonal teenage girls will buy anything, but for an X Factor girl group I really think they are holding their own and coming out with some solid material.

Along with Leona and Sam, I think they may be one of my favourite X Factor winners and best X Factor acts out there.

Comments

• mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't care for them on the show, and how much they were being pushed was really off-putting. They have released some damn good singles though - Wings and Move in particular.

Of course, what that demonstrates more than anything is how important good writers and producers are to have behind you. How much of the decency of those singles is down to the girls is probably minimal.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, boy groups sure as hell don't do anything for me but there have been some girl groups who've impressed to a certain degree.

The Saturdays, Sugarbabes and even Girls Aloud have grabbed my attention from time to time. Little Mix haven't done this yet but they sound pretty polished now and could do very well for themselves.

The thing I like about girl groups and something that most boy groups seem to lack, in my opinion, is that they have oodles of imagination and there is so much more you can do with them. Little Mix seem to have found something that makes them different from other girl groups.

I doubt I'll ever be buying their material but I think they have a good future ahead.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are ok if you are in the age group who likes that sort of thing, but they seriously need to stop giving interviews which prove that they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. :o

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82644238.html
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    As soon as Little Mix went on live shows I was rooting for them.....really pleased when they won, and am always delighted to see them on tv. The are getting better everytime I see them.
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not impressed at all, sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Yes very impressed!
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressed. All good singers and really catchy songs. Plus great harmonies.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really impressed with them. Best girl group in years IMHO.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Very impressed. All good singers and really catchy songs. Plus great harmonies.

Agreed! I would really love an acoustic/ A capella album from them.:)
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were okay on the show, emerging as the best of an underperforming/bad bunch, but they have been amazing post-show. I can't help but smile when they perform on stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    They exceeded my expectations actually Im really impressed with them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://youtu.be/lhKNf5pH6vc

Their vocals/Harmonies just keep getting better and better!
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are ok if you are in the age group who likes that sort of thing, but they seriously need to stop giving interviews which prove that they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. :o

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82644238.html

Oh dear :D:D:D

What's the racist thing about in the comments??
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not young and I love music and singing styles. Little Mix are one of the best groups in the world right now for vocals and live performances. When they sing live, accapella, they are brilliant and the sound they make is impressive. They are better than i thought.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Gods, no. No! They're beyond awful. Fugly too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Agreed! I would really love an acoustic/ A capella album from them.:)

Without Autotune too, it would be funny, if nothing else.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member

yea I always have trouble laughing so much when I watch this video lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIIWtrl-WA
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    yea I always have trouble laughing so much when I watch this video lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIIWtrl-WA

What makes you think it's auto tuned? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would it be funny?:confused:
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    What makes you think it's auto tuned? :confused:

no I was being ironic hahaha, I love them… :D
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their voices are incredibly underrated.

Individually, only Perrie and Jade are brilliant - the other two are competent but not the strongest. But as a four-piece their harmonies are fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Why would it be funny?:confused:

Because they cannot sing and I have a cruel streak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they cannot sing and I have a cruel streak.

Lol they can sing incredibly well and yes you do seem to have a cruel streak.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this forum widely pro-LM? There are a couple of people who dislike them, but I get the feeling that they are quite popular here in general.
    I like them too BTW...
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they're doing really well and I like most of their songs, especially their newest ones