The Lucy Beale Storyline: DS Detective Thread *likely spoilers*

Comments

• dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be suicide too TK, murder doesn't fit in with the press release and we've had 2 in recent months.

The seeds are already being sown to this onscreen, they've just announced it because it's the start of a big story. Clever weekend to do it IMO with no Friday episode. It's keeping us going :D, also the internet would've gone into meltdown if they'd kept this under wraps. Look what happened with Danielle.

I'm looking at the Beales in a whole new light now. Even small comments like Denise saying to Ian that the spelling bee wasn't life or death have a deeper meaning. EastEnders loves to foreshadow.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    So, do we think she's most likely going to be found dead on the square or do you think she'll be found just barely alive and die in hospital?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Lauren being indirectly responsible for Lucy's death. Surely that would just be a repeat of her being indirectly responsible for Billy's death?
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling they haven't announced the actress departure is that she will appear in. Flashbacks what do you think
  • Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is. Lucy is a smart girl. I can't see her turning to drugs. But that doesn't mean she won't take some.

Personally I think the introduction of a drug storyline into the soap the same day this was announced is too coincidental. I think Shirley will start selling drugs, and because she wants money fast, she'll turn to harder drugs than weed. Shirley, wanting to keep her hands clean, could get someone like Alfie to do the actual selling.

Someone in the square will buy some, and spike Lucy's drink - we all know Lucy can be uptight , so someone might think this is a way to make her let her hair down.

This will take place at Sharon's party to celebrate the opening of her wine bar. Lucy will then fall from the bar's balcony and die.

The night before/ day of her death, Lucy and Ian will have another big argument that will never be resolved.

When the postmortem takes place, it's revealed that Lucy had drugs in her system. Ian will then blame himself for 'forcing Lucy' to take drugs after their argument and suffer a breakdown.

Later, Ian then discovers that Lucy stole from Butcher's Joints. We know this was Danny and Lucy threw it all away, but this, coupled with drugs will force Ian to admit he didn't know his daughter.

Alfie and Shirley will feel responsible once they hear Lucy took drugs (leading to many scenes of Shirley telling Alfie to stay quiet). We won't see who Alfie sold drugs to ( it'll be a number of people, so even he won't know), allowing for an air of mystery.

So so far this includes the Beales, Carter's and Moons, so based on the above I'm going to say Lola spikes the drink, bringing the Mitchell's into it. If Lola thought Lucy didn't like her, I'd say Lola is young and naive enough to think she could get away with spiking a drink in the hope it allows her and Lucy to bond more somehow.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling they haven't announced the actress departure is that she will appear in. Flashbacks what do you think

This is the theory floating round. I hope it is true. I like the idea of what happened being revealed one bit at a time and flashbacks is a brilliant way to do it. I loved how they did flashbacks to reveal what happened to Lisa. So EE have done it before. I think telling the story through flashback also makes it far more interesting and that idea also makes sense of the press release if we are to discover new things about Lucy's life throughout the year.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I read earlier on tonight, that
    Lucy is going to be murdered and die in agony. Also that Walford is going to be rocked to the core that someone would do such a thing. Especially as Ian is currently depressed and worried about who Janine's share of the Restaurant is going to.

Apparently Lucy's killer is going to be revealed next year, around EE's 30th Birthday.

If you're bringing over claims of things you read earlier, would it be possible to post a link to where you read it? Not saying I don't believe you but Lucy dying in agony is quite a major spoiler which I don't think has been posted in any of the usual places. So I'd be curious to see where it came from.
    Mel94 wrote: »
    So, do we think she's most likely going to be found dead on the square or do you think she'll be found just barely alive and die in hospital?

I'm inclined to think she'll be found somewhere on the square, just because it would fit in with this dark theme they seem to be going for. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if somebody found her just as she was dying, and she said something mysterious just before she went.

That sounds like a good call. It would be very compelling if they pieced the mystery together through the occasional flashback. I'd really like that.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it happen on Ian and Denises wedding day, maybe while they are in the Vic having there reception, as we all know characters dyeing, being murdered or however, normally happens, while most other people are celebrating having a good time/

Got visions of Lauren or Lola running in the pub, saying Ian you need to come outside its Lucy shes dead.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In regards to not announcing Hetti's departure it would have been great if it was actually a flashforward episode. I know unlikely as Hollyoaks did this a few years ago but with the vague details we have been given and how there is going to be a mystery element to what kills her then it would be perfect. If Lucy's death is screened around Easter then time can go forward to lets say...Thursday 19th February 2015!, the episode will end in Lucy's shock death. Then we go back to the present day and over the course of the next 10 months we uncover what was going on with Lucy and who else was potentially involved etc. Then next year Thursday 19th February, the show's 30th birthday with a live episode it can start from Lucy's death where its finally revealed what happened to her, for continuity I guess it may be a bit difficult but not impossible. It would explain why nothing has been said about Hetti leaving as Lucy would remain on screen up until next February.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to quickly analyse the storyline description on the website. I know people have already talked about it in this thread but it would be good to just have it here in case there's anything that's been missed.
    The huge storyline has been ingeniously plotted so that it isn’t a typical whodunit, but rooted in truth - raw, emotional and gritty. No one knows exactly what happened to Lucy on the night she died, except very few people - even the person responsible for her death.

Ian will start to question how well he really knew his daughter, as secrets spill out after her death. But one Walford resident has a very dark secret about what really happened the night Lucy died - and viewers will be left guessing for the rest of the year... What killed Lucy Beale?

Remember, this is the ONLY official spoiler we've had so far. All other news articles so far seem to be based on speculation only.

So the relevant points:

'ingeniously plotted so that it isn’t a typical whodunit, but rooted in truth' - I think we can take from this that we can't rule out the storyline being a whodunit, but if it is it then it's unlikely to be a violent murder attack as that is pretty much a typical whodunit. Linked to that is the end quote 'What killed Lucy Beale' - again suggesting it isn't necessarily a person but an event (or maybe several events) that contribute to her death.

'No one knows exactly what happened to Lucy on the night she died, except very few people - even the person responsible for her death.' - This is the most infuriating statement of the lot. It's terribly written but maybe that's the point. The 'very few people' suggests that a few characters DO know what happened to her, but maybe they don't know everything. In terms of the 'person responsible', note how it doesn't mention anything about murder. It may well be that the person responsible doesn't know what happens because they don't REALISE they're responsible. We could be seeing some sort of fixation from Lucy's part, or a chain of events that removes the person responsible far enough away from the death that they didn't realise it was their original action that triggered it.

'Ian will start to question how well he really knew his daughter, as secrets spill out after her death.' - This is pretty unambiguous. I think it's safe to assume that a lot of secrets about Lucy won't be touched upon in the next few weeks, but we might start to see hints that something isn't right with her. This also fits in with the speculation that Hetti will stay on to film flashback scenes. It could work out very nicely that each time Ian discovers something about Lucy, we get a flashback scene to explain it.

'But one Walford resident has a very dark secret about what really happened the night Lucy died' - This, IMO, is the most interesting sentence. I have a feeling that the resident that has a 'very dark secret' isn't the same person who is responsible for her death. I think what we might be essentially seeing is two storylines that appear to be unlinked at first but gradually do start to mesh together as we find out more. Could be wrong with that one, but there's no indication that this person with a dark secret HAS to be the one responsible for Lucy's death.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Some things I have been wondering.

If it is suicide, is there a note that someone finds too late and conceals to spare Ian's feelings....? Peter (dark secret) Will he share the secret with others.

If it happens in the bar, is it overcrowded....Linda asked Sharon how many the bar would hold and she said 40+. Why was that exchange put in if it didn't have some relevance. Will Sharon blame herself if it is deemed an accident.

If drugs are involved will it be decided that she chose to take them, wheras in fact her drink was spiked...another possible dark secret.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Because the storyline is most likely to wrap up around the anniversary I think she will go missing around spring and not be found for a weeks or even months later as I can't see them dragging a whatdunnit/whodunnit storyline for nearly a year. I also believe she will be murdered but by two people. Bit like scream.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also wouldn't be surprised if the person who kills Lucy also kills someone else before the anniversary hits as well. Perhaps just a minor character as the story is about Lucy so I doubt they would remove too much of the focus away from her.

If she dies at Easter then it won't be long until we get some detailed spoilers about what exactly is going to happen. They must have already filmed the start of the storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also wouldn't be surprised if the person who kills Lucy also kills someone else before the anniversary hits as well. Perhaps just a minor character as the story is about Lucy so I doubt they would remove too much of the focus away from her.

If she dies at Easter then it won't be long until we get some detailed spoilers about what exactly is going to happen. They must have already filmed the start of the storyline.

I don't know if we will get detailed spoilers. I'm sure I read that DTC isn't a big fan of releasing detailed spoilers, so I think this storyline will deliberately have a lot held back to keep viewers in suspense. I kind of hope they do, anyway, as I think it will be far more effective.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I don't know if we will get detailed spoilers. I'm sure I read that DTC isn't a big fan of releasing detailed spoilers, so I think this storyline will deliberately have a lot held back to keep viewers in suspense. I kind of hope they do, anyway, as I think it will be far more effective.

I hope Lucy's death episode is kept top secret! It should guarentee a big audience with a good promo beforehand.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have my own thoughts on how she dies.
    I think it has something to do with jane discovering she had an abortion when Jane was so desperate for a child. Jane has always loved her like a daughter but this betrayal could lead to an argument, a push here, a slap there and that's the end of Lucy
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This all sounds very interesting I have to say.

I also think it could be that Lucy's body isn't found until weeks after it happens (then all the flashback stuff begins).

I reckon it will be something pretty straight forward like Lucy going to stay with a friend but THEN between that time something happens, she doesn't come home, no phone answering etc, then after about 2/3 weeks it becomes a "diappearance" (something along those lines)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    This all sounds very interesting I have to say.

I also think it could be that Lucy's body isn't found until weeks after it happens (then all the flashback stuff begins).

I reckon it will be something pretty straight forward like Lucy going to stay with a friend but THEN between that time something happens, she doesn't come home, no phone answering etc, then after about 2/3 weeks it becomes a "diappearance" (something along those lines)

It is really interesting, I'm so excited for this to unfold!

I do think a disappearance followed by finding her body could be the way they'll prolong the storyline for a bit, but I'm not sure how it will work in terms of viewer response. As we know that Lucy is dead (or at least those who read spoilers on the internet/newspapers/TV magazines do), will it be a bit frustrating to watch her family and friends not knowing where she is? That would be my only worry. But if it just went on for a couple of weeks then it would probably work.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    No real clues last night in EastEnders as Lucy was not present. Peter tripped on one of Lexi's toys so that may be a clue as to how Lucy dies. Sharon's new bar won't be open for a couple of months according to Billy so maybe she dies on opening day. Only other hint of impending doom was Peter and Lola having tensions, can't see these tensions having anything to do with killing Lucy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    No real clues last night in EastEnders as Lucy was not present. Peter tripped on one of Lexi's toys so that may be a clue as to how Lucy dies. Sharon's new bar won't be open for a couple of months according to Billy so maybe she dies on opening day. Only other hint of impending doom was Peter and Lola having tensions, can't see these tensions having anything to do with killing Lucy.

Going off webcam Snippets the bar opens last week of March. Lucy is apparently dying at Easter. Hetti was still filming as of last week so I think we can rule out the opening night of the bar.

My guess is Easter Monday. Which I have a feeling will be Ian and Denise's wedding day.

I wonder if Jane, Libby and Chelsea are going to appear? Laurie Brett said she was heading back to Waterloo Road in the spring. So that might rule out more Jane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, going from the timings I don't think that the opening night of Sharon's bar will be the night she dies. But it would be a perfect opportunity for them to drop some significant clues, as so many residents will be in there (probably everyone important apart from the Carters, unless they're checking out the competition.)

Denise and Ian's wedding day is a good call for the actual event itself, Hit Em Up Style. :) Maybe during the reception party.

Re: last night - the fact that Lola and Peter are having issues, IMO probably means they're due to break up soon. Maybe Lucy starts interfering? Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    Sharon Marshal( one of the EastEnders writers as well as a Soap expert) on this Morning said this morning that only four people know who will kill Lucy. Said it will happen in the Spring. None of the writers or cast know. Said we will find out bits
    about Lucy as the storyline will go on and we will find out who on the 30th Anniversary. No other information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Marshal( one of the EastEnders writers as well as a Soap expert) on this Morning said this morning that only four people know who will kill Lucy. Said it will happen in the Spring. None of the writers or cast know. Said we will find out bits
    about Lucy as the storyline will go on and we will find out who on the 30th Anniversary. No other information.

Do you mean that four characters will know, or that four people (ie. producers etc) currently know?
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Do you mean that four characters will know, or that four people (ie. producers etc) currently know?
    I throught she said four producers know what will happen and that is it. She said she and the other writers don't know and have to write that everyone is innocent. She also said none of the cast know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I throught she said four producers know what will happen and that is it. She said she and the other writers don't know and have to write that everyone is innocent. She also said none of the cast know.

Thanks for the clarification. :)