MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I'd say there is now a very small percentage who think any of this is real

Towie is more real, that's what's funny
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed so much at how over the top it was, and could not believe the amount of time they changed their minds....... and what else was added in

"Okay, you're out. No wait, wrong choice. Sit back down, I send them home instead!! Wait, I've made a mistake again, I don't know what we'll do... I know! We'll have a sing off!! And let me bring back the act I sent out a while ago to take part in this sing off. And I pick that act for the seat!!!!!"
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So OTT.

Watching the overs and boys bits were fine, there was a relatively less circus like atmosphere, but the girls and groups... horrific viewing. It wasn't even entertaining, it just annoyed me.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute cretins, the lot of them! I mean have a word, have a bloody word. Cretinous cretins need to get a grip!

The Muppets meets pantomime meets a bad WWE storyline meets Eastenders at its very worst. Cretins! Cretins! CRETINS!!!!!!
  • Options
    lazy marelazy mare Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Loved it. So funny.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the last couple of minutes before Downton Abbey. Glad I'm not watching it this year - looked awful. If they won't retire it with dignity as they did with Dancing On Ice, then it needs to be put out of it's misery, and the sooner the better!
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched for a few years but cos rest of my family are avid viewers I catch glimpses and snippets. It is absolutely staggering how false and manipulated it has become - it's not even subtle. I s'pose with 3 night's TV to fill they can't just leave it to chance that something interesting will naturally unfold/develop so they have to make it happen. Previously I think they nudged or steered things the way they wanted but now they literally direct and orchestrate it (and very clumsily too).
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole show tonight was just staged nonsense, it was just horrible. Why did the audience start singing bring them back for the girl group, it was just really odd I mean they haven't done that for any other eliminated act so what was so special about the girl group:confused:
    As for the farcical ending to the show, what was all that about? He gets rid of overload and one of the band members suddenly says 'we are going to fight for this' and the next thing you know 3 acts are in a sing off. Are we actually supposed to believe that all that just happened out of the blue. It was clearly all staged from louis initially saying no to the girl group to that boyband member saying we are going to fight for this. I had enjoyed elements of the previous episodes but tonight's was a joke.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course I was sooo shocked and surprised, the two groups, formed by the judges, got through. Who'd have thought that eh? :cool::D Of course I never thought they actually knew who they were going to choose and of course, decided after hearing them sing and of course, did what the audience wanted which mainly involved yelling 'seat' for every single act. Nah, not staged at all... *goes back to reality* ;-):D

Oh and the made up groups were rejects yet they make up two groups, says it all really about the music value they really offer.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    Saw the last couple of minutes before Downton Abbey. Glad I'm not watching it this year - looked awful. If they won't retire it with dignity as they did with Dancing On Ice, then it needs to be put out of it's misery, and the sooner the better!

And that's my problem solved now - I'll no longer be torn between this and SCD this year.
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I'm a wee bit disappointed - I wouldn't mope if I never see X factor again and yet, because I can see it, I do - I want it to be better. It is clearly focusing on a different audience and age group this year.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    The audience was chocka bloc with young girls. They screamed and cried before some acts even hit the stage :confused:
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for Katie Waissel to enter the sing off in that episode as it seemed like everyone else in the studio was joining it lol.

Seriously this show better have awesome live shows coming up because the way it's been so far has been dire, and with 16 acts I expect to at least like 3 or 4 acts that are in there.