Cleaning up after a horse....?

124»

Comments

• CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Faced with a similar situation, I'm sure horse owners would find a way to make it happen as well, rather than giving up riding their horses.

I like that idea as an ultimatum to give horse owners.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    given the size of just one horse poo youd need a roll of large wheelie bin liner bags ......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    I know! We should all stop hoofing around on this thread. :o:D

Neigh! We're all having too much fun ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    The OP is certainly bridling over the problem.

To be honest it's getting a bit "shit" now and maybe I should be more neigh-bourly towards the horsey women....don't worry I have even made myself cringe with those appalling 'jokes' :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    Neigh! We're all having too much fun ;)

Saddle up [with your attached poop a scoop] for the ongoing ride in this hot debatable thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    given the size of just one horse poo youd need a roll of large wheelie bin liner bags ......

And a set of muscles like Popeye to carry it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Saddle up [with your attached poop a scoop] for the ongoing ride in this hot debatable thread.

I don't want to be mulish (muleish?) about it bit I feel I'm turning into a bit of a nag on this thread ;)
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the mane problem is getting a poo bag big enough. I don't want to be saddled with a great big poo bag while I'm riding. Is it OK to leave them hanging in the bushes like dog walkers do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I don't want to be mulish (muleish?) about it bit I feel I'm turning into a bit of a nag on this thread ;)

Better to be a nag than an ass-hole :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayBird78 wrote: »
    Better to be a nag than an ass-hole :D

LOL - some people will still bridle over our comments though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the mane problem is getting a poo bag big enough. I don't want to be saddled with a great big poo bag while I'm riding. Is it OK to leave them hanging in the bushes like dog walkers do?

Certainly not! Chuck it under a hedge instead.
    Forum Member

Stop horsing around and take it home with you.
    Your Horse - Your Poo!
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rural does not equate to being uninhabited by humans neither does it mean that rural dwellers don't have urbanised areas. If riders are on paths that they know are frequented by walkers, they should show consideration to those walkers by cleaning up after their animal (as dog owners should do). It is perfectly acceptable to expect horse owners to do this and if they feel it's not for them, then they should exercise their horses in fields specially designated for them and leave the public spaces clean for the public that do not want to see horse poo left around.

As to your last sentence: somewhat arrogant of you and rather sums up your attitude. I haven't implied that horses should be banned from where I live (just that their owners are more responsible) so why feel I should move is beyond me.

Sooorrrreeeeeeeee:o