Celebrity Squares

14567810»

Comments

• humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never look back at old shows but just remember them as enjoyable at the time. Times and tastes change dramatically.. I dont see the point in bringing back an old format. I am sure the old biddys sitting there in their slippers and supping their cocoa will enjoy the corn which is prevalent throughout the show. And a bit set up too. As if rehearsed but I would never say that of course..
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The son of a sports presenter is a celeb .. wtf :confused:

He's an actor who's been in Friday Night Dinner and Plebs (I think)
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Yeah he is in Plebs. Didn't realise it was him in plebs until I watched it the other night.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this game seem fixed or at least riggable? It's obvious that the zelebs have been fed some of the answers to the questions the way they seemingly pluck a random right answer to some obscure question out of thin air and the way someone will say, 'Yeah I definitely know this one' then get it totally wrong like Vine has done on numerous occasions so far. If celebrities have indeed been told the answers which it indeed seems then surely it's a rigged game.

Seriously, how easy would it be to fix it for a certain contestant to win purely by deliberately feeding the other contestant a convincing wrong answer or by deliberately giving them a stupid obviously wrong answer so the person guessing can't help but get it right by disagreeing with them.

I pretty much assumed it was the job of the celebs to sometimes give a convincingly wrong answer, kind of like playing poker when you don't always know when someone's bluffing. It makes the show a bit more fun. I never thought of it being a way to rig who wins.
  • janehobbs1janehobbs1 Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    The celebs have always known the questions as they have to come up with something 'funny' as an answer. Their actual answer is irrelevant though as it all comes down to whether the contestant agrees or not.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    janehobbs1 wrote: »
    The celebs have always known the questions ...
    Proof please.
    ...as they have to come up with something 'funny' as an answer.
    The comedians are (or at least should be) able this without knowing the question in advance. The others don't always say something "funny".

Are we even watching the same show? :o:confused:
    Their actual answer is irrelevant though as it all comes down to whether the contestant agrees or not.
    This is true.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I always hated the original of this because it was do obvious the 'jokes' the 'celebrities' came out with in their answers were all scripted.
    And they were never funny.

At least, though, in the old one, the celebs WERE 'famous'. I wouldn't know anyone who was on them these days. Cos I don't watch reality TV and I don't know modern day 'comics' like this Lemon bloke (I've only heard his name)
    Forum Member
    rkid wrote: »
    He's an actor who's been in Friday Night Dinner and Plebs (I think)

Originally Posted by BellaRosa
    The son of a sports presenter is a celeb .. wtf

Who is this referring to? Never watched either programme mentioned.
    Just curious as to who it is.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Originally Posted by BellaRosa
    The son of a sports presenter is a celeb .. wtf

Who is this referring to? Never watched either programme mentioned.
    Just curious as to who it is.

He's called Tom Rosenthal and is Jim Rosenthals son (which I wasn't aware about until it was mentioned on Celebrity Squares)
    Forum Member
    rkid wrote: »
    He's called Tom Rosenthal and is Jim Rosenthals son (which I wasn't aware about until it was mentioned on Celebrity Squares)

Thanks. I've heard of Jim Rosenthal, at least! :)
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed that the last 2 weeks. Warwick has been quite condecending to the contestants asking have you ever seen the show before do you know how to play noughts and crosses and he hasn't even checked the board himself to see what moves they are doing.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Haven't watched this week's yet but I did see that last week. He wasn't really being condescending at all. It was just a bit of playful ribbing in-keeping with the style of the show. He also took his own punishment when he realised his mistake. It took me a moment to realise the error and I was only watching it on TV!!
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Warwick is doing a great job, always put himself down, making little jokes as usual!! bet nobody watched with the bake off final on the other side but i love the show
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    At least, though, in the old one, the celebs WERE 'famous'. I wouldn't know anyone who was on them these days. Cos I don't watch reality TV and I don't know modern day 'comics' like this Lemon bloke (I've only heard his name)

The reality personalities on today's version weren't around in the '90s so that version (shown on Challenge) had to get Chippendale dancers, Gladiators & Aussie soap stars flown in especially on instead. I don't recall most of those I've seen, so I think we've got it relatively easy.