Options

Favorite Radio App Poll

Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,520
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only 3 I can think of now but if you like another one you can always say other. I'm not including itunes or winamp as they are for music. I like the iheartradio app better than the tunein one as it is more clear displaying the station name, music albums and songs on although I can't register with it been outside the USA. I get it on my tablets and I've tried on computer and a mobile phone but it does not work. The perfect for option on the app is very good as well. The other one ooTunes I don't think is good.

What Is Your Favorite Radio App? 23 votes

Tunein
86% 20 votes
ooTunes
0% 0 votes
Iheartradio
4% 1 vote
Other
8% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for TuneIn. Never used iheartradio but I shall give it a go on your recommendation.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yourmuze.fm (not an app for Nokia Asha smartphones) is a good website for smartphones that are not either an iphone or an android where you can't install TuneIn or rad.io.

On the yourmuze.fm website, you can enter the streaming address of all stations that are streaming on TuneIn so you can get the TuneIn radio experience on a Nokia Asha or Blackberry smartphone.

A pity about the Nokia Internet radio app for Nokia smartphones which seems to have been discontinued. All the other radio apps for the Nokia smartphones are really dreadful. But yourmuze.fm though not an app on Nokia saves the day for Nokia smartphone owners.
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried iheartradio and not impressed. Far too many adverts.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted Tune In as you can pause it!

Global's apps are quite easy to use - useful if you want quick access to one of their or Communicorp's stations.

Radio Player is quite easy to use but I find the version I use falls over a lot.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tunein for me but only an older version as I am not interested in the bloody stupid feature for informing the world what you are listening to and discussing it.

I just want to listen.
  • Options
    pepstarpepstar Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use TuneIN radio app, purely because there isn't anything better, the app used to be great, the app developers have got a bit ahead of themselves by trying to create a social network. They should remember they're in the business of a radio app and not try to be all things, just doesn't work, if I found something better it would be uninstalled straight away!