Options

Nicole Scherzinger misses the Top 40 with new single

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Seriously?! #46! I think Run is such a beautiful song. I was expecting a top 20 placing at least, especially after last week's X Factor performance. Really disappointed for her! What seems to be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's flopped with an X Factor performance slot then there really is no hope for her. I'm presuming she's not had much radio airplay?
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was always going to.I mean can anyone actually remember how it goes? There is no melody.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her solo material has never been anything special in my opinion, although, don't hold your breath and baby love are great singles. Run is a lovely song but it's very unmemorable, not as crap as her last record on the rocks though...I'll give her that.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Not a great song, and she is the kind of artist that gets lost in the Xmas mayhem of many releases, she'd have been better to have released a month ago, or in January.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it does give away to that idea that any old tat sung on the X Factor is a guaranteed number one.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she will have been too busy celebrating Lewis Hamilton's world championship to really care at the moment!
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen the video on the channels or heard it on the radio. I think she could have a hit with 'Electric Blue' possibly.

I'm seeing her in 'Cats' in January, she's a great singer!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a mystery

Absolutely talented. Yet her solo stuff is incredibly forgettable. She may of disliked her time in Pussycat dolls but it will likely be the only time in her career she will ever earn commercial success.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Run is a great song, one of her best, but was never going to do well for her as a single unfortunately. I get the feeling from her though that she is just happy to make music and get to release and perform it for people who care.
  • Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole Sh*tsinger, that's why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosmic999 wrote: »
    Nicole Sh*tsinger, that's why.

It's hilarious that people still try and make out that she is a bad singer.
  • Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

It's hilarious that people think she IS a good singer.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole is a lovely singer, Run is good, but I think she has lost out on streaming which now counts towards chart placings.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run isn't commercial enough to be a hit. It's beautiful but doesn't instantly stick with you and I imagine a lot of people just found it plain dull.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to swallow her pride and get the girls back together.
    She is the face of her group but on her own she is faceless.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering all the other Pussycat Dolls wouldnt piss on her if she was on fire I'd say thats unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Nicole annoys me because she always releases such crap material. She has an incredible voice, but it's just wasted. The last memorable song she released was Poison (that X Factor performance was just :o).I don't have that much love for Don't Hold Your Breath either, although that was quite a big hit too for some reason.

She needs to pull her finger out!!! I do wish I was seeing her in Cats though - I bet she's incredible.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosmic999 wrote: »
    It's hilarious that people think she IS a good singer.

There's a difference between you not liking a singer and them being good. Nicole is an excellent singer, and while her material may be pretty cr*p, she's amazing at singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9uXumYrXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_idyN44Twc

http://youtu.be/XDwoiyZ1jvc?t=26s

It really bothers me that she doesn't seem to get good material, I think she has a gorgeous voice but her pop material just sounds awful and really cheapens her talent I think. I actually wouldn't be opposed to hearing an album of classical crossover / musical material from her purely because of the work she's done with Andrew Lloyd Webber and David Garrett (the first link above) and her voice REALLY shines on stuff like this.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    There's a difference between you not liking a singer and them being good. Nicole is an excellent singer, and while her material may be pretty cr*p, she's amazing at singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9uXumYrXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_idyN44Twc

http://youtu.be/XDwoiyZ1jvc?t=26s

It really bothers me that she doesn't seem to get good material, I think she has a gorgeous voice but her pop material just sounds awful and really cheapens her talent I think. I actually wouldn't be opposed to hearing an album of classical crossover / musical material from her purely because of the work she's done with Andrew Lloyd Webber and David Garrett (the first link above) and her voice REALLY shines on stuff like this.

Totally agree!
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also quite frustrated at the lack of good material in her solo career, she's a brilliant singer and ticks most if not all the boxes for a great popstar, she just needs some more radio friendly songs. I really liked her single run of 'Poison', 'Don't Hold Your Breathe', 'Right There' & 'Wet'. 'Your Love' is a great song too, but she lacks consistently and her albums are rather weak imo. That said, I love that she looks like she genuinely loves performing and I get the impression she is doing it because she enjoys it and not to rank high in the charts. I would like to see her do better though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    That said, I love that she looks like she genuinely loves performing and I get the impression she is doing it because she enjoys it and not to rank high in the charts. I would like to see her do better though.

I always get that feeling from her too. She's performed since she was a kid, and when you throw in the fact that she's been there, done that, got the t-shirt so to speak with the Pussycat Dolls when it comes to worldwide success, number ones, successful albums and tours etc, I don't think that huge success is the be all and end all for her any more. She still gets to release music, perform, travel the world, and do so many other things, and I think she is genuinely happy with that.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

I agree

If she was a shit singer, i doubt someone like Andrew Lloyd Webber would of wanted to have worked with her. He doesn't just work with anyone. He is very specific on casting.