Take That "These days" Flopping??

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised, it's bloody awful . . . .

Their appearance on the X-Factor was funnier than anything Stevi Richie had ever done.

I laughed & laughed & laughed . . . .

You really laughed and laughed and laughed?

Strange.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That " Dad Dancing" was a nod to the past and the awful dancing they did in the 90's the whole song is a nod to the past it was meant to be like that lol.
    It was a good performance a little nervous but that was to be expected . Def missing Jason though

They dont need to a nod to the past though when they are re-launching as a trio though. They are promoting a new single, it wasnt on tour playing to their fans from back in the 90's and re-doing the pray routine for a giggle like during Progress. Gary doesnt dance, he shouldnt have to. It was a bit embarrassing yesterday and it felt strange watching them as a trio..it balanced out when you had Gary and Mark playing to their strengths as lead vocalists and then Howard and Jason as backing singers/dancers. They will get the no.2 behind Band Aid. Lets see if they do a ballad next and if Gary or Mark take the lead in it as opposed to the merging of their 3 voices that they have done for These Days.

Oh and for the first time ever it really looked like they did mime. I know it was a pre-record, but it looked like they where not singing live vocals, which is a shame.
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They dont need to a nod to the past though when they are re-launching as a trio though. They are promoting a new single, it wasnt on tour playing to their fans from back in the 90's and re-doing the pray routine for a giggle like during Progress. Gary doesnt dance, he shouldnt have to. It was a bit embarrassing yesterday and it felt strange watching them as a trio..it balanced out when you had Gary and Mark playing to their strengths as lead vocalists and then Howard and Jason as backing singers/dancers. They will get the no.2 behind Band Aid. Lets see if they do a ballad next and if Gary or Mark take the lead in it as opposed to the merging of their 3 voices that they have done for These Days.

Oh and for the first time ever it really looked like they did mime. I know it was a pre-record, but it looked like they where not singing live vocals, which is a shame.

It was a tongue in cheek nod to the past and the words are very meaning full as well. YES they did mine parts of the song which is unlike Take That but then it is a dance song so it would be much harder to sign live to it. it is very strange seeing them as a trio and it doesn't look right I think this could be it for them once the album is done. They didn't look comfortable at all really.

The album will be huge though so they will try and carry on but it just isn't Take That no more However " These days" is a brilliant single and number 2 will be a huge hit for them so lets just enjoy the music I guess
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they should have brought out Greatest Hits Vol 2 in period after progress tour and now. Still think they should bring the second volume out after this album is wrapped up and think about what they want to do in the future. That's 10 years worth of great singles.

If it seems rushed it's perhaps because they were hoping right to last moment that Jason would be involved with the album not x factor performance obviously!!

Heard their other song If You Want It and that is less in your face than These Days so there will probably be more tracks on the album that people are more used to.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They dont need to a nod to the past though when they are re-launching as a trio though. They are promoting a new single, it wasnt on tour playing to their fans from back in the 90's and re-doing the pray routine for a giggle like during Progress. Gary doesnt dance, he shouldnt have to. It was a bit embarrassing .

It was a total cringe - what were they thinking?
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is actually close to claiming the #1 spot
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like this thread can be closed now.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Well done to then I say defying the ageist charts we seem to have these days, I don't think this band aid single stands a chance of getting Xmas number one think bobs been too pushy backfired a little
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    What disappoints me the most about These Days is that it sounds like they've gone out of their way to write what sounds like a novelty song. It's as if they knew if they were to release another gem like Patience or Rule The World it wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as those songs were at the time.

So they've limped it up and released a rather lame song that is far from becoming a modern day classic. It's one of those songs that most people will have forgotten existed come April 2015 (apart from the die hard fans who see them in concert). Or it might be performed on X Factor in a few years time if Gary Barlow was to return as a judge. Anything to get those royalties!!! ££££*.*££££

Back For Good is still fondly remembered 19 years on. I doubt we'll be hearing These Days in another 19 years time.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    This song is actually close to claiming the #1 spot

they are on Graham Norton on Friday which should give it the extra boost it needs to claim no1.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    They've broken the all-time Amazon UK pre-order record with the album too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have to give it to TTIII this comeback is HUGE and they have played a blinder by carrying on. " These Days" is a huge hit the album is going to be a huge hit and the tour is huge so no matter what happens after this album they have another huge album campaign under thire belts
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually in shock. Well done to the guys they completely proved me wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I'm actually in shock. Well done to the guys they completely proved me wrong

Yeah me I was seriously doubting this version of TT but just shows what a class act they are and of course a HUGE loyal fan base as well. it will be interesting to see what happens for the next album [ if there is one] will the hype still be there once the novelty of a 3 piece has died down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now #1 on iTunes (Band Aid is at 3).
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not bad but nowhere near the quality of the singles from their past albums, e.g. Patience, Greatest Day, The Flood.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love this song.

I know people are saying it's not as good as their previous singles, but I don't really want another Rule the World or Greatest Day at the moment (as much as I love those songs). I like that TT have a bit of variety in their singles... Could it be Magic, Back for Good, Pray, Shine, The Flood, Never Forget, Everything Changes... sound nothing alike to me.

It will be interesting to hear the album. I listen to Progress at least once a week (although there's been a few amendments on my ipod... Affirmation, What do you want from me? are gone and Love Love, Man and When we were young have been added in their place :p ). Whilst Progress may not have had the singles that The Circus/Beautiful World had, it's an album I keep going back to.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not heard anything from them at all recently.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #1 on iTunes. What a megaflop this single is.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told you all. This is Take That. This is the UK. This is going to be Number 1. Whoah at battling Band Aid week 2 though seriously impressive. I think Graham Norton tonight will clinch the number 1 for TT. It'd be well deserved if it does.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    you have to give it to TTIII this comeback is HUGE and they have played a blinder by carrying on. " These Days" is a huge hit the album is going to be a huge hit and the tour is huge so no matter what happens after this album they have another huge album campaign under thire belts

Is it huge?
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These thread turned out to be pointless :D "These Days" has scored this weeks #1 spot and i for one am glad i love this song
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly the only act in UK history to have a #1 single as a 5,4 and now 3? A #1 single in the 90's, 00's and now 10's.

I honestly thought the momentum was gone with them and that the singles being a young persons game they would never trouble the top spot again especially after 6 years. Regardless of if you like the group or not what they have done is impressive.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly the only act in UK history to have a #1 single as a 5,4 and now 3? A #1 single in the 90's, 00's and now 10's.

I honestly thought the momentum was gone with them and that the singles being a young persons game they would never trouble the top spot again especially after 6 years. Regardless of if you like the group or not what they have done is impressive.

So glad for them! And I hope their number 1 starts to help stamp out all the ageism in the singles chart... It really annoys me how great artists and great songs miss out simply because of someone's age. They wouldn't do it for a charity single (loads of older acts contribute to those), so y outcast ordinary singles by older established artists?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone hear Jamella Jamil say "well done mums" in the tone of disappointment after they took the spot and didn't even think to applaud them? **** off agest R1 this is one of the best songs released this year to reach no1