Do you believe man has stepped foot on the moon?

Comments

• HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruthus wrote: »
    Some very credible people have come out and said that 'we' (The human race) have been warned not to go back.

That's why some of the footage and stuff looks a bit dodge.

We have 100% definitely been to the moon but maybe what we've seen isn't actually of that.

If they said that they are not credible.

Just out of interest, who were they?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mum reckons it was all a big trick by those americans. I asked her who put the flag there then and she just said they are good at fooling us.

Loool. Why would they lie about going to the moon?
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody ever seems to doubt that we send probes to Mars do they?

Yet the same kind of conspiratorial types rave about all the artificial shapes of things on the surface that are filmed when we get there, but no actual denying we landed on the red planet, albeit unmanned. Funny little paradox when you think about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they said that they are not credible.

Just out of interest, who were they?

Neil Armstrong.
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously? You've never heard anybody give an answer to those questions? I can only assume you spend your life in one of those headsets from the end of the film Tommy then. They have been answered comprehensively so many times that they are almost beyond parody.

But what about the flag fluttering in the breeze when there's no air on the Moon?

The flag is not fluttering in the breeze, the movement is due to the astronauts clumsily manhandling the flag and there being no air to dampen the movement.

And there are no stars visible in the photographs.
    I know it's a bit cloudy today but next time we have a clear, sunny day go outside and count how many stars are visible to the naked eye, let alone a camera. I can tell you the answer right now: one, and it's a biggie.

And the rocks are casting shadows in different directions.
    On that same sunny day go to an area with some nice, rugged topography and have a look at how the shadows are falling. Then go to a floodlit football match later in the evening and see how shadows look with multiple light sources. Compare and contrast

And the Lunar Module supposedly landed perfectly despite being uncontrollable on Earth.
    You mean the LM that was designed to land on the moon with 1/6th of the earth's gravity was unstable on earth? That's a puzzler.

And there's lethal radiation in space.
    Even James Van Allen himself - you know, the bloke who discovered the stuff in the first place - stated that the amount of time the astronauts spent traveling through the belt in their shielded spacecraft would be safe. They received a dose well within safe levels and nothing compared with people who work in radioactive environments on earth.

And there were footprints in the dust despite there being no moisture on the moon to help dust bond together.
    Moon dust is not smooth and weathered like sand on a beach, it is coarse and jagged and tends to lock together rather than roll around like sand. Different environment up there, see?

And the LEM left no crater upon landing or stirred up any dust.
    Again, 1/6th gravity, not a huge amount of thrust needed to slow the LMs descent. Give them enough thrust to make a crater on the moon's surface and Neil and Buzz would currently be off somewhere around Neptune.

And (most amateurishly of all) there was footage of Neil Armstrong climbing out of the LEM. Who took that footage, eh?
    Well...umm... No, that one has got me. I'm out of my depth here, clearly it was all a big scam. I'm going to leave this discussion and go back to watching Formula 1 instead. I love Formula 1, it still amazes me how fast those cars can go with a cameraman sitting on the sidepods to film the view from the cars. Even more amazing is the way that they seem to leap on and off the cars just to get the shots because you never actually get to see them on the car from any other angle. Brave, brave men.
    I haven't taken a massive interest in it and have only watched 1 TV programme about it, in which those questioned came across as being very arrogant and just laughed off the accusations rather than giving an explanation, they also dismissed the conspiracy theorists as fruitcakes, which I don't think helped their case.
    Thank You for answering those questions, as I stated in my first message I'm not a conspiracy theorist, unless somebody presents compelling evidence the Moon landings didn't take place I will continue to believe they did.
    I just reread the first part of your message, there's no need to be so patronising, I have other interests and this isn't something which occupies my thoughts a great deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruthus wrote: »
    Neil Armstrong.

I have never heard Neil Armstrong say anything of the sort.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would it be impossible? Were you there? Are you a scientist?

I never said I thought it, that is what other people say.
    Your second sentence displays your complete ignorance of the subject. China landed a probe on the Moon last year, and also recently successfully sent an orbiting probe there and back to Earth.

I did not know that, but did they send any photos back proving that the Americans was on there?

Oh yes, I do believe they went there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »
    Plenty of things have been sent to the Moon since Apollo. No more people of course, but a fair few probes and orbiters.

The Japanese 'Selene' orbiter took pictures of at least one Apollo landing site, from Lunar orbit.

i did not see that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both the USSR and China have sent stuff to the moon since, but I guess they made all that up too?

The Japanese lunar orbiter even photographed the US landing sites, and the U.S. got even better photo's with a later mission. You could even see some of the tracks from the lunar buggy. But I gues it's all made up as well?

Alsmost as daft as the 'Google tracking' idea posted by linkinpark. That sort of idiocy just confirms their complete lack of basic knowledge how these things work.

Fair enough. I have missed alll of this somehow. Saying that I do remember something about some country sending something to the moon last year.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very old joke.

It would be very hard to get into the Sun as even getting to Mercury is a real problem.
    also, the surface of the Sun experiences 27G, just looking that up....that would take some rocket to get out of that gravity well.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or course Neil Armstrong did not land on the moon. The Clangers would have turned him into a gibbering wreck. He didn't even say he saw them. Jeez! You peeps so gullibles
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Yes ☾☄
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Or course Neil Armstrong did not land on the moon. The Clangers would have turned him into a gibbering wreck. He didn't even say he saw them. Jeez! You peeps so gullibles

They'd have fed him to the soup dragon. Evil little critters.
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Clangers don't live on the Moon though, they live on a hollow planetoid far, far away.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    The Clangers don't live on the Moon though, they live on a hollow planetoid far, far away.

Didn't you get the memo?.

The planetoid is their summer home, so Neil missed them when he landed.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

Sadly that clip's since been debunked as being faked. If proof were needed, the shadows are in the wrong place and the flag in the background keeps moving even though there's no wind.
    FACT.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Sadly that clip's since been debunked as being faked. If proof were needed, the shadows are in the wrong place and the flag in the background keeps moving even though there's no wind.
    FACT.

ahem :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=75777889&postcount=38
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »

In any case, there's loads of wind. In fact, I've rarely heard so much pointless guff:D
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I was going to say the Nazis beat Buzz by 24 years ... Iron Sky joke ... and I found this

http://www.ironsky.net/thefilm/ :cool:
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very old joke.

It would be very hard to get into the Sun as even getting to Mercury is a real problem.

It may be old but judging from some of the posts I have seen on the subject of the 'faked' moon landings I was hoping that someone would actually take the question seriously. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the very best moon hoax threads got wiped for some odd reason. Some people have taken odd approaches over the years.

Charlie Chan was one of the most spirited approach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Yes I do..
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

I’ve heard Buzz Aldrin himself talking about his encounters with that ‘reporter’ before.

It’s noticeable in the video that Aldrin, though annoyed, was handling himself quite well until the ‘reporter’ called him a coward and a liar! ............that’s when the ‘reporter’ got a wallop!.................evidently that guy that been harassing Aldrin for months.

The one thing that really upset Aldrin was the ‘reporters’ constant insistence that the ‘moon landing hoax’ was planned way-back and even included the ‘deliberate murder’ of the 3 Astronauts who were burned to death on the launch-pad of Apollo 1 in 1967,

....... and that Aldrin had been complicit in this deception, along with everyone else at NASA. !!!!

Of course, the Astronauts who died were close personal friends and colleagues of Aldrin.

Those intrepid guys, in the 60’s, were a very tight knit community who’d worked and lived together for many years.; hence, eventually Aldrin snapped (and who could blame him) and walloped the toss-pot (sorry the ‘reporter’) in the gob!.........

If I’d been there I would have been quite happy to give the guy a good kicking myself. >:(

...............talk about a lack of respect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    That tosspot needs locking up for his own protection. Fancy trying to damages Buzzs fist with his face.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MOON MIRRORS

placed on moon 1962 ..for 40 years nasa bounced lasers off them to measure its distance from earth.

Who placed them there ? Space monsters is my bet