Comments

• Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On ITT today Erin said Judy will be joining them on the tour. That should be fun.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Many a true word is said in jest.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Many a true word is said in jest.

Anton is too fond of saying things 'in jest' he has done it for years nasty little man
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like he had a bit too much dutch courage before he went out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I think it wasn't one of Anton's better ideas to make a joke about Judy at a charity event given how the press twist things a friend emphasised it was said very tongue in cheek. The article in the Mirror emphasised that it was obvious to those in the room that Anton was joking. His friend goes on to say Anton knows Judy's sense of humour better than anyone and he knows she would not mind him making the joke. I hope Anton's friend is right. Judy adores Anton and all the evidence suggested he is very fond of her so I hope this is true. I am sorry I don't know how to do the link to the article in the Mirror.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    While I think it wasn't one of Anton's better ideas to make a joke about Judy at a charity event given how the press twist things a friend emphasised it was said very tongue in cheek. The article in the Mirror emphasised that it was obvious to those in the room that Anton was joking. His friend goes on to say Anton knows Judy's sense of humour better than anyone and he knows she would not mind him making the joke. I hope Anton's friend is right. Judy adores Anton and all the evidence suggested he is very fond of her so I hope this is true. I am sorry I don't know how to do the link to the article in the Mirror.

(Some) people can laugh at themselves. Nobody likes other people laughing at them. Judy will grin and smile through it. But she (and Andy) will be seething.

Imagine if Robin had done that to Lisa Riley. The She Devil would have crucified him.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Storm in a teacup. Her gimmick was being bad at dancing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Some) people can laugh at themselves. Nobody likes other people laughing at them. Judy will grin and smile through it. But she (and Andy) will be seething.

Imagine if Robin had done that to Lisa Riley. The She Devil would have crucified him.

I think Judy can laugh at herself and it was obvious she did not mind Anton joking during interviews. She was always very realistic about her dance ability. I really really hope she is ok with him making a joke when she is not there.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Is this the paper that gives copies away, to a captive audience, bored out of their minds on the bus or train every day, to get a readership?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the paper that gives copies away, to a captive audience, bored out of their minds on the bus or train every day, to get a readership?

Probably the only physical paper that most Londoners read - along with its evening version - The Standard.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very gallant of him to say that, especially after the very nice things he'd said on ITT and Strictly. Anything for a laugh, eh, Anton. >:(
    As for Pixie, he'd have collapsed from exhaustion after 2 weeks of training with her!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mountain out of a mole hill yet again, I bet Judy was laughing her socks off
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably wrote his script for him :cool:
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? And of course you know them well enough to make that judgement...
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    What a load of nonsense that paper prints.

Probably got it second or third hand through some other medium. Its like Chinese whispers - it starts out as something happy and amusing and, by the time it's been repeated a few times it's lost it's context completely and gets reported as something nasty.

As the Mirror has said, it was obvious to everyone it was a joke. Amazes me how some people take what they read as gospel even though they weren't there, don't know what the atmosphere was and didn't see the facial expressions or hear the tone of voice.

I do wish people wouldn't repeat this garbage and judge someone as nasty when they've never even met them.

Anyone who has seen Judy and Anton together knows they are the best of friends, and anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that Anton is aware that he will never be paired with one of the young "contenders" on the show. He doesn't take himself seriously at this stage of his dance career and neither should anyone else. He just likes to entertain - and yes, some of us do find him entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »

Probably got it second or third hand through some other medium. Its like Chinese whispers - it starts out as something happy and amusing and, by the time it's been repeated a few times it's lost it's context completely and gets reported as something nasty.

As the Mirror has said, it was obvious to everyone it was a joke. Amazes me how some people take what they read as gospel even though they weren't there, don't know what the atmosphere was and didn't see the facial expressions or hear the tone of voice.

I do wish people wouldn't repeat this garbage and judge someone as nasty when they've never even met them.

Anyone who has seen Judy and Anton together knows they are the best of friends, and anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that Anton is aware that he will never be paired with one of the young "contenders" on the show. He doesn't take himself seriously at this stage of his dance career and neither should anyone else. He just likes to entertain - and yes, some of us do find him entertaining.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I can imagine Judy reading that and laughing her head off. I've never seen a Strictly couple hit it off (platonically) as well as they did.

Yes, he jokes about everything, doesn't mean he doesn't genuinely like her, which he clearly does.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that even if he meant it as a joke with Judy's full blessing I find it rather rude and off putting.

I think this man has had his day on the show, at least I hope he has (but I won't hold my breath!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to say that even if he meant it as a joke with Judy's full blessing I find it rather rude and off putting.

I think this man has had his day on the show, at least I hope he has (but I won't hold my breath!!)
    A good job we don't all see things the same way. Life would be very dull if we were all negative in our views.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's completely in line with how they played the show.

Nothing to worry about here :D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good job we don't all see things the same way. Life would be very dull if we were all negative in our views.

Indeed. There was nothing at all negative about Anton saying in public that Judy was sh*t at dancing and that when he heard he was her partner he went "oh f**k" was there ;-):D
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. There was nothing at all negative about Anton saying in public that Judy was sh*t at dancing and that when he heard he was her partner he went "oh f**k" was there ;-):D

Thanks guys. :D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Anton is too fond of saying things 'in jest' he has done it for years nasty little man

ditto this ^^^
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Probably the only physical paper that most Londoners read - along with its evening version - The Standard.

I am guessing with a business model geared at getting adverts under people's noses with no aspirations to investigative journalism or quality editorial. More a regurgitation of the papers with ads than a proper paper?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am guessing with a business model geared at getting adverts under people's noses with no aspirations to investigative journalism or quality editorial. More a regurgitation of the papers with ads than a proper paper?
    Not just a regurgitation, but minor rewrites that can completely change the tone.