70 year old ex-British soldier attacked by 'asians' on Remembrance Sunday

blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2829814/Army-veteran-70-assaulted-walked-cenotaph-Remembrance-Sunday-gang-thugs-stole-regimental-beret-medals.html

Disgusting and vile racist attack by you know who who is usually described as 'asian' by the BBC. The Left always seem to be very very silent when this type of racism occurs; I wonder why?

Comments

• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I don't hold out much hope of the police putting themselves out to apprehend the culprits.

They'd probably get stained with an accusation of racism were they push things too much. Not conducive to career advancement.

What a sad state of affairs.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inspector Sue Sanderson, who leads the Keighley Area Neighbourhood Team,has appealed for anyone who may have seen the gang to come forward.

'We would appeal to anyone who saw a group of Asian youths acting suspiciously in the park at around the time of this incident, or anyone who may have seen them leaving the park afterwards,' she said.

'We believe there would have been other people around at the time, perhaps also making their way to the Remembrance Day service.

So they need to find CCTV footage, if it exists, and witnesses.

However if neither are forthcoming how will they go about finding the culprits?
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2829814/Army-veteran-70-assaulted-walked-cenotaph-Remembrance-Sunday-gang-thugs-stole-regimental-beret-medals.html

Disgusting and vile racist attack by you know who who is usually described as 'asian' by the BBC. The Left always seem to be very very silent when this type of racism occurs; I wonder why?

No, I don't, and if yo do, why aren't you helping the police?
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stupid and inflammatory comment I'm on the Left and this disgusts me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racism?

I wonder how many non-white ex servicemen walk through that park wearing military insignia?
    He believes he was attacked because of his uniform, as gang left his money

So even he doesn't believe it was a racist attack.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member

But this isn't the BBC. It's the Daily Mail, their readers probably think Asia is one big country.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Racism?

I wonder how many non-white ex servicemen walk through that park wearing military insignia?

So even he doesn't believe it was a racist attack.

Funny how some people are quick to dismiss the racist element in these incidents where the victim is white, but are usually frothing at the mouth with conviction when the victim is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how some people get apoplectic when they see the word "Asian" in the media.

If an ex Seikh soldier had been attacked they probably wouldn't give a monkey's.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mob handed attack on a pensioner?

Not only scum but scum who take cowardice to new depths.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What ARE you talking about? The Left is not some strange organisation whose role it is to make comments in the press every time there is a robbery, however unpleasant. It is obvious that racists will try to make capital out of this, but what is there to say, other than that? Nasty case, hope they're caught, end of topic. Do you froth at the mouth every single time there is a robbery and you can't see a comment by The Left in the press report?
    Elyan wrote: »
    I don't hold out much hope of the police putting themselves out to apprehend the culprits.

They'd probably get stained with an accusation of racism were they push things too much. Not conducive to career advancement.

What a sad state of affairs.
    What a sad state of affairs you have fantasised. Of course the police will try to catch the robbers, and of course it would be seen as to their credit if they did.
    Elyan wrote: »
    Funny how some people are quick to dismiss the racist element in these incidents where the victim is white, but are usually frothing at the mouth with conviction when the victim is not.

You seem to misunderstand the meaning of 'racist element'. A racist crime is not one where the perpetrators are of a different race from the victim. It is one where there is clear evidence that the motivation was racist. Do you see evidence of this? At present all we have is a thuggish robbery with no known motivation other than to steal someone else's property. For it to be seen as a racist crime you would have to have an element of racism in it, normally in the form of words spoken.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    It may or may not have anything to do with race, but it certainly wasn't just a thuggish robbery because they weren't interested in his money.

He was obviously targeted because he was an vulnerable old soldier.
    They took his medals and his beret.

There seems to be a rise in this type of hatred against anything and anybody connected to the military.
    Its very sad, especially when it happens to the old. :(
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Disgusting. The sooner they find the putrid scum who did this the better
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What ARE you talking about? The Left is not some strange organisation whose role it is to make comments in the press every time there is a robbery, however unpleasant. It is obvious that racists will try to make capital out of this, but what is there to say, other than that? Nasty case, hope they're caught, end of topic. Do you froth at the mouth every single time there is a robbery and you can't see a comment by The Left in the press report?

What a sad state of affairs you have fantasised. Of course the police will try to catch the robbers, and of course it would be seen as to their credit if they did.

You seem to misunderstand the meaning of 'racist element'. A racist crime is not one where the perpetrators are of a different race from the victim. It is one where there is clear evidence that the motivation was racist. Do you see evidence of this? At present all we have is a thuggish robbery with no known motivation other than to steal someone else's property. For it to be seen as a racist crime you would have to have an element of racism in it, normally in the form of words spoken.

It sounds like he was targeted because he was an ex soldier, they didn't take his money so you can see why people think the motivation behind it is more than a thuggish robbery.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    We can't be sure if it was a racist attack or not however when they catch the scum bags who did it if I had my way they would still be in prison when they were 70.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,563
    Forum Member
    The only reason this thread is here is because it has "Asians" in the title,
    The OP is s BNP supporter and his agenda is obvious.
    The crime itself is horrible and I do hope the thugs involved get caught but IMO if it had been carried out by white lads then the OP would ignore it totally.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    It sounds like he was targeted because he was an ex soldier, they didn't take his money so you can see why people think the motivation behind it is more than a thuggish robbery.

Given that they stole his medals and beret, you can also see why people think it was a thuggish robbery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.
    But seeing who the OP is, why bother.
    He's hardly one to produce a rational argument about what sort of crime it is.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a sad indictment on our society that people are more interested in squabbling and point scoring over the racial angle than in the fact that we have gangs of animalistic youths roaming the streets who think it is in any way acceptable to behave like a pack of feral rats.

Hopefully they will be caught, named and shamed.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    Given that they stole his medals and beret, you can also see why people think it was a thuggish robbery.

|Why leave his money which is more than the medals are worth and less likely to identify them? According to the victim they didn't even ask for it. As soon as they try to punt these medals they'll be found out.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    The only reason this thread is here is because it has "Asians" in the title,
    The OP is s BNP supporter and his agenda is obvious.
    The crime itself is horrible and I do hope the thugs involved get caught but IMO if it had been carried out by white lads then the OP would ignore it totally.

:confused:

On the contrary, I consider any attack on a person of advanced age by a gang of youths is disgusting. BUT, if it had been a group of white lads doing it to an old soldier who was 'asian', the leftist BBC and the leftist mainstream media would have been all over it like a rash.
    Forum Member
    :confused:

On the contrary, I consider any attack on a person of advanced age by a gang of youths is disgusting. BUT, if it had been a group of white lads doing it to an old soldier who was 'asian', the leftist BBC and the leftist mainstream media would have been all over it like a rash.

You mean like last time when that old Sikh was attacked by that girl and her mob and the argmunt from the right was he was probably trying to rape her.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean like last time when that old Sikh was attacked by that girl and her mob and the argmunt from the right was he was probably trying to rape her.

Link.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so it was hi jinx from a group of lads who thought it would be fun to nick a beret .. probably ffrightening to the victim but wasnt intended as an act of violence.
    Forum Member
    Link.

There was a big thread on here about it I believe the guy ended up dying
This discussion has been closed.