Does The Prize Affect Who You Want To Win?

fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It does for me. If it was just a sum of money then I wouldn't be bothered if a silly act won. In fact good on them, well done, go for it.

But whoever wins is going to perform in front of Queenie and the thought of Jean (delightful though she is) performing a party piece at the RVP makes me cringe.

One year the GBP will deliberately vote an odd act through and I guess that will be the end of the RVP prize (do they have an opt out clause?).

What do you all think?

Comments

• fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am being cursed by invisiposts.

:mad: :mad:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    No, I don't care what the Queen would or wouldn't like. I just vote for what I like. However, I don't like dafte annoying untalented acts like Jean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does for me. If it was just a sum of money then I wouldn't be bothered if a silly act won. In fact good on them, well done, go for it.

But whoever wins is going to perform in front of Queenie and the thought of Jean (delightful though she is) performing a party piece at the RVP makes me cringe.

One year the GBP will deliberately vote an odd act through and I guess that will be the end of the RVP prize (do they have an opt out clause?).

What do you all think?

Trying to make my thread show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    No, I don't care what the Queen would or wouldn't like. I just vote for what I like. However, I don't like dafte annoying untalented acts like Jean.

Ooh, thank you for a reply, I've never had invisiposts before.

My thought wasn't whether the Queen would like it as such - more the thought of the stoney silence that a 'novelty' act will receive.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What do you all think?

Having watched the RVP for decades - let me assure you that the Queen has seen more dead wood on stage than in a lumber yard.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I think it should be a 3 minute variety act that is talented, a bit amazing, eccentric or funny and not a conventional singer. I think the Queen and Duke of Ed, who have seen everything in their lives, would rather see Pip and Puppy or a magician than the fat and boring Michael Collings who has an a stage voice and no stage presence. They'd be much more likely to remember an impressionist or a Stephen Hall laugh act than these rather creepy effeminate boy singerscand dancers. But it's Syco that controls who wins and that's all about music downloads and album sales.