Scottish YES voters turn to dirty tactics through panic?

Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
Forum Member
3 weeks to go until the day of the referendum, and locally there has been an increase in 'battle lines' being drawn by campaigners for either side.

Now I'm not quite sure what the point in these campaigners is, as I certainly wouldn't be swayed by some pompous old biddy coming to my doorstep trying to make me agree with her opinion, and I think most people have made up their mind and won't be swayed.

Over the past year, the Yes campaign has done an excellent job of putting their little stickers, posters, huge billboards, etc up around the place to increase awareness. In the past week I have noticed a big increase in 'team UK' or 'proud to be Scottish, delighted to be united' banners, as well as up in the fields the 'no thanks' wooden lettering. A lot of these are vanishing, after being ripped down, and locally the 'no thanks' wooden installation was burnt down. Meanwhile the Yes campaigns stuff is left untouched.

Today Menzies Campbell was making a speech in the local park and once again you get the giddy 'ILLEGAL WARS' idiot parrots screaming over the top of him, reminiscent of the woman in the middle of the Audience of Mondays TV debate who looked like she had just won the lottery every time salmond spoke, and wet her knickers when salmond got all excited like a kid at Christmas about using the pound.

Going to be warfare up here in the event of a NO vote, as the YES vote is getting increasingly unstable and giddy. God forbid they should snatch it, the smugness will be unbelievable.

Hopefully they can keep their excitable hands in their pockets and stop trying to smother the yes campaign with bullying tactics.

Peace.

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selfishly I cannot wait for the No vote to win because the reactions of certain Yes supporters will be a joy to watch. I've noticed across many platforms how nasty its started to get. It does look as though that becoming more mainstream apparent.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite my desire to preserve the Union, I feel myself wanting to see a YES vote just to be rid of the daft sods. I think I'll be happy either way - a NO will knock Wee Wullie's smile round the back of his head, but a YES will lead to some very entertaining politics for years to come.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Despite my desire to preserve the Union, I feel myself wanting to see a YES vote just to be rid of the daft sods. I think I'll be happy either way - a NO will knock Wee Wullie's smile round the back of his head, but a YES will lead to some very entertaining politics for years to come.

In what way?

The UK have already said no currency union will happen so Scotland will never get a lender when it comes to money. How will we be able to support ourselves? We will be bankrupt overnight.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I'll resort to dirty tactics if there is another bloody Scottish independence thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where on earth do you live in Scotland, we have 1 yes flag and haven't seen any no signs in my area outside Edinburgh or callers at door. I wouldn't know there was a referendum it wasn't on the news or forums stirring up nonsense.
  • Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Dosierosie wrote: »
    Where on earth do you live in Scotland, we have 1 yes flag and haven't seen any no signs in my area outside Edinburgh or callers at door. I wouldn't know there was a referendum it wasn't on the news or forums stirring up nonsense.

Fife... And going by the amount of pro/anti paraphernalia around here I'm extremely surprised that you say that... Where on earth do you live?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    East of Edinburgh, must phone up my nephew in Fife to see how bad it is haven't visited for a while.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Scottish YES voters turn to dirty tactics through panic?

Does this mean the Better Together campaign has been panicking for about a year?
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can post about 20 links from recent articles about Yes signs vandalised or whatever. But I have no urge to start a thread "Scottish NO voters turn to dirty tactics through panic?".

Yes trailer vandalised (or "untouched" in Scott Cheg's view) >
    https://twitter.com/calumrkerr/status/497708394204372992/photo/1

Scottish Independence: Faeces smeared on Yes shop
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-faeces-smeared-on-yes-shop-1-3518239

Yes campaigner says she was racially abused in Kirkcaldy
    http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/i-was-so-stunned-yes-campaigner-says-she-was-racially-abused-in-kirkcaldy-1.536641

I suggest you close this thread. There are examples on both sides. Not just one. You've had your little rant.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sensationalist thread title OP - the only evidence of 'dirty tactics' I've seen is the mischief of the BT lot on here. Your thread being a prime example. Stop stirring it.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think yes voters also eat babies. I have not actually seen any yes voter eat a baby, but I read about them eating babies on the Internet.

That must mean that it's true. Surely!!
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my friends was in Dundee yesterday, and apparently an MPs Better Together speech was heckled by Yes supporters, being nasty, violent and swearing at people. It's so nice to see such tolerance for the opposing view.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I can post about 20 links from recent articles about Yes signs vandalised or whatever. But I have no urge to start a thread "Scottish NO voters turn to dirty tactics through panic?".

Yes trailer vandalised (or "untouched" in Scott Cheg's view) >
    https://twitter.com/calumrkerr/status/497708394204372992/photo/1

Scottish Independence: Faeces smeared on Yes shop
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-faeces-smeared-on-yes-shop-1-3518239

Yes campaigner says she was racially abused in Kirkcaldy
    http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/i-was-so-stunned-yes-campaigner-says-she-was-racially-abused-in-kirkcaldy-1.536641

I suggest you close this thread. There are examples on both sides. Not just one. You've had your little rant.

I know it shouldn't but the 'poo on the door handle' story made me laugh :blush::D
  • HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    It's so nice to see such tolerance for the opposing view.

It is isn't it.

https://twitter.com/BritNatAbuseBot
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said on another thread as a yes voter I have encountered abuse from no voters. Unfortunately there are a faction on both sides but it seems from the media it that it is only yes voters doing the abusing.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    The UK have already said no currency union will happen so Scotland will never get a lender when it comes to money. How will we be able to support ourselves? We will be bankrupt overnight.
    Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

Pure bluff.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    :D:D Some people really do post hysterical nonsense on here. The OP's agenda couldn't be clearer or being done in a more hamfisted way. And he accuses the Yes campaign of being unstable and giddy :o
  • Raring_to_goRaring_to_go Posts: 20,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy wrote: »

Oh dear it was my first visit to twitter and I hope it’s not a sign of what’s to come.....whatever the outcome of the vote it’s going to run and run.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my granny who's nearly 90 and everytime i see her she's trying to talk me out of
    voting yes the latest one is dont vote yes as The torys are plotting revenge on us if we do
    i believed that as much as i would take this thread at all seriously
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boo hoo - someone got shouted at. What about the death threats to Jim Sillars from the No side?
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    This person is obviously sane and rational as he apparently tried to drive Alex Salmond off the road, while waving a No placard.
    Forum Member
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    Boo hoo - someone got shouted at. What about the death threats to Jim Sillars from the No side?

Doesn't count. Not relevant to the No campaign as only they can get their feelings hurt. :cry:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dosierosie wrote: »

There have been lots of reports that No supporters have been afraid of putting a poster in their window in case they got abuse or worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11045117/No-Thanks-independence-posters-defaced.html
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    There have been lots of reports that No supporters have been afraid of putting a poster in their window in case they got abuse or worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11045117/No-Thanks-independence-posters-defaced.html

Have a look at #10. Not just a one sided thing.
  • mRebelmRebel Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    :D:D Some people really do post hysterical nonsense on here. The OP's agenda couldn't be clearer or being done in a more hamfisted way. And he accuses the Yes campaign of being unstable and giddy :o

Here's a couple of comments on the Guardian report on the abuse of Mr Murphy,

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/29/scotland-referendum-jim-murphy-abuse

Vote YES and rid ourselves of these brit *******. Murphy et al should realise that if you shout lies in the street, you are going to get a reaction from people who know you to be a bloody liar.
    All of you commentators - aka brit trolls - who suddenly appear from the ether should know that we don't give a monkeys what you think. How many votes do you have in this referendum Wessexboy? Do one laddie..

and,

He should be thankful for Scottish civility. In other countries proponents of the occupation were actually Lynched, and Quislings were shot dead.
    Here is a man who proposes the continuation of the English occupation, although it has generate a cultural genocide over the last centuries, forced out of Scotland 3/4rths of the Scottish people, and was using Scotland resources to finance their empire and Scotsmen to man English colonials armies so the Queen and her cronies can easier squeeze profits out of other unfortunated people,

Good grief!