Invisiposts

fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've seen posts about this before but have only just experienced this in the last couple of days.

I've just started a thread in the BGT forum and I can't actually see it!! (Only by pressing the 'back' button'.)

Someone has replied and I thought I would then be able to see it but I still can't.

Is there a reason for this phenomenum? Will it just stop as mysteriously as it started or do I have to contact forum support?

I can't believe that I can't see a thread but other people can.

It's like living in a parallel universe.

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was happening to me all the time yesterday, I found in the end that for some reason my browser (IE8) was showing cached versions of DS pages and you could only get to see new posts by manually refreshing a page.

I then changed a setting in IE to make it always look for a newer version of a page and that seems to have cured it. Not sure of the technicalities but I think something must have changed at DS's end as I wasn't having the problem before yesterday.

This is probably a waste of time 'cos you won't see the post!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    the inisipost normally refers to when you can see that a post has been made from the forum index but it is not visible in the thread. it sometimes happens with the OP too, in that case a new thread appears completely empty.

both are cleared when the next person posts.

it's a problem with the server side caching. if you are seeing outdated versions of the page that's slightly different, probably cache related too but might be fixed with a Ctrl + F5
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've merged the threads about this and other DS problems in the General Discussion forum. The site has issues, not sure there is much you can do about it.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies - I can see them if I keep my OP open in a tab and keep refreshing.

Keefy-Boy, thanks for the suggestion - I'll see what happens in Firefox.................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I don't come back it's not because I'm not grateful........................

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I can see myself in FF so it's an IE8/DS thingy (technical term).

Thanks Keefy, at least I have a solution for now!

(I honestly wouldn't have thought to try another browser. :o )

• SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I can see myself in FF so it's an IE8/DS thingy (technical term).

Thanks Keefy, at least I have a solution for now!

(I honestly wouldn't have thought to try another browser. :o )

DS has already admitted it's a problem at their end, not browser specific. I was having identical issues on both Firefox and IE9.

See http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1484936